• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Ondore

I want to grab Citizens of Earth tonight but I'm really worried about the freezing and other glitches.

Hell, NWR couldn't even score the review.

maxcriden

I want to grab Citizens of Earth tonight but I'm really worried about the freezing and other glitches.

Hell, NWR couldn't even score the review.

As such, we're not scoring the Wii U version as it is right now because we could not finish it. Atlus and Eden Industries are working on a fix for the issues. We will update this review when that happens. In the meantime, here's our thoughts on what we could play of the Wii U version. Enjoy it while we wait for the fix and work on reviewing the 3DS version.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t experience much of the story as our game had a tendency to freeze up and crash while entering buildings or new areas. When the game was working properly however, a load screen was required every time you entered a building, even one with a single small room. This made exploration a bit tedious and didn’t encourage going back to a lot of areas.

We also experienced minor glitches when equipping items to the Mom or Brother characters and when storing enemy stats to the Conspiracy Guy’s almanac, but these cleared up as we progressed through the game.

From a commenter:

I've only had it crash on me once so far in the ten hours I've sunk into it. Sucks that you are running into more issues :-/

....Dang.

How is Pacman and The ghostly adventure structure wise ?

Is it more of a Banjo Kazooie-esque thing with more open-ish worlds and shit to collect or more level based like SM3DW where you have to get to the flagpole/ star at the end of the level?

10 bucks for a 3D platformer (which are incredibly rare these days) is mighty tempting !

Edit: Oh and I have to get Gunman Clive 2. I have to admit, I mainly bought the first game because of the trailer ("some artsy visuals") and the cheap price....but it was a good game in the end . Gotta support Beril too, nice guy !

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, what games are you even playing these days? I feel like the game talk has really dried up of late ;__;
College started last week, that's why.

I'm looking forward to getting Punch-Out on Thursday. I think I even still have my save file from when I rented it back when it came out. Otherwise, aside from the 3D Classics from Sega over these next few months, I can't think of anything else that's coming to the eShop that interests me.

maxcriden

I'm looking forward to getting Punch-Out on Thursday. I think I even still have my save file from when I rented it back when it came out. Otherwise, aside from the 3D Classics from Sega over these next few months, I can't think of anything else that's coming to the eShop that interests me.

You're all in college?! I'm feeling really old at nearly 27 here, then....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You're only 4 years older than me.

Think overall, January is just a slower month before Feb. hits with the New XL, Majora's Mask 3D, more amiibo, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, & such. Then Club Nintendo is suppose to have more games up (along with physical rewards) as well.

Speaking of CN, they said that the Gold/Platinum rewards will be digital games again, but you have the entire month of April to get them instead of in July.

maxcriden

Think overall, January is just a slower month before Feb. hits with the New XL, Majora's Mask 3D, more amiibo, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, & such. Then Club Nintendo is suppose to have more games up (along with physical rewards) as well.

Speaking of CN, they said that the Gold/Platinum rewards will be digital games again, but you have the entire month of April to get them instead of in July.

Oh, where did they say the Gold/Plat will be digital games? Interesting. Oh, I see:

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Not sure I caught that. Thanks. Really interesting. Curious to see what they'll put up in February.

I plan on kindly asking TTH for a physical reward if I don't have the coins for it.

terrisus

Guys, what games are you even playing these days? I feel like the game talk has really dried up of late ;__;

tumblr_n35gtdoiYe1r5c7bao1_500.gif

Well, at the moment, I'm mainly looking forward to Citizens of Earth on Thursday.

During my break from this thread, I also picked up a PS Vita, although since it only came with a 4GB card, and uses expensive proprietary memory, I only really had room for Persona 4 Golden until the 16GB card I got in the B/S/T thread came in, which it did today. Seriously, having to deal with that thing's memory and the cost of it makes me all the more appreciative of just being able to stick a cheap 64GB SanDisk SDXC card in my 3DS and call it a day.

Also got Lords of Xulima for PC once it came to GOG the other day, but haven't had a chance to get into it yet. It looks great though.

terrisus

24 here, you're not the only fogey.

I'm 32, and get off my lawn!

I've also spent about 13 years in college, between a Bachelor's, a Master's, and most of a PhD which isn't going to happen.
Been out for the past year after dropping out of my PhD program, but I'm going to be starting in on a second Master's program next month.

Leaning never ends!
But the pay sucks >.>

I'm making the slowest process possible in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.I would be farther along, but getting ready for a trip. Looking forward to Punch out , Gunman Clive, Kirby and MM. So much games near the same time.

I've also spent about 13 years in college, between a Bachelor's, a Master's, and most of a PhD which isn't going to happen.
Been out for the past year after dropping out of my PhD program, but I'm going to be starting in on a second Master's program next month.

Leaning never ends!
But the pay sucks >.>

tumblr_inline_mz1gj196vo1s3hvmd.jpg

Robin64

I was there was NoE used to protect us, sheltering us from those scary Japanese RPGs and also red blood and religious symbols. Thank you, NoE, for keeping me safe.

I'm playing through Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's Dream Land 3 -'.'- for the first time. I think I'm about halfway through each. Never had a Wii and somehow missed out on Kirby as a kid. I've been having a great time with each of them. On my 3DS, I'm on my last case of the first Ace Attorney. Also a first timer. It's been a pretty great couple of weeks of games. I might be spoiled.

Hahaha, 24 as "old". Get outta here!

Babies, the lot of you.

Robin64

I am currently playing Captain Toad and Smash Brothers on the Wii U. On the 3DS I am slowly working through Pokemon Omega Ruby (but it's a bit of a slog..) and have just started on the so-far-amazing Layton vs Wright.

TheMoon

YEAH!

We paid 70 dollars for videogames and like it!

We paid $130 (currency converted from Deutsch Marks to Euros to US Dollars and adjusted for inflation!) for classics that people today bitch about when they get to buy them for 8 with added functionality lol.

TheMoon

I was there was NoE used to protect us, sheltering us from those scary Japanese RPGs and also red blood and religious symbols. Thank you, NoE, for keeping me safe.

Erm, NOE are the only ones who gave a shit and localized almost all the amazing ones for us themselves^^ (Mystic Quest, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Lufia 2, Illusion of Time, Terranigma, and they even had FF VI translated at the time).

Robin64

Erm, NOE are the only ones who gave a shit and localized almost all the amazing ones for us themselves^^ (Mystic Quest, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Lufia 2, Illusion of Time, Terranigma, and they even had FF VI translated at the time).

They had FFVI translated? God damn..

Out of those, though, I'll give you Mana and Terranigma as amazing. ;)

Fun Fact: Secret of Evermore was developed and published by Squaresoft Inc. in USA!

So... lol what did they have to localize exactly?

SerTapTap

Omega Ruby (barely--I mostly bought it as a pokemon box so I don't have to worry about my pokemon bank sub)
Senran Kagura 2 (wow, never thought I'd be able to play my copy until this weekend--I bought the limited edition for the figures)
Battle Network 2 (the asset reuse is pretty extreme, but it still seems alright, not too far yet)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (need to finish this one up, but I couldn't find a good guide for all Cacklebats)

BooJoh

I'm 34, and I only really feel old when I hear people talk about stuff like having DS's as kids or growing up on Pokemon (I was 18 when R/B came out... 18!)

Speaking of cards, what card cases do you all use for 3DS? I have too many cards and my cases are kind of a pain to use, so my "currently in play" cards just get left out in a drawer. I was gonna get the club nintendo ones but I'm holding out incase the february stuff blows my socks off. And I mean, the cases are pretty meh rewards, rather buy those with real money and get something really unique with my coins.
I have 4 of the CN cases for storing games at home, for on the go I have a set of 3 DS card cases that each hold 3 games in a row. Each case is about as long as a candy bar and about as thick as two DS games. I like them because I can bring 3, 6, or 9 extra games with me depending on how many games I'm currently switching between atm.

I recently finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, still slowly working my way through Captain Toad, and playing the MH4 demo in anticipation of MH4U next month.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Captain Toad, five pages of book 3 remaining
Hyrule Warriors, grinding through Adventure Mode maps.
Fantasy Life, very close to the end of the main (non-DLC) story.
Smash and Pokemon still on-going.
Playing Kirby Air Ride for the first time now. Amazing game.
And starting over with Deus Ex:HR on Steam. I love the world in this game.

donny2112

Desperately trying to complete the deluge of games bought at the end of DDP era before their post-play surveys go up. Guess we won't have to worry about post-play suveys expiring too fast anymore! :D
:(
Just finished Armillo last night. Liked the special world. ;)

You are old at 27.
My theory is that you are really an adult at 24, so everything after that is just "old."
I'm just older. :p

Edit:
I'm the oldest of those who posted in the last couple of pages, so far, but there are definitely older gamers than me about. :p

TheMoon

N64 games were highway robbery, looking back, but since they only released 1 or 2 good ones every 6 months, it wasn't so bad! :lol

And if you bought the right ones, you'd end up with classics that lasted you a lifetime (or until they got redone like SF643D, OoT3D, MM3D, BK, BT, PD ;D

donny2112

And if you bought the right ones, you'd end up with classics that lasted you a lifetime (or until they got redone like SF643D, OoT3D, MM3D, BK, BT, PD ;D

Goldeneye, Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Leader, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels are still exclusive, at least. Wish I could've tried Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine at the time, though. Doesn't seem to be "good enough" to warrant the cost of a full game from nowadays, and being a licensed Factor 5 game, it has basically zero chance of VC arrival. Oh, well.

Edit:
Oh, and the v1 of OoT with red blood and chanting FTW! :lol

Carts are built to last!

I have a lot of my collection still. They hold up extremely well to dust and decay.

Zeeman

I'm tempted to download Super Mario Galaxy 2 even though I already have the disc sitting right in front of me. I'm part of the problem. :(

It's so tempting! However, I don't own Punch-Out or MPT, so I'm saving my cash for them.

Currently playing:
Wii U - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
(3)DS - Last Window

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
3DS-wise I somewhat recently finished Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (story at least, and the delta episode). Need to continue Weapon Shop de Omasse sometime soon. On Wii U I'm playing Captain Toad (on episode 3) and completing the first adventure mode map on Hyrule Warriors here and there (just recently finished getting all the weapons). Most of my time recently has been split between Captain Toad and stuff I've been playing on Steam though.

tolkir

Pika-ketchup.gif

Lately, I am playing some Wii backlog.

Right now, I'm with Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo.
The game is a basic Beat'm up without difficulty. But, hey, it's chibi Goku.

Best part of the game: Awesome Opening
vJrzr3.gif

Demon's Crest (DOTY) and Mushroom Men beaten recently. :p

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
:( Everybody here is so youn........

! Oh thank God, somebody older than me :D

3DS-wise I somewhat recently finished Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Nice. What did you think of Azran? It's my favorite of the 6 Professor Layton games, just slightly edging out Unwound Future :)

Have you thought about trying Rhythm Thief? Great underrated game, plays very much like Professor Layton but with rhythm games/segments instead of puzzles:

6236117036_4fda8e77a3.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Club Nintendo is ending?

It would be awesome if they introduced a PS+ like system. Especially if they bring back the DDP with it.

TheMoon

Shantae and the Pirates Curse hits EU on Feb 5, AU on Feb 6 (Wii U & 3DS)

hype!!!

Club Nintendo is ending?

It would be awesome if they introduced a PS+ like system. Especially if they bring back the DDP with it.

Eww, please no PS+ bullshit. They can do better.

Top Bottom