• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Everyone buy Citizens of Earth!

Absolutely spectacular game.
Made by some great people as well.

This is the kind of game that deserves full support, and that we should want to see more of.

I'll wait til the New 3DS.The art direction looks really meh, as Earthbound-y as the gameplay is.

Ladekabel

Bought Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm 35 Cents short. Otherwise I probably would have bought Citizens of Earth but will try it later.
Will save my shop credit 'til something from my wishlist will go on sale.

Other question: How reliable is the (German) Nintendo customer service? Can't log in to my Club Nintendo Account and sent an e-mail to the support. Didn't get an answer yet. Not even confirmation that my message arrived.

Bought Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm 35 Cents short. Otherwise I probably would have bought Citizens of Earth but will try it later.
Will save my shop credit 'til something from my wishlist will go on sale.

Other question: How reliable is the (German) Nintendo customer service? Can't log in to my Club Nintendo Account and sent an e-mail to the support. Didn't get an answer yet. Not even confirmation that my message arrived.

I couldn't log into my account yesterday but it started working again today. i haven't had to contact them in years but I've only had good experiences.

SerTapTap

I have to agree with that. The art style looks terrible. Ah well, I haven't put much time into Pier Solar HD yet, so it would be stupid to buy another RPG.

I thought the character design seemed alright but the in-game environments look pretty poor IMO. As far as Earthboundy RPGs, I still need to play LISA anyway...

Zeeman

A bunch of games are up for pre-order on Nintendo.com: Majora 3D, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Code Name STEAM, Mario Party 10 and Fossil Fighters Frontier. You can pre-load Kirby and MP10.

Also confirming that Kirby is $40 ($45 in Canada) and MP10 is $50 ($60(!) in Canada)

zroid

Banned
MP10 is $50 ($60(!) in Canada)

360.gif

I've finally reached the point were ill be using an external hard drive for my Wii U. All but one of the USB ports are spoken for as I have the Internet adapter in the back and the GameCube adapter in the front. Can I safely unplug the hard drive from the front when the system is off and swap it for the GameCube adapter for Smash?

terrisus

I've finally reached the point were ill be using an external hard drive for my Wii U. All but one of the USB ports are spoken for as I have the Internet adapter in the back and the GameCube adapter in the front. Can I safely unplug the hard drive from the front when the system is off and swap it for the GameCube adapter for Smash?

As long as all the Smash data is on the system and not the hard drive, sure.

foltzie1

As long as all the Smash data is on the system and not the hard drive, sure.

and Smash itself, if you have the DL version (since this is technically a downloads thread)

GulAtiCa

There are 4 USB hubs, aren't there? 2 in the back. What is the the one being used for?

Anyways, just get an USB splitter/hub if they are full. Here is one for like $7 at Amazon. They are VERY cheap. In fact you get easily get any at Target, and prob any grocery store chain.

Zeeman

I'm so amped to finally get Punch-Out today I've been reloading Nintendo's site for the moment I can buy it. (Also, I finally want to try the automatic Wii U download) I'll probably be doing the same thing with MPT next week. If Nintendo keeps putting annoying-to-find Wii titles on sale, I probably keep buying every single one. (Hint, hint)

There are 4 USB hubs, aren't there? 2 in the back. What is the the one being used for?

Anyways, just get an USB splitter/hub if they are full. Here is one for like $7 at Amazon. They are VERY cheap. In fact you get easily get any at Target, and prob any grocery store chain.

The back one is for the Internet adapter and my hard drive uses a y cable. I'll probably grab a hub like that. Thanks.

GulAtiCa

The back one is for the Internet adapter. I'll probably grab a hub like that. Thanks.

There are 2 in the back. Only 1 is needed for the Ethernet adapter. What is the other one being used for?

An external HDD only needs 1 USB plug if powered into a socket (recommended that way anyways)

Just went to buy SMTIV but it's 1.79GB(!) and I don't have the space :(

Coincidentally I ordered a new SD card just yesterday for the n3DS so it'll fit once that gets here, which is nice... but I want to play it now!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Looks like these are the other games on sale for that Throwback sale:

Wii U
NES Remix 2: $10.49

3DS
The Legend of Zelda: $3.49
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: $29.99
Kid Icarus- Of Myths and Monsters: $1.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising: $24.49

From here: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Zeeman

Looks like these are the other games on sale for that Throwback sale:

Wii U
NES Remix 2: $10.49

3DS
The Legend of Zelda: $3.49
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: $29.99
Kid Icarus- Of Myths and Monsters: $1.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising: $24.49

From here: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Strange that no other Punch-Out game is on sale. Tempted to grab NES Remix 2, though it's $11.49 in Canada. How's KI:OMaM?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, no Punch-Out game on sale to celebrate the Wii one? Weird. Not to mention NES Remix 2 is on sale but not the first one.

Cool that Uprising is $25. Pretty good price, I'd say.

Edit: WOW, Punch-Out is a whopping 3801MB to download. That's almost DOUBLE what Super Mario Galaxy 2 was.

I guessed they figured having Super up for one of the final Club Nintendo downloads would be enough. I thought for sure the NES would be on sale though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well Punch-Out NES is in NES Remix 2. Least that makes sense.

Sucks I can't check to see what's on my old Punch-Out save file since it probably won't finish downloading before I gotta go back to class. I'm pretty sure I got close to the end (final league on the harder mode, I think?). At the very least, there was insane challenges like beating Glass Joe in just 4 punches & such that I could focus on.

Top Bottom