• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

SerTapTap

Correct. Nintendo stated anything released after the 20th, physical or digital, won't count for Club Nintendo due to it closing.

What? Crap, I guess I have to buy an old game to get my last 25 coins for platinum then. Was hoping Prime Trilogy would push me over

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super Mario Galaxy 2 will still count (I think 20 + 10 post-play), which is the only Wii download that'll give you coins.

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Club Nintendo Rewards

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

• Punch-Out!! (Nintendo | $9.99 until 01/29, then $19.99)
    8undgnfl7hzuil8z7hlc18jj7u.png

Wii U | Sales

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | $11.99 until 01/27, then $14.99)
  • NES Remix 2 (Nintendo | $10.49 until 01/29, then $14.99)
  • Punch-Out!! (Nintendo | $9.99 until 01/29, then $19.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Undead Storm Nightmare (G-Style | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | $11.99 until 01/27, then $14.99)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo | $24.49 until 01/29, then $34.99)
  • Kid Icarus - Of Myths and Monsters (Nintendo | $1.99 until 01/29, then $3.99)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo | $29.99 until 01/29, then $39.99)
  • The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo | $3.49 until 01/29, then $4.99)

vYU92.png

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | €9.59 | £7.99 until 01/29, then €11.99 | £9.99. €7.19 | £5.99 if you own 3DS version)
    TM_WiiUDS_CitizensOfEarth_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | €9.59 | £7.99 until 01/29, then €11.99 | £9.99. €7.19 | £5.99 if you own 3DS version)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo | €9.99 | £8.99 until 01/29, then €19.99 | £17.99)
  • Super Toy Cars (Eclipse Games) - €3.99/£3.49 (Ends January 29, regular price €7.99/£6.99)
  • 99Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12, regular price €2.49/£2.29)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12, regular price €1.99/£1.79)
  • 99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends February 12, regular price €2.49/£2.29)
  • Blok Drop U (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends March 18, regular price €1.49/£1.29)

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus | €9.59 | £7.99 until 01/29, then €11.99 | £9.99. €7.19 | £5.99 if you own WiiU version)
  • Hazumi (Gamelion Studios | €3.99 | £3.20)
    TM_WiiUDS_CitizensOfEarth_search_thumb.jpg
    TM_3DSDS_Hazumi_search_thumb.jpg

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shin Megami Tensei IV (ATLUS) - €12.99/£11.69 (Ends January 29, regular price €19.99/£17.99)
  • Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends January 29, regular price €29.99/£24.99)
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus | €9.59 | £7.99 until 01/29, then €11.99 | £9.99. €7.19 | £5.99 if you own WiiU version)
  • Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99 /£0.99 (Ends February 4, regular price €6.66/£6.66)

uxwGK.png

Breezeblox is really good guys. It plays really similarly to Edge, but it has a far greater focus on puzzle-solving than platforming. ~$10 is a tad high though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nothing for me this week.

I'm gonna pass on Punch Out, and Citizen Earth really doesn't do it for me.

I'll be all aboard for Metroid next week though! :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so that's likely to be the best price we'll see for Kid Icarus for a long time, yeah?

Seems to be getting rare in physical form.

also

Banned
Well, I finally made a NNID for my 3DS and locked myself to the German store for good. I hope that wasn't a big mistake.

Unrelated question: Can I (who only has a 3DS) add someone who only has a Wii U to my friends and interact with him in some way? Or is it system based?
Germany and Australia are the worst when it comes to NNIDs because smaller devs will sometimes skip them due to rating costs. It doesn't happen often for Germany but you may end up missing out on some games.

TheMoon

Germany and Australia are the worst when it comes to NNIDs because smaller devs will sometimes skip them due to rating costs. It doesn't happen often for Germany but you may end up missing out on some games.

That's why I relegated my old regular 3DS to "other European country-NNID-3DS" :)

Haven't picked a country yet though. Think I might go with the Netherlands since I can somewhat read Dutch and if I'm not mistaken they get the option to pick between different language roms if they are available?

That's why I relegated my old regular 3DS to "other European country-NNID-3DS" :)

Haven't picked a country yet though. Think I might go with the Netherlands since I can somewhat read Dutch and if I'm not mistaken they get the option to pick between different language roms if they are available?
Why not just not bother with an NNID at all on that system? (since it is still optional on a 3DS) Unless you really need demos and free apps on two 3DS systems but I can't see the benefit.

I've finally reached the point were ill be using an external hard drive for my Wii U. All but one of the USB ports are spoken for as I have the Internet adapter in the back and the GameCube adapter in the front. Can I safely unplug the hard drive from the front when the system is off and swap it for the GameCube adapter for Smash?
The Gamecube adapter still works with only the black cable plugged in. It will lack rumble as a result though. I think that is a lot better than messing around with USB hubs and having even more cables and AC ports used up.

also

Banned

AFAIK, only the Swiss get to choose between different language roms and that's probably due to them having multiple official languages. Elsewhere you only get the version that includes English if there's no version with your country's official language (or even if there is in the case of Golden Sun and Pokemon TCG for the Game Boy).

Why even set up a NNID on your old 3DS? No free to play games, demos or apps are exclusive to a single country. Enjoy your freedom!

BooJoh

I've only played the first Metroid Prime on GCN, I know a lot of people praised the controls in MP3 and I haven't experienced them so I have no basis for comparison, but does the trilogy give an option for CC at all or are the new controls forced?

maxcriden

I've only played the first Metroid Prime on GCN, I know a lot of people praised the controls in MP3 and I haven't experienced them so I have no basis for comparison, but does the trilogy give an option for CC at all or are the new controls forced?

Wiimote with Nunchuk only, but they work terrifically.

maxcriden

Not sure if serious, but oh well, I really dug that controller.

I'm mostly serious. I think it's an interesting controller but like the N64 controller I'm not a big fan, I don't find it terribly comfortable and I think the buttons are oddly laid out.

The wink was just because I know it's very much a minority opinion.

Even in 480p and on my HD TV, Punch-Out!! looks fantastic. I can't say the same for all Wii games, unfortunately. I wonder if we'll have to wait five months for Donkey Kong Country Returns. =(

Chrom

Would it be possible to guesstimate how much space Metroid Prime Trilogy will take up on Wii U if we compare the file sizes between the original ISOs and the digital versions of the Wii games released thus far? Just curious.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do the ranking in the NES Championship mode reset after a while? I gave it a quick spin and am somehow #54. Is its just for today?

terrisus

Anything to get away from the terrible GCN controller, though.

;)

I'm mostly serious. I think it's an interesting controller but like the N64 controller I'm not a big fan, I don't find it terribly comfortable and I think the buttons are oddly laid out.

The wink was just because I know it's very much a minority opinion.

Fun bit of info: The D-pad was added practically at the last minute. They weren't going to have it there at all until fairly late in the development process, and there are prototypes/show pictures out there with the controller without the D-pad.

I also recall at the time people being upset that none of the face buttons were pressure-sensitive (like the L and R buttons are).

Given how much Smash Bros. fans love the GCN controller for its "classic, traditional" setup and buttons, it's interesting to think how things would have gone had Nintendo gone with either of those design decisions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, I'm surprised at how far I got in Punch-Out as a teen. I'm at Soda Popinski on Title Defense, and there's only 2 opponents after him. Plus I had some of those special challenges done. Glad I finally get to come back to this.

terrisus

WOW, I'm surprised at how far I got in Punch-Out as a teen. I'm at Soda Popinski on Title Defense, and there's only 2 opponents after him. Plus I had some of those special challenges done. Glad I finally get to come back to this.

I read this and thought you were talking about the original or SNES Punch-Out!...

Then I remembered the Wii version of it was released today.
I was
when that came out >.>

JCho133

Why can't the Super Metroid on Club Nintendo be the Wii U version? It annoys me that they keep offering original Wii virtual console titles when the same game is also on Wii U VC.

Agh. Whatever. Roll on MP Trilogy next week!

foltzie1

Why can't the Super Metroid on Club Nintendo be the Wii U version? It annoys me that they keep offering original Wii virtual console titles when the same game is also on Wii U VC.

Agh. Whatever. Roll on MP Trilogy next week!

Spite. Alas, but a soon as you unlock it in Wii Mode you can upgrade for 1.50.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Would it be possible to guesstimate how much space Metroid Prime Trilogy will take up on Wii U if we compare the file sizes between the original ISOs and the digital versions of the Wii games released thus far? Just curious.

Yes. Galaxy 2 is the same as the scrubbed ISO, 1.3GB.

Pisses me off so much that Punch Out doesn't have CC support, I would've loved to play it on the Gamepad. Bummer. Same for DKCR Returns, especially since you can activate CC controls with a Gecko/Gameshark/AR/Ocarina code.

Chrom

Yes. Galaxy 2 is the same as the scrubbed ISO, 1.3GB.

Pisses me off so much that Punch Out doesn't have CC support, I would've loved to play it on the Gamepad. Bummer. Same for DKCR Returns, especially since you can activate CC controls with a Gecko/Gameshark/AR/Ocarina code.

Thanks for letting me know, I think this is handy information. In that case, after researching that Metroid Prime Trilogy's ISO is apparently 7.85GB, I figure that the digital version should take about as much on my Wii U's memory. Not a problem for me since I've got plenty of space, but I know I'll be dreading the download time.

And I can sympathize with your disappointment that Punch-Out Wii doesn't support the Wii U GamePad due it it not originally supporting the Classic Controller. I played through the NES and SNES Punch-Out games comfortably on my Wii U GamePad through the Wii U Virtual Console and I kind of missed using it for the Wii game. I just beat the game this afternoon with the Wii Remote style of control and thought it was a satisfactory alternative, at least.

Top Bottom