• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2016

Phoenixus

I'm guessing you're in a PAL region? I remember it went on insane sale around an E3... I think 2014? in NA.

Yup. The game goes on sale on PSN here like twice a year, but not eshop. Bloody annoying. :/

Edit: Bugger, top of page. Contributing...
Hoping for MK64 on downloads this week! MK8 is great but me and my brother still enjoy the 64 classic! It inevitably being the US version helps too. :p

Bowlie

Banned
Hi, guys.

I'm planning to buy one of these: Persona Q or Steamworld Heist.

Could anyone tell me a lil' bit about them?

steveovig

I'm looking into getting MegaMan Battle Network 5, and I was wondering what was the best version to get? I'm leaning towards the Proto Man version, simply because I like him so much!

tolkir

European PR

NintenDaan said:
Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix) - €39.99 (available to pre-purchase on January 14, out on January 28)
Join an elite group of heroes and set a course for the world’s greatest source of power, the Grand Crystal. Prepare to venture into exotic and unexplored regions in search of pieces of the Grand Crystal and battle against the ferocious monsters that protect them! Band together with friends and take on the realm’s mightiest monsters in FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS on Nintendo 3DS family systems. With full online and local co-operative multiplayer, work together to save the world in this massive RPG adventure.

Bonus for purchasing on Nintendo eShop until 28/01/2016: Download Code for the for the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme "FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Legendary Characters" included with every pre-purchase from Nintendo eShop.

Theme description: Theme with pixel art characters from the ""FF"" series with the theme “Prelude” as background music.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight Demo (NIS America) - Free

Experience a brand new story with a fixed party, voiced dialogue, and animated cutscenes in the new and incredible world of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight. Or, revisit the original Etrian Odyssey 2 with updated graphics and a full roster of classes. Whichever path you choose, there will be exciting dungeons and frightening enemies!

Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward: Peach's Yukata (Nintendo, add-on content) - Free
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward: Rosalina's Yukata (Nintendo, add-on content) - Free

Become the star of the entire fashion business in Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 -Fashion Forward, only for Nintendo 3DS family systems! Run your own fashion boutique or let your creativity loose in new roles as a Hair Stylist, Make-Up Artist, Model and Designer! In this demo, players can try their hand at making their customers happy using a selection of items from four varied in-game brands, and visit the hair salon and beautician’s for a taste of the full game’s countless hair and make-up combinations.

Extent your wardrobe with these two yukata inspired by Nintendo characters Peach and Rosalina. They are free to download in Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward by choosing “Add-on Items” from the main menu, then “Select Add-on Items”.

Animal Crossing: Winter Frolics (Nintendo, theme available January 15) - €1.99
A theme featuring the snowpeople, who only appear in Winter. Scroll the Touch Screen to see Isabelle and pals rolling snowballs.

Special offers
Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €4.99)
Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99 (Ends February 11, normally €4.50)
TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99 (Ends February 11, normally €3.99)
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99 (Ends February 11, normally €6.66)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar (CAPCOM, GBA VC) - €6.99
In the final chapter of the Mega Man Battle Network saga, Lan and Mega Man.EXE must face Falzar, an ancient creature embodying the form of a ferocious bird that has been unleashed on the internet. Mega Man Battle Network 6 introduces many new gameplay elements like Beast Out – absorb Falzar’s powers to create fantastic abilities – and the Cross System – defeat Link Navis and gain special skills. Plus, if you combine the two you can become even more powerful, but use this power wisely!

Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (CAPCOM, GBA VC) - €6.99

In the final chapter of the Mega Man Battle Network saga, Lan and Mega Man.EXE must face Gregar, an ancient creature embodying the form of a vicious wolf that has been unleashed on the Internet. Mega Man Battle Network 6 introduces many new gameplay elements like the Beast Out System – absorb Gregar’s powers to create fantastic abilities – and the Cross Change System – defeat Link Navis and gain special skills. Plus, if you combine the two you can become even more powerful, but use this power wisely!

Special offers

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games) - €4.99 (Ends January 21, normally €6.99)
Cubemen 2 (Nnooo) - €3.99 (Ends January 28, normally €7.99)
Family Tennis SP (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.74 (Ends February 4, normally €4.99)
FullBlast (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99 (Ends February 11, normally €5.99)
Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €4.99)
Puddle (Neko Entertainment) - €2.99 (Ends January 28, normally €6.99)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95 (Ends February 11, normally €7.99)
Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99 (Ends February 11, normally €6.99)
Runbow (13AM Games) - €10.49 (Ends January 30, normally €13.99)
Spot The Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €5.00)
Tetrobot & Co. (Neko Entertainment) - €4.99 (Ends January 28, normally €9.99)
Unepic (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.99 (Ends February 11, normally €9.99)
Wooden Sen'SeY (Neko Entertainment) - €3.99 (Ends January 28, normally €9.99)

maxcriden

Kung Fu Rabbit for two British monetary pieces is a great deal. Wooden Sen'SeY as well, though the final level is impossibly hard.

TheMoon

Is someone from the UK able to tell me how much is Bayonetta 1 in the eShop?

Thanks in advance

it depends on whether or not you own Bayonetta 2 digitally since both combined will end up being full-price of a regular game.

Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo, €49.99 / £39.99, or €29.99 / £24.99 if Bayonetta is downloaded on the same Wii U)
Bayonetta (Nintendo, €29.99 / £24.99, or €9.99 / £9.99 if Bayonetta 2 is downloaded on the same Wii U)

RiggyRob

Anyone who's tried recording gameplay/streaming from the Wii U with an Elgato HD60, how did you go about setting it up?

Planning on doing a Let's Play of Xenoblade X and recorded an hour or so yesterday, but after watching it back I noticed we were getting feedback from the TV's audio, which was pretty annoying - I'm really hoping I don't have to buy a shitload of extra cables just to cancel it out.

Phoenixus

2nd week in a row where the only game I'm interested in is a demo. :p Let's see if Nintendo make it a hat-trick.

Not channeling Team Top Hat, I'm actually glad to be saving some money. :p

TheMoon

2nd week in a row where the only game I'm interested in is a demo. :p Let's see if Nintendo make it a hat-trick.

Not channeling Team Top Hat, I'm actually glad to be saving some money. :p

Spoilers but next week the PxZ2 demo comes out so there's a good chance that might happen ;D

Pokemaniac

For those curious, Minecraft has now reached #19 in the Wii U All-time Best Sellers chart in NA. #9 if you filter out VC and Wii eShop releases. This makes it the best-selling 3rd party game on the Wii U eShop.

TheMoon

Agh I completely forgot about FF1 3D. I wanted that so bad. God dammit S-E.

You know, localization would be too expensive for a game that has been released in all imaginable languages three dozen times already. ;)

Squeenix can't afford all dem crazy ass locs!

Experien

FFEX, is that going to be like a Monster Hunter-Lite but with story? I love Monster Hunter but it was dense and even more so when playing single player.

Umibozu

I look at final fantasy explorers as more of a phantasy star online like game than a monster hunter one.

I would even pay for ff1 3d for squareenix to bring it, but looking back at this gen on nintendo consoles it seems they won't put forth even the minimum effort to bring it over.

-shadow-

Just played both 1080 and Wave Race, both have that weird filter that darkens the image but not nearly as severely as NES games. Though I still don't know why even bother with it anyway.

The weird thing is that 1080 runs at full resolution (1080 high), while Wave Race has huge borders at the top and bottom. Did this game always have such huge borders? I'm only aware of the PAL version, but that one was just trash anyway...

Comparison:
Ingame: http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b9utx.jpg
Menu: http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fguyr.jpg

I played some 3DS eShop games this morning.

Pushmo is fun. I lost my save file where I was 3/4 through the game, so I'm just near 1/4 of the game now. It only looks decent with 3D ON. I tried it on my 2DS and it looked "flat."

Kokuga is a fun shoot em up with a tank where you aim, move, and shoot with buttons. It also looks good with 3D on.

I'm using my OG 3DS for digital downloads these days, although I was thinking of switching back to 2DS. But I think I would miss the 3D for games such as these.

n64coder

Stay away from the Free-To-Start stuff with Pokémon - the Badge Center and Steel Diver Sub Wars are the only free games that actually feel gamey. (Personal preference and all, but the Pokémon Games have these really horrible paywalls sooner or later, I felt they were simply frustrating.)

If you have other games that you can also play, I wouldn't avoid them. You just need to be patient and not have the mentality that you have to finish the game in a weekend. I have not put a dime into Pokemon Picross and am currently at Area 11. I do the daily challenge every day so after a week, I unlock another area. Yes, it will take me a year to fully unlock the game but I'm ok since I have a bunch of other games that I can play. It's sort of like spending 10 minutes on some StreetPass games every day.

I also recommend Nintendo Badge Arcade as a fun 5 minute diversion. The only drawback is that it takes a bit long to startup. Each day I do the training machine to get some free plays to try to get real badges.

I started up SteamWorld Heist earlier today and the game is legit. I know it really doesn't need the spotlight compare to other eshop games right now, but it's just too good not to mention. So very glad I bought this before the sale ended.

Yeah, I'm glad I got this. It took me a few plays before I got into it but it's a blast. It's taking me awhile to progress since I'm playing the harder difficulty.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is great but there's practically nothing to do without paying.

You probably can get away with paying $6-7 to unlock the best mini-games although I did spend around $16 to fully unlock the game. I got my money's worth out of it. Lots of fun and the humor is great. Definitely try out the free portion before you decide to spend any money on it.

it depends on whether or not you own Bayonetta 2 digitally since both combined will end up being full-price of a regular game.

Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo, €49.99 / £39.99, or €29.99 / £24.99 if Bayonetta is downloaded on the same Wii U)
Bayonetta (Nintendo, €29.99 / £24.99, or €9.99 / £9.99 if Bayonetta 2 is downloaded on the same Wii U)

Bayonetta 2 disc version is so cheap (£16) but the two together is around £45. I guess I can't buy the disc and get the discounted B1 from the eStore. It will either way work out to over £40 so I might as well buy them in disc form.

Out of curiosity any idea how much space they take up?
Google yielded no result.

TheMoon

Bayonetta 2 disc version is so cheap (£16) but the two together is around £45. I guess I can't buy the disc and get the discounted B1 from the eStore. It will either way work out to over £40 so I might as well buy them in disc form.

Out of curiosity any idea how much space they take up?
Google yielded no result.

You really need to step up your google game.

just google "bayonetta eshop file size" and the first result answers your question

googling bayonetta 2 ot brings you to the gaf OT which also lists the file size btw.

32gb

You really need to step up your google game.

just google "bayonetta eshop file size" and the first result answers your question

googling bayonetta 2 ot brings you to the gaf OT which also lists the file size btw.

32gb

Perhaps I do. haha. wow that's big.

PS - What is the point of the Gaming forum and the Community Forum. I don't get it. It never used to be like this years ago, did it?

The keyword I was missing was file size. I must have been writing disc size or some shit. This is a sign of an ageing brain.

TheMoon

Perhaps I do. haha. wow that's big.

PS - What is the point of the Gaming forum and the Community Forum. I don't get it. It never used to be like this years ago, did it?

The keyword I was missing was file size. I must have been writing disc size or some shit. This is a sign of an ageing brain.

32gig is for both together btw

Community is for general discussion of anything.

Gaming is for current, hot topic stuff. OTs get moved to community after a month, for example.

also

Banned
Just played both 1080 and Wave Race, both have that weird filter that darkens the image but not nearly as severely as NES games. Though I still don't know why even bother with it anyway.

The weird this is that 1080 runs at full resolution (1080 high), while Wave Race has huge borders at the top and bottom. Did this game always have such huge borders? I'm only aware of the PAL version, but that one was just trash anyway...

Comparison:
Ingame: http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b9utx.jpg
Menu: http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fguyr.jpg

I have no answers but maybe you will get a better response if you post in this thread:
Why is Nintendo incapable of emulating their own games properly?

PtM

Banned
Community is the dumpster for threads that overstayed their welcome and shouldn't clutter up the first page of the main forum any longer.

TheMoon

Finally.

Ironically, I just listened to the Metroid Retronauts episode from a few weeks ago (which they recorded last May!) where Jeremy confidently said "Zero Mission will come to NA's VC eventually" :D

Ondore

Not hearing good things about Space Hulk, and I'd rather have Pinball if we had to drop a Metroid game. Ah well, saves money for Paper Jam and next week's VC game.

Refyref

I'm 1-2$ on my debit card from being able to get Paper Jam.

Looks like I can only hope for CAD to drop even further. :p

Top Bottom