• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

rjc571

Banned
Is it more or less outlandish than cancelling a preorder for a game you like because it's in 2D? He obviously doesn't care enough about Citizens of Earth to give it a chance if it doesn't include a feature he likes. Isn't that almost exactly what you're doing with Theathrythm Dragon Quest, except that you actually like the game in the first place? I don't like it when 3DS games are not in 3D, it feels cheap, but calling other people outlandish for their decisions while you yourself are doing the same thing, except with a game you actually like, is a bit extreme.
Also, not everyone who quotes you is out for a fight. You can set your alarms off and drink less coffee. Someone replied to you showing sympathy and you called them an asshole. Think about that for a second.

I cancelled my DQ preorder because I feel that the lack of 3D hurts its value to the point where it no longer justifies its $50 asking price. This isn't the same thing as saying that it's "unplayable", which would imply that the game is completely worthless. I still enjoyed the demo and will probably buy the game if the price comes down. Citizens of Earth is a top-down RPG which would've looked cool in 3D, but it wouldn't have affected its playability one bit, which is why I was skeptical of Jo Shishido proclaiming it to be unplayable. I was wrong, I apologized, lets move on.

Camjo-Z

I cancelled my DQ preorder because I feel that the lack of 3D hurts its value to the point where it no longer justifies its $50 asking price... Citizens of Earth is a top-down RPG which would've looked cool in 3D, but it wouldn't have affected its playability one bit.

Not to keep an argument going, but... you dismiss his complaint about Citizens of Earth saying 3D doesn't affect playability, but how would 3D affect the playability of Theatrhythm: DQ when all of the action takes place on a 2D plane? If anything it would make the game more difficult because you wouldn't be able to enjoy the backgrounds while focusing on the notes in the foreground at the same time.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – Command a strike team of unexpected heroes – assembled by Abraham Lincoln himself – to defend Earth against an alien invasion. Harness the power of steam to scout, surprise and annihilate enemies in this star-spangled blend of turn-based strategy and action game play. Only you can outwit and outgun this otherworldly threat. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. will be available on March 13. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- 3D Out Run – 3D Out Run is the much-loved 1986 driving game designed by Yu Suzuki, remastered and enhanced for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Trine Enchanted Edition – Trine Enchanted Edition is the origin story of the three unlikely heroes of Trine: Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight and Zoya the Thief. Spellbound by the magical object Trine, the heroes must join forces to overcome obstacles and puzzles in an interactive physics-based world, battle the undead and their minions and restore balance to the kingdom. Buy Trine Enchanted Edition and receive 20 percent off of Trine 2: Director’s Cut (and vice versa) in the Trine Series Fan Discount. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U
- F-Zero – GP Legend – Get your adrenaline pumping and race plasma-powered machines against the galaxy’s most elite racers in the Game Boy Advance iteration of this classic racing series! Compete in the Grand Prix or Story modes, climb the standings and unlock additional modes and characters.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- To celebrate 25 years as an independent game developer, WayForward is discounting fan-favorite games such as Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and Mighty Switch Force 2 (for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) for up to 25 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 19.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- ZaciSa’s Last Stand is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
- Breezeblox is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 19.
- Arrow Time U is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 25.

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
- Shin Megami Tensei IV is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 16 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 23.
- Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and other games from ATLUS are on sale from 9 a.m. PT on March 16 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
- Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
- Luv Me Buddies Wonderland is 40 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $14.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
- Soccer Up 3D and Soccer Up Online from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 9.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
- NES: Balloon Fighter
- Pokémon: Mega Rayquaza
- Pokémon Friends
- Pokémon: Hanafuda

Price reduction:

- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is reduced to $29.99 (from $39.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on March 9.

Also new this week:

- Don’t Touch Anything Red (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Style Studio: Notebook (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- 50 PINCH BARRAGE!! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Monster Combine TD (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Music On: Electric Guitar (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Shanghai Mahjong (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

I'm surprised the EO:U price reduction to $30 came after it had been $15 in a sale. You would think they would do the $30 first then the $15 sale...

Real sad that the SEGA 3D sale isn't yet happening in North America.

Finally, North America getting themes within a few days of their Japanese debut? Like that never happens.

Great week. Lots of good games. Amazing sales; even a GAFer is in with the mix. Classic VC game. Glad to see the original Trine on the Wii U. Zero negativity can possibly be had.

That said; I'll have to wait until a reward / DDP replacement is announced :(

I hope Steam performs well.

I'll be downloading OutRun, F-Zero, and Trine today as well as Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. at midnight. Still waiting for Steel Diver though.

maxcriden

Do we have a price expectation for the AA sale(s)? Thanks!

Great week. Lots of good games. Amazing sales; even a GAFer is in with the mix. Classic VC game. Glad to see the original Trine on the Wii U. Zero negativity can possibly be had.

That said; I'll have to wait until a reward / DDP replacement is announced :(

I hope Steam performs well.

Oh hey Pixal! (are you the same guy I know from another forum?)

Planning to pick up S.T.E.A.M.?

Also, how is the original Trine?

Do we have a price expectation for the AA sale(s)? Thanks!

Oh hey Pixal! (are you the same guy I know from another forum?)

Planning to pick up S.T.E.A.M.?

Also, how is the original Trine?

Hi Max
I don't think we've met outside of me lurking and reading your wonderful posts in here :)

I plan to get almost all of the new releases that came out today, but not until a new reward program is released.

And the original Trine is wonderful. I recommend it for everyone. The characters are a little floaty, which may cause a bit of concern at the beginning, but it eventually feels just like home. I played both in PC and Trine 2 on Wii U.

Awesome! Anyone know the US price on the Phoenix Wright Trilogy?

Also are these live now?

Not until 9 PST, 10 MTN, 11 CST, Noon EST.

maxcriden

Hi Max
I don't think we've met outside of me lurking and reading your wonderful posts in here :)

I plan to get almost all of the new releases that came out today, but not until a new reward program is released.

And the original Trine is wonderful. I recommend it for everyone. The characters are a little floaty, which may cause a bit of concern at the beginning, but it eventually feels just like home. I played both in PC and Trine 2 on Wii U.

Hi, thank you for the kind words! I must've been thinking of someone else or I just have an eye out for cats. :)

Anyway, I haven't played either Trine game yet so it'll be good to try this one first.

BTW, totally understand wanting to wait for a new reward program. Plenty to play here so I'm planning to do the same with the exception of DKC3. We beat the second game (ridiculously fun and got pretty tough) and want to move onto 3 now. Not sure if the first feels exciting to check out since we couldn't get into it previously, but eventually I imagine we might. We'll definitely plan to go back and 100% DKC2, regardless, though.

wilflare

I preordered quite a few of the 3DS retail releases. but I should probably space out... wanted them for the various Day One bonuses (e.g. soundtracks, etc)

temptation to switch over to digital/eShop for 3DS is increasing

donny2112

I don't think that was really a mechanic in the SNES game, or at least you weren't really supposed to actively try to not go at max speed. It's probable that what you use is a side effect of the turning mechanic in every 2D F-Zero game, including the SNES one, where you have to tap the accelerator button on turns. Tap faster on tight corners, etc, depending on how much you want to drift or stick to the road.

It may have been a programming loophole on the original SNES, but it's definitely not the mechanic where you tap around corners. Even on straightaways, if you were going your vehicle's top speed, you had to "push" your car to get it to move in the lane, but if you were just below the top speed, it was very responsive. In MV, I was tapping all the time, and I hated it, especially on such a small system. If it was just a programming loophole, then I wish they'd bring it back!

Edit:
Trilogy sale! Will be picking that one up this time. Will wait on GP Legends, since still have a lot of games in the queue currently, but if it goes on sale later (e.g. a theme sale again), will probably pick it up then. :D

maxcriden

Swedish Newspaper Questions The European Release Of Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

Following the announcement that Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson is coming to the west, a columnist in the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has attacked the game for its objectification of women.

Journalist Kersin Alex - who reviews games for the newspaper - has stated that she has issues with developers making "entertainment" of objectification, "especially when there are no obvious elements of parody, satire or deeper message." She also said that Nintendo "has a responsibility" to prevent games of this type reaching market, and that everyone involved - developers, publishers, hardware makers and the gamers who buy the end product - is guilty of having a very "stale" view of women.

Marvelous Europe is launching the game in a variety of different SKUs, including a pack which features a mouse mat with large breasts to rest your wrist on, and a "Happy Boobs" edition.

Senran Kagura 2 will carry a 16+ age rating in Europe when it launches this summer. [UPDATE: We've since been informed by Marvelous that no age rating has been given yet, and that the packaging does not reflect the final rating the title will receive.]

Thought this was an interesting read. Well, summary. I don't speak Swedish. Not trying to ruffle any feathers posting this, just thought it was of interest.

Fantastic week. F-Zero GP Legend and OutRun are great games, Code Name STEAM looks very good, and there's some nice themes and sales.

Really sad to see the Sega 3D Classics sale isn't for the US as well. I was already counting my pennies for Galaxy Force =_= And what's up with the WayForward discount being "for up to 25 percent off" when it was supposed to be 75% off? It's probably a typo and they meant the price if going to be reduced to 25% of the original price.

rjc571

Banned
Not to keep an argument going, but... you dismiss his complaint about Citizens of Earth saying 3D doesn't affect playability, but how would 3D affect the playability of Theatrhythm: DQ when all of the action takes place on a 2D plane? If anything it would make the game more difficult because you wouldn't be able to enjoy the backgrounds while focusing on the notes in the foreground at the same time.

You're putting words in my mouth. I had previously decided that Theatrhythm DQ would be worth $56 (including shipping) based on the assumption that it would have a 3D effect similar to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, which I found to be quite enjoyable in 3D... after finding out it does not have a 3D effect I no longer feel it is worth the $56. It's that simple.

Even if 3D doesn't improve a game's playability, I still find games more enjoyable in 3D than 2D and am willing to pay more money for a game with well-implemented 3D. On the flip side, there are very few games which I would would refuse to play in 2D or classify as "unplayable" in 2D.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Swedish Newspaper Questions The European Release Of Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

Thought this was an interesting read. Well, summary. I don't speak Swedish. Not trying to ruffle any feathers posting this, just thought it was of interest.
Bit late considering Burst got a retail (& LE) release in EU, plus Shinovi Versus on Vita was released there as well (though digital only in UK, I think). Then Bon Appetite was released as well, though digital only in US & EU. Feels like they're complaining for the sake of complaining, seeing as this is the FOURTH game to get localized.

Buuuutttt I don't want to derail this thread when there's a SK2 localization thread & SK community.

Sucks to hear no sale on the Sega 3D Classics games, considering EU gets one. Would've gotten Galaxy Force 2 & maybe Space Harrier.

A neo-liberal wanting a company to censor somebody else's freedom of expression to adhere to their radical beliefs is not interesting. Unless you consider somebody noting that the sky being blue is interesting. You can read the same article a hundred times a day.

Did he say the same thing about Cho Aniki Zero? I would wager not! #AsteriskEquality

maxcriden

A neo-liberal wanting a company to censor somebody else's freedom of expression to adhere to their radical beliefs is not interesting. Unless you consider somebody noting that the sky being blue is interesting. You can read the same article a hundred times a day.

Did he say the same thing about Cho Aniki Zero? I would wager not! #AsteriskEquality

That's fair. Point taken. What is Cho Aniki Zero, BTW? I don't think I've heard of it.

maxcriden

What are the odds the Dual Destinies DLC goes on sale? 5%?

It's not specifically listed, so I'll say sure, 5%, just to keep hope alive for you :)

Its a long-running (in Japan) shoot 'me up series involving nearly naked muscle men. Zero got an English release on PSP.

Ah, I see. I think that rings a faint bell, maybe. I suppose I shouldn't necessarily Google it here at work; how did it sell in the West?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, the other sales are rather good. The Mighty Switch Force games & AA Trilogy and Dual Destinies are great games.

Ah, I see. I think that rings a faint bell, maybe. I suppose I shouldn't necessarily Google it here at work; how did it sell in the West?
Yeah, probably not a good idea to Google it at work.

I don't follow sales data; I know it was a digital-only PSP release in 2010, so probably not exceptional (possibly to expectations, at least).

Can we at least hope that Sega of America sales the first wave of 3D games before the second wave is over?

I would totally grab the rest of what I don't have (except for Altered Beast and Sonic, which are poop-tier).

Ondore

My feeling is they believe that most Wii U owners have a 3DS and hope that they'll pick up S.T.E.A.M. this week instead.

Seems like a pretty safe assumption to make, all things considered.

I'll second the disappointment over the lack of a Sega 3D Classics sale, since I was going to buy 5 of them if they did, but I can divert the funds to Codename STEAM. And hey, OutRun!

Chrom

What a great week! If no one beats me to it, I'll share what the Ace Attorney games sale prices are when they go live. I think it's pretty silly whenever they don't get mentioned in the PR.

I'll put my chips in the "Mighty Switch Force is awesome" pile, buy both at that price.

And wear headphones.

Also, I desperately want the Hooligan Sisters to have a spinoff game. Anybody from WayForward listening?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, $1.50 (or $2.50 for Hyper Drive Edition) for Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 are great prices.

Also, if you dig the soundtrack, you can support the artist (Jake Kaufman) by visiting his site. You can download OSTs for games like Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2, Double Dragon Neon, Shovel Knight, Shantae & The Pirate's Curse, & more. He lets you name your price, so you can download for free, or you can donate a little bit to help him out.

SerTapTap

I'll put my chips in the "Mighty Switch Force is awesome" pile, buy both at that price.

And wear headphones.

Also, I desperately want the Hooligan Sisters to have a spinoff game. Anybody from WayForward listening?

Absolutely, great soundtracks on all of them. And the extra hard levels in MSF HD have some chill remixes of the other tracks (to contrast all the frustration, death and resetting that's going to be happening.)

Camjo-Z

Hm, if that Pokemon Hanafuda theme is anywhere near as good as the regular Hanafuda theme I will HAVE to get it.

You're putting words in my mouth. I had previously decided that Theatrhythm DQ would be worth $56... after finding out it does not have a 3D effect I no longer feel it is worth the $56.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were taking price into account. My bad.

Orgen

What's the Mighty Switch Force HD size on Wii U? Planning on buying MSF HD on Wii U and MSF 2 on 3DS.

Thanks!

maxcriden

Sweet week, but no Sega sale? First Tembo the Badass Logo Poster now this?

Also Max you're juniored again?

I'm surprised they didn't go with "Perma-Junior" like the Real Abed has this time. Maybe there's eventual hope for me to return to Member Status (third membership's the charm!).

What did you do this time Max?

I haven't been told yet, but I presume it was an overabundance of silliness.

maxcriden

The Nintendo Gods...

Ooh. Ow!!

tumblr_mo8yp8VLaT1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Top Bottom