• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

terrisus

I asked in the N3DSXL thread, but maybe one of you can help me (so I can download more games!):

My 64GB card will be here sometime today. What do I need to do to a) format the card to work in my N3DSXL and b) get my data from my current 4GB card to the 64GB card?

Format:
Download EaseUS Partition Master
Put card in computer
Select card in Partition Master
Format as FAT32

Transfer:
Insert old card
Copy contents to computer
Insert new card
Transfer contents of old card from computer to new card

GulAtiCa

For the Format. If your using a Windows computer, you can easily just right click and select "Format". No need to download anything. At least I don't with my laptop.

terrisus

For the Format. If your using a Windows computer, you can easily just right click and select "Format". No need to download anything. At least I don't with my laptop.

I didn't recall it (Win. 8.1) giving me an option to format it as FAT32
I could be remembering wrong/have missed something though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Format:
Download EaseUS Partition Master
Put card in computer
Select card in Partition Master
Format as FAT32

Transfer:
Insert old card
Copy contents to computer
Insert new card
Transfer contents of old card from computer to new card

Niiiiiice - thank you. :)

E: If I just need to format FAT32, yeah...No need to DL a new software. I'm at work, and we have everything from XP -> 8.1 available on various computers. Someone will hook me up.

Robin64

Just want to add this is the same on Mac too, as it's what I used. So it seems either system has you covered.

terrisus

I have Windows 8.1 too. From "My Computer", right click on the SD card and select "Format". Always there for me.

Ah, I must have just missed it then.
I always seem to end up making things more complicated for myself >.>

Niiiiiice - thank you. :)

E: If I just need to format FAT32, yeah...No need to DL a new software. I'm at work, and we have everything from XP -> 8.1 available on various computers. Someone will hook me up.

Yeah, as long as it gets formatted as FAT32, that's all you need for that.

Orgen

Maybe this is not the place to ask this but I know some of you would help me, so here I come!

Does the Wii U VC releases give you survey/points for the European Club Nintendo? I thought that that was the case (I have just completed the survey for Zelda:ALTTP right now) but I don't see the Donkey Kong Country games that I bought last year :|

Do you know if these games give survey/points? Thanks in advance!

Ondore

Throw Octodad: Dadliest Catch on the pile as well. Due this summer.

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1003819

Edit: Ah, heck with it, @NintenDaan just dumped a giant list on Twitter:
B_ROXOxVAAAQXuI.png

Affordable Space Adventures April 9!

also

Banned
Maybe this is not the place to ask this but I know some of you would help me, so here I come!

Does the Wii U VC releases give you survey/points for the European Club Nintendo? I thought that that was the case (I have just completed the survey for Zelda:ALTTP right now) but I don't see the Donkey Kong Country games that I bought last year :|

VC games shouldn't give you any surveys. In fact some can't even be registered; the Donkey Kong Country games, Super Castlevania IV...

Are you sure you sure the survey wasn't actually for A Link Between Worlds.

maxcriden

Refyref

Going through that list, it seems Shantae: Risky's Revenge is coming to Wii U alongside the 3DS eShop (there were already talks about the 3DS version in this thread in the past, but the Wii U version is a new thing, I think), and Shutshimi for 3DS. (Choice's site from a few days ago only mentioned a Wii U version.)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Quite a big amount of brand new announcements today. Nice! Didn't expect some of those names! Maybe Wii U is seen as a good opportunity for more indie devs than what we thought, then?

Oh man never alone is coming. I wanted that day one , beyond pumped for that. Octodad is a great surprise too, very whimsical and I'm sure to love it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Formatted 64GB card to FAT32 w/32KB cluster, dropped the files from my 4GB card directly into it, put in N3DSXL, says not recognized. ?_?

Does the drive letter and drive name matter?

E: Got it. It was formatting to GPT vs Primary. Solved that and now I have ~56GB of free space!

Ladekabel

TheMoon

No they don't.

sörine

Banned
Curve really needs to start adding 3D to their 3DS ports. It bugs me almost as much as Wii U devs who don't add off-tv play.

sörine;154631488 said:
Curve really needs to start adding 3D to their 3DS ports. It bugs me almost as much as Wii U devs who don't add off-tv play.
I don't know what Curve has put out but this is my gripe with Circle.

@MUWANdo

Banned
sörine;154554028 said:
I don't think Wayforward owned Xtreme Sports either but that found a way. Maybe they bought back the rights?

The rights automatically reverted back to them after a while, I forget the specifics.

Ondore

I hope 3DS Shovel Knight gets a guest cameo like the Xbox/PlayStation versions are getting.

I wonder if those additions are a make good for the fact that the Nintendo consoles got nearly a year's exclusivity on it. I know Microsoft would at least want that much.

Socreges

Banned
This has probably been asked a million times before, but...

Shovel Knight. 3DS or WiiU?

The portability doesn't add much for me as I don't game much outside the house. I like the idea of the 3D graphics and I figure the fidelity might be better and more immersive on the tiny screen. That said, maybe it will look great on my big screen and play well with the classic pro...

TheMoon

The portability doesn't add much for me as I don't game much outside the house. I like the idea of the 3D graphics and I figure the fidelity might be better and more immersive on the tiny screen. That said, maybe it will look great on my big screen and play well with the classic pro...

Wii U.

I don't see how the tiny screen would make it more immersive like you say.

BooJoh

Doesn't 3DS have a streetpass battle mode or something?

The StreetPass is completely forgettable, but the 3D effect is top-notch. You can check some screens on 3DS Miiverse if you want to see it for yourself.

I actually like Shovel Knight's StreetPass function, there's just no reason to use it (reward wise).

And yes, the 3D is one of the system's best.

jholmes

Wii U Wii U Wii U. Some of the best use of Miiverse to date.

Anyone want some Mario Vs DK: Tipping Stars footage? I can capture a few stages if anyone is interested.

I suppose, more interested in impressions though.

NateDrake

Wii U Wii U Wii U. Some of the best use of Miiverse to date.

I suppose, more interested in impressions though.

Review embargo lifts in about 4hrs. It's a nice little game though. Level creation tool should keep the community active for a while.

TheMoon

Review embargo lifts in about 4hrs. It's a nice little game though. Level creation tool should keep the community active for a while.

Just saw a video from Nintendaan. Seems the levels are a teeny tiny bit different between 3DS and WiiU, probably mostly to account for the different aspect ratios that affect travel speed across the level so on 3DS levels are more vertically laid (longer ladders, extra platforms) out whereas on Wii U everything is horizontally focused (longer platforms). Found that interesting. Have you noticed any big deviations?

NateDrake

Just saw a video from Nintendaan. Seems the levels are a teeny tiny bit different between 3DS and WiiU, probably mostly to account for the different aspect ratios that affect travel speed across the level so on 3DS levels are more vertically laid (longer ladders, extra platforms) out whereas on Wii U everything is horizontally focused (longer platforms). Found that interesting. Have you noticed any big deviations?

Only differences I've noticed are the size and some minor layout differences. The core puzzles seem to be the same, but a platform may be slightly shorter & minor elements like that are different.

zigg

The 3D is really nice. I really dig the game on the 3DS. The 3DS vs. U question for me comes down to where I can play it most efficiently, and that's most definitely the 3DS. For you the answer to that question might be different.

zroid

Banned
I am just waiting for YCG to do a cross-buy deal for NA like they did in Europe and I will double dip for the 3DS version of Shovel Knight. Really like the 3D based on the screens I saw on Miiverse.

hell I might grab the playstation version too, since one purchase gets you the game on like every platform

jholmes

Sorry man, wasn't trying to get you to break embargo. Thought this might've just launched early elsewhere.

Glad to hear about level creation. Putting it on disc would make me far more likely to buy it though.

wilflare

does anyone actually collect guidebooks
lol. I'm thinking whether I should sell and declutter

heading towards a digital future :X

Top Bottom