• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

rjc571

Banned
Just picked up Gunman Clive 2 on the Japanese eShop (my US 3DS is offline due to homebrew). Speaking as someone who felt that the first Gunman Clive was way overhyped (albeit still a good game), I have to say that the sequel blew me away! From the beginning to the glorious final boss, every single level blew me away with its creative settings and design setpieces. It was quite a bit tougher than the original, taking me around an hour to complete my first run instead of barely 30 minutes like the first game. Outside of one or two sketchy segments, all of the difficulty in the game was completely fair as well. Definitely one of the best eShop games I've played in a while.

TheMoon

Yes.

And to think, people keep wanting Nintendo to drop that bottom touch screen. :\

Those are the people who don't actually play on their current system and know how cool they are (or can be if used properly). That restart button is amazing. You (= I) mess up a lot so the instant restart is a heaven sent.

Btw that also still works in Off-TV mode on Wii U. Tried it in bed this morning. :)

Really glad I bought OlliOlli. It's a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it can be pretty intense! I'm really enjoying it.

Is OlliOlli better to play on a handheld or on consoles? It also just released on Xbox One and I don't know whether to get it on 3DS or that.

TheMoon

Is OlliOlli better to play on a handheld or on consoles? It also just released on Xbox One and I don't know whether to get it on 3DS or that.

->

That restart button is amazing. You (= I) mess up a lot so the instant restart is a heaven sent.

Btw that also still works in Off-TV mode on Wii U. Tried it in bed this morning. :)

Unless your Xbone has that insta restart button somewhere, get it on 3DS.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
True Street Pass Doge

20150306_1615275ss4c.jpg

The worst thing about 1000 Miis in the plaza is Miis will start being demoted to met by invitation (losing all info about number of times tagged etc) starting with the oldest first. Except for special Miis, they get deleted completely. I'm still annoyed I lost LM2 Miyamoto and most of the E3 2013 bunch to that feature and I'm in Europe so Special Miis don't exactly grow on trees.

sörine

Banned
Zombie Incident's awesome, especially the music. Challenging too and totally addictive, a real steal at $1.99.

Doing a little research it seems it actually was an MSX game originally, it won at some game jam.

GulAtiCa

Currently playing an advanced copy of indie game Tiny Galaxy, this is really fun. (Wii U) Like the gravity platforming and charm of the looks/music. Here is a preview of the game if you haven't seen it before. Video

The advantages of having a Wii U dev kit ;)

jholmes

Currently playing an advanced copy of indie game Tiny Galaxy, this is really fun. (Wii U) Like the gravity platforming and charm of the looks/music. Here is a preview of the game if you haven't seen it before. Video

The advantages of having a Wii U dev kit ;)

Gameplay looks fun but oh man is that UI sparse. I hope it gets gussied up.

gerudoman

So, does the 3DS version of OlliOlli run fine? That's my main concern with the game right now (I don't own a WiiU) and I can't find any information or review of the 3DS version.

GulAtiCa

Gameplay looks fun but oh man is that UI sparse. I hope it gets gussied up.
Yeah. Game currently just goes back to world select screen once done with a level. I already gave him a few ideas.

Anyways, is really fun at least. Decent challenge to it. I'll post pictures later.

sörine;154994065 said:
I 100%ed Zombie Incident and it never crashed once on me. Everybody buy it! :)
I'm getting it once I beat Majora and the 101 Pieces of Heart.

But my 3DS has Red Light of Hate right now.

GulAtiCa

I took some of these pictures last night of the game in action. Tiny Galaxy.

Personally, I really like the look of it. Think it has a lot of charm.
(click to view bigger image)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What if Nintendoland Digital was the final Platinum gift? I would die save 200 bucks from buying a bundle with the code inside.

maxcriden

man I wish people sold those codes :/
trying to digitize my collection. argh

I'm kinda excited for the Platinum rewards - when people sell off their codes :X

Haha, same. I really wanna convert more of my games to digital.

I don't think there's any way to sell a Nintendo Land code at this point. I want to say it's pre-installed on consoles incl. refurbs.

GulAtiCa

That ZombiU bundle they made a long time ago has a Nintendo Land DL code for NA. Though good luck finding one at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That ZombiU bundle they made a long time ago has a Nintendo Land DL code for NA. Though good luck finding one at this point.

There's a much cheaper skylanders bundle with it too.

One of my friends actually bought the Zombi U bundle last December (AT FULL LAUNCH PRICE) just for the code. He sold off the Wii U/Zombi U but still paid quite the hefty price for what amounted to a digital copy of the game and a Wii U Pro Controller.

joedick

man I wish people sold those codes :/
trying to digitize my collection. argh

I'm kinda excited for the Platinum rewards - when people sell off their codes :X

I have to say, for all the conveniences of going digital, it's nice to see that you guys still experience some of the frustration we physical collectors go through sometimes.

We're not so different after all!

terrisus

I have to say, for all the conveniences of going digital, it's nice to see that you guys still experience some of the frustration we physical collectors go through sometimes.

We're not so different after all!

And it certainly puts to lie the whole "Digital distribution means that things are always in-stock!" mantra.

Top Bottom