• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is 65 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
  • OlliOlli, Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Island Flight Simulator and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
  • Blocky Bot and Paper Monsters Recut from Mobot Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Royal Royale ($2.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• OlliOlli and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • 3D Game Collection and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Parking Star 3D, Quell Reflect and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 28.
  • SmileBASIC is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
  • Rytmik Ultimate is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $17.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Runny Egg, Ninja Battle Heroes and more games from Tom Create are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Johnny’s Payday Panic is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (CAPCOM) - €5.24/£4.19 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Island Flight Simulator (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends March 31, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Nova-111 (Curve Digital) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • OlliOlli (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends March 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • Pumped BMX + (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends March 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends March 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • Ultratron (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends March 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • The Swapper (Curve Digital) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • The Swindle (Curve Digital) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) - €1.29/£0.94 (Ends April 7, normally €2.69/£1.89)
  • Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) - €3.19/£2.69 (Ends April 7, normally €6.49/£5.49)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• F-Zero (Nintendo | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19 or €3.99 | £3.59 if you downloaded Super Mario Kart)
  • Super Mario Kart (Nintendo | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19 or €3.99 | £3.59 if you downloaded F-Zero)
    PS_WiiUVC_FZero_search_thumb.png
    TM_WiiUVC_SuperMarioKart_search_thumb.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Petit Novel series: Harvest December (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• OlliOlli (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends March 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • 3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.59 (Ends March 31, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.59 (Ends March 31, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Escape from Zombie City (Tom Create) - €2.10/£1.90 (Ends March 31, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - €4.49/£4.04 (Ends March 31, normally €8.99/£8.09)
  • Ninja Battle Heroes (Tom Create) - €1.39/£1.25 (Ends March 31, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (CAPCOM) - €17.99/£14.99 (Ends March 31, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (CAPCOM) - €11.24/£8.99 (Ends March 31, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 24, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Rytmik Ultimate (Cinemax) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 31, normally €17.99/£15.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends March 31, normally €7.99/£5.99)

uxwGK.png

iOS (7.0 or superior), Android (4.1 or superior) | Nintendo Mobile Software

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Nintendo 3DS | My Nintendo Exclusive Software

• My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 10/01)
  • WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo | NDS | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 07/01)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

XceptioN

Neo Member
The 3D effect works considerably better on the New 3DS line.

Otherwise, this thread lists all of the games that are enhanced on N3DS

Regarding your account, you cannot have it on two systems. You would need to transfer everything to the new unit and create a new NNID on the old unit.

And that would transfer all of my digital games as well? I guess that's not the worst thing. I might just have to buy her Yellow again. Thanks for the link.

TheMoon

So has anyone bought SMK and F-Zero on N3DS VC yet?

Does SMK have download play support? I feel like I'm the only one who cares lol.

zroid

Banned
Mutant Mudds is $12.99 in Canada or $10.99 if you are eligible for the discount

I'm gonna buy it soon-ish, maybe this weekend

Played through the first six (out've 45 as I count) levels in Mutant Mudds and 29 deaths later I'm having a blast. You have to time shit perfectly. But its fun.

If you enjoyed the original (theres a demo for the original on 3DS!) then its basically a harder level pack of it. Which for $8.50/$10 is fine by me!

Simbabbad

Played through the first six (out've 45 as I count) levels in Mutant Mudds and 29 deaths later I'm having a blast. You have to time shit perfectly. But its fun.

If you enjoyed the original (theres a demo for the original on 3DS!) then its basically a harder level pack of it. Which for $8.50/$10 is fine by me!
I'm enjoying it too. The difficulty is OK thanks to checkpoints.

Also, Star Ghost has been updated, but I have no clue what the update does. The game is nice with solid gameplay, but way too expensive for what it is.

If anyone has a download code for the 3DS version of Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, let me know. It's cross-buy for 3DS and Wii U.

Otherwise, I'll probably get it later on when the new account/rewards system is in place. I might replay the original Mutant Mudds in the mean time.

donny2112

So has anyone bought SMK and F-Zero on N3DS VC yet?

Does SMK have download play support? I feel like I'm the only one who cares lol.

There was a "first 10-minute" video on Youtube, and the VC menu did not have a download play option. I guess they didn't want to input code to limit download play to n3DS consoles, so just dropped it altogether instead of dealing with the inevitable complaints from people trying to do download play on regular 3DSs.

I went to the eShop to check for updates on Mutant Mudds and found out that Mutant Mudds Deluxe is available on 3DS. I somehow missed it when it was released, although I got the first update that added the "Granny" levels. Anyway, the Deluxe update added 20 "Ghost" levels. Pretty cool.

Playing this feels fresh because I haven't played Mutant Mudds for several years. There are 80 total levels in the original game! Seems like quite a bit.

Anyway, when I'm done with this, I'll be sure to pick up Super Challenge. It seems to be reviewing pretty well.

PtM

Banned
Man, first HW Legends, now Pokken? Why has EU been getting the demos while the US hasn't?
Americans are the more passionate (Nintendo) gamers, overall, demos would only hold them back from buying the full version. Especially with Warriors 3DS, hehe.
Maybe later on.

TheMoon

There was a "first 10-minute" video on Youtube, and the VC menu did not have a download play option. I guess they didn't want to input code to limit download play to n3DS consoles, so just dropped it altogether instead of dealing with the inevitable complaints from people trying to do download play on regular 3DSs.

That makes no sense. SNES VC is not compatible with regular 3DSes and regular 3DS VC supports download play for a bunch of NES titles already which is why this is even a thing people are wondering about.

If anyone has a download code for the 3DS version of Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, let me know. It's cross-buy for 3DS and Wii U.

Otherwise, I'll probably get it later on when the new account/rewards system is in place. I might replay the original Mutant Mudds in the mean time.

There are no codes. Cross-buy is account-based. If you buy one version, the other one shows up as free.

BooJoh

That makes no sense. SNES VC is not compatible with regular 3DSes and regular 3DS VC supports download play for a bunch of NES titles already which is why this is even a thing people are wondering about.
I think what he's saying is that they'd have to add extra code so that when hosting you can't allow a non-new 3DS to connect to your system.

There are no codes. Cross-buy is account-based. If you buy one version, the other one shows up as free.
Super Challenge uses codes for cross-buy, at least in NA.

TheMoon

I think what he's saying is that they'd have to add extra code so that when hosting you can't allow a non-new 3DS to connect to your system.

Super Challenge uses codes for cross-buy, at least in NA.

re: download play - ah, now I get it! Still not sure it makes sense since implementing it in the first place requires work and adding an identifier for O3DS shouldn't be that much work, no?

re: MMSC - huh? okay then, not sure of RK did that on purpose for the "give one to your friend" people or either them or NOA is being weird again.

Europe-GAF: Now that Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 was released on Wii U....Are we finally able to Play those e-Reader Levels Or Not? Nintendo should Put that Info into the Description in the eshop or atleast somewhere on the Internet...Can Anybody help? :)

Pokemaniac

I'm not sure if that's actually an issue, though. I'd be kinda surprised if the player 2 system did anything beyond displaying video and capturing inputs.

tolkir

Europe-GAF: Now that Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 was released on Wii U....Are we finally able to Play those e-Reader Levels Or Not? Nintendo should Put that Info into the Description in the eshop or atleast somewhere on the Internet...Can Anybody help? :)

Yes, you can see people playing these levels on miiverse.

BooJoh

re: MMSC - huh? okay then, not sure of RK did that on purpose for the "give one to your friend" people or either them or NOA is being weird again.

Jools tweeted "In NA it should be a code on your receipt. In EU I think it is via linked NNID."

So honestly I don't know how much control he had over the process in each region. I know there have been at least a couple games in NA that used the NNID like Olliolli and Xeodrifter, but most seem to favor receipt codes here.

I remember Xeodrifter was going to be codes but he was pushing for people who bought the 3DS version before to be able to get the WiiU version and it ended up discounted by NNID, so maybe NOA pushes for codes but can be persuaded to go with NNID link. As with many things Nintendo, it's a mystery to most.

Camjo-Z

I doubt anyone cares about this game, but I've been playing Mario & Sonic Rio 3DS and it's actually pretty good. As usual, some events have clearly had much more time put into them than others, but there are a few standouts. Golf alone has made it worth the money for me. The soundtrack is also fantastic, probably the best in the series. The story mode is sort of like the one from Winter Games DS, but with an emphasis on customization and buying stuff rather than exploration. A huge step up from the previous handheld version all around.

And speaking of London 2012 3DS, it seems that game has been made completely worthless by this one. The story mode in this game has little training sessions you can do, which as far as I can tell are made up of recycled events from the previous game. So whereas in that one having the hockey event consist solely of passing the puck by moving the circle pad up and down was a huge letdown, here it makes perfect sense as a little mini-event before you get to the real meat of the game. I thought that was pretty clever.

edit: oh and apparently nabbit can speak now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Dream Events are the most interesting part. I remember in one of them, you could snowboard or ski on Radical Highway from Sonic Adventure 2.

Also the remixes done by Sega are a pleasure to listen to.

But yeah, I heard that Rio 2016 was surprisingly good, maybe if it gets discounted in the future, I'll look into it.

Camjo-Z

The Dream Events are the most interesting part. I remember in one of them, you could snowboard or ski on Radical Highway from Sonic Adventure 2.

This one does it halfway and has "Plus Events" where they add a special gimmick to the regular events (like having Rhythm Gymnastics turn into a Sonic 3 special stage when you get a chain going or adding Rainbow Road-esque shortcuts to Golf).

Camjo-Z

I haven't played it but I haven't noticed any remixed Mario/Sonic music from the preview videos, what's up with that?

The handheld games never get the awesome Mario/Sonic remixes, they're always for the console versions. It was understandable on DS but there's really no excuse for it anymore. The original compositions for this game are really good though, so I can live with it.

Rizzi

I bought the first Mutant Mudds. This game is so cool, I feel like someone should have told me about this before now. :<

gar3

Jools tweeted "In NA it should be a code on your receipt. In EU I think it is via linked NNID."
Well I bought the 3DS version this morning and there was no code on my receipt that I saw. Booted the Wii U thinking it would just show up as free on there as others have in the past but nope. Been a while now so I would think my account should have been updated to reflect the original 3DS purchase but nothing as of yet.

Is there anyway for me to check my receipt again?

EDIT
Never mind, found out how to view the receipt again on the eShop. There is indeed a code on the bottom of the receipt for the Wii U version. Me so stupid.

EDIT... again
And the eShop crashed twice back to the desktop trying to redeem the code on Wii U, lulz
Finally succeeded in having it go through but, sheesh!

Rizzi

I shouldn't be allowed to watch gameplay videos of games on consoles I don't own.
Stupid videos making me want to buy a Wii U again just to play Xenoblade Chronicles X..

maxcriden

So with some birthday money I'm hoping to purchase a good amount of Wii VC games in case the Wii Shop is headed offline in the next 6-12 months as I expect it may be. Before that happens, I'd like to purchase any Wii VC game that I might miss the chance to play otherwise, that either aren't on Wii U or 3DS or that will play better on Wii or 3DS (IMO, NES games for example). A couple questions, though. First, what's the maximum supported SD card I can safely purchase? Second, if I've already got an SD card in there, can I take the games off of it and put them on the new one?

TheMoon

So with some birthday money I'm hoping to purchase a good amount of Wii VC games in case the Wii Shop is headed offline in the next 6-12 months as I expect it may be. Before that happens, I'd like to purchase any Wii VC game that I might miss the chance to play otherwise, that either aren't on Wii U or 3DS or that will play better on Wii or 3DS (IMO, NES games for example). A couple questions, though. First, what's the maximum supported SD card I can safely purchase? Second, if I've already got an SD card in there, can I take the games off of it and put them on the new one?

A simple 2GB card should be more than enough for any amount of VC games you'd get. And just like on 3DS, you can switch out SD cards on Wii as you like and just copy/paste the contents over.

I bought the first Mutant Mudds. This game is so cool, I feel like someone should have told me about this before now. :<

I guess the new game brought it to your attention? I randomly found the first Mutant Mudds because there was a demo on the eShop back in 2012/2013. I found it pretty hard, especially timing jumps on those disappearing platforms, but I ended up buying it and playing through it 100%.

I just replayed it with the update that adds checkpoints and the ghost levels. The checkpoints really help with the difficulty of the game, making it quite a bit easier.

Anyway, I'll probably get Super Challenge on 3DS when My Nintendo is available in my region.

Pokemaniac

2GB?! Even if I bought like 100 games?!

The file size limit for any single piece of content on the Wii Shop Channel is 40 MB. Unless you're dealing with something like Rock Band DLC, where you're frequently buying things in bundles, it takes some serious effort to fill up an SD card on the Wii.

Figured I'd ask here before going to the bst thread:

Would anyone be willing to trade my Mutant Mudds Super Challenge code for WiiU for your $5 amazon gift card credit?

You save $3.50 and would be really helping me out...since my R button on 3DS XL is almost completely gone out and my main games are Smash 3DS and Monster Hnter 4. And I'll probably have to get a 2DS when I love the 3D. This feeling is the worse.

On that note if I'm forced into a 2DS (since I'm poor as fuck and dunno if I can do a extra $120 for New 3DS XL +Micro SD Card) is the 2DS a good system if I roughly play Smash 3DS? My current XL has just been destroyed. I really try to take care of my systems but my 3DS XL has the R button not working most of the time (I know about blowing it, and that worked sometimes but its gotten to the point where that doesn't work either.) my circle pad came straight off after 300 hours of Smash (now at 560 hours. Can still play it, the circle pad just isn't there.) and while trying to do everything to get the R button to work just today noticed that all around the R button is couple small cracks in the plastic.

So yeah need to upgrade soon. If I have to buy a 2DS then I hope it doesn't mess up like this. Just dunno since its a cheaper model. I could perhaps not buy nothing for a couple months to save up for a new XL but thats a couple months without MH4 and I guess I could map the x/y button to shield in Smash but eh...

But 3DS is my top system so this takes priority over new games. Bye Pokken.

PS: Sorry for going way off topic after the Mutant Mudds question. I do want someone to convince me that 2DS is sturdy enough to survive me because I just don't know if I can save for New 3DS...but feel as may aswell since I love 3D and its better for the two games I actually play the most. Tough choice.

I would buy your Mutant Mudds Super Challenge code, but I'm looking for it on 3DS...not Wii U. Sorry.

The 2DS is okay. It doesn't fold like the 3DS does. It doesn't feel much cheaper even though it costs less. The screens are the same size as the original 3DS, so they're a lot smaller than a 3DS XL. I used my 2DS a lot for almost 2 years. It's probably okay for Smash, the circle pad is pretty much the same anyway.

I also want to save up for a New 3DS XL, but it will take some time.

I would buy your Mutant Mudds Super Challenge code, but I'm looking for it on 3DS...not Wii U. Sorry.

The 2DS is okay. It doesn't fold like the 3DS does. It doesn't feel much cheaper even though it costs less. The screens are the same size as the original 3DS, so they're a lot smaller than a 3DS XL. I used my 2DS a lot for almost 2 years. It's probably okay for Smash, the circle pad is pretty much the same anyway.

I also want to save up for a New 3DS XL, but it will take some time.

Alright thanks for the impressions!

Main worry is buttons breaking again and how long a new 2DS or NXL would last,. I may be able to pull off a New 3DS this month but it would take selling some stuff at gamestop but its hard since I already sold the most valued stuff that I was willing to trade to GS in January just for a couple new games. Just gotta go through all my options.

BooJoh

Alright thanks for the impressions!

Main worry is buttons breaking again and how long a new 2DS or NXL would last,. I may be able to pull off a New 3DS this month but it would take selling some stuff at gamestop but its hard since I already sold the most valued stuff that I was willing to trade to GS in January just for a couple new games. Just gotta go through all my options.

Have you gotten a quote for repairs from Nintendo? It might be cheaper to get your existing system fixed than to buy a new one.

tolkir

I wanted SNES game too because I have never played. But I suppose they have to sell StarFox Zero with best Starfox representation possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if the SNES original will ever get re-released, but I know the Super FX chip has some emulation issues, & in all honesty, it runs soooo slow in comparison to SF64.
or maybe Star Fox 2 could finally happen like Earthbound Beginnings?!

Also hoping for some kind of GBA sale since this year is the 15th anniversary, & it actually released this week in Japan (June for US & EU).

Top Bottom