• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

sörine

Banned
Wait, it came out for the Wii U too? I thought it was a 3DS only game.

(I'm talking about Lost Valley)
He's talking about the SNES VC release.

Lost Valley isn't on Wii U but I recall Natsume saying they're considering doing HM on the platform now that they're making the games. Lost Valley HD?

I just want Soul Blazer VC. :(

My favorite of the trilogy by far. Something about the hit detection in this game felt really satisfying. Loved crab walking into baddies with my sword extended and whittling them away automatically. And the sword arc always seemed nice. I enjoyed Gaia and Terranigma, but there was a clunkiness to the physics that I noticed. Even though I have it as a channel on my CFW Wii (own cart but no snes lol) I would buy it in a heartbeat.

And I was wondering where the Nintendo DL thread went to. Hoping it stays lively in it's new community home.

MarkusRJR

What're the best digital Wii U games? Got a hard drive and don't know what's good. Currently own Costume Quest 2, Pokemon Rumble U, Shovel Knight, Ittle Dew, and NES Remix. I'm gonna add whatever's good to my wish list.

TheMoon

What're the best digital Wii U games? Got a hard drive and don't know what's good. Currently own Costume Quest 2, Pokemon Rumble U, Shovel Knight, Ittle Dew, and NES Remix. I'm gonna add whatever's good to my wish list.

Stealth Inc 2
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
Armillo
Steamworld Dig
Toki Tori 2+
NES Remix 2
Guacamelee! STCE
Lone Survivor
The Swapper
Bit.Trip presents Runner 2
Child of Light
Knytt Underground
UnEpic

... could probably list more

GulAtiCa

Stealth Inc 2
Armillo
Steamworld Dig
Toki Tori 2+
Toki Tori
EDGE
Bit.Trip presents Runner 2
Knytt Underground
PING 1.5+
Little Inferno
NES Remix (1&2)
Shovel Knight
1001 Spikes
Cloudberry Kingdom
Pushmo World

are among my favorites

From what I own, this is everything that I consider 'worth it'. Some stuff, like Wooden Sen'Sey, I would only really recommend picking up on sale.

1001 Spikes
99 Seconds
Abyss
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
Armillo
Art of Balance
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite
Bit Trip Runner 2
Child of Light
Cloudberry Kingdom
Cubemen 2
Edge
Frederic: Resurrection of Music
Guacamelee! STCE
Ittle Dew
Knytt Underground
Little Inferno
Lone Survivor: DC
Master Reboot
Mighty Switch Force HD
Mighty Switch Force 2
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Nano Assault Neo
NES Remix 1&2
Paper Monsters Recut
Ping 1.5+
Pushmo World
RUSH
Shovel Knight
Spin the Bottle: Bumpy's Party
Squids Odyssey
Stealth Inc. 2
Steamworld Dig
Stick it to the Man
Swords and Soldiers
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Teslagrad
The Fall
Toki Tori HD
Toki Tori 2+
Trine 2: DC
Unepic
Wood Sen'Sey
X Type+
ZaciSa's Last Stand

jmizzal

Get Stealth Inc 2, WiiU exclusive build for the WiiU, takes advantage of the gamepad and miiverse built in

MarkusRJR

Thanks for all the advice guys! Gonna go on Nibtendo life when I get home to check them out and add the ones that interest me onto my eShop wish list.

Random question: Someone mentioned Steamworld Dig, and I've been really interested in it bit I was wondering if it has a "screen size" setting? Even after manually changing the Wii U's screen size setting (just enough so no black bars show up) the UI on the eShop screen shots looks cut off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Free Sonic Boom themes coming to the eShop on the 11th, & a Wii U demo of the game coming Dec. 4th.

TheMoon

Thanks for all the advice guys! Gonna go on Nibtendo life when I get home to check them out and add the ones that interest me onto my eShop wish list.

Random question: Someone mentioned Steamworld Dig, and I've been really interested in it bit I was wondering if it has a "screen size" setting? Even after manually changing the Wii U's screen size setting (just enough so no black bars show up) the UI on the eShop screen shots looks cut off.

It doesn't have a "screen size" setting but it has a "HUD zoom/move" setting that lets you move the HUD around to best fit your screen.

maxcriden

Hello friends,

I just wanted to let you know of some upcoming giveaways:

The Swapper
Shovel Knight
Tengami
Alien on the Run
Tetrobot & Co.
Thomas Was Alone

Chrom

I don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed today that Fit Music and Luv Me Buddies Wonderland are on sale in the NA Wii U eShop. Just figured I'd share.

• Fit Music (O2 Games | $9.90 until 12/31, then $29.90)
  • Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games | $9.90 until 12/31, then $19.90)

BooJoh

With Ultimate NES Remix coming and the way it works as a gamevertisement, does this mean we can finally expect NES Dr. Mario on 3DS VC in NA soon? My mom loves Dr. Mario but I'm not buying her the inferior GB or DSiWare versions for her 3DS.

Chrom

With Ultimate NES Remix coming and the way it works as a gamevertisement, does this mean we can finally expect NES Dr. Mario on 3DS VC in NA soon? My mom loves Dr. Mario but I'm not buying her the inferior GB or DSiWare versions for her 3DS.

Honestly, I had that exact same thought too, as that's how it seemed like Nintendo was handling the Wii U Virtual Console releases with the original NES Remix and NES Remix 2. I would love to see the NES Dr. Mario on 3DS, I also feel it's pretty much the best version of Dr. Mario that the 3DS could play.

maxcriden

Is the DSiWare one so bad? I think my wife said she liked it.

Chrom

Is the DSiWare one so bad? I think my wife said she liked it.

Personally, I enjoy Dr. Mario Express too. It's pretty much a lite version of the WiiWare game, Dr. Mario Online Rx, sans things like Virus Buster, online play, and even local multiplayer. That last one is a really odd omission because even the Game Boy Dr. Mario had multiplayer (not that you could get that to work on 3DS, but still). A 3DS Virtual Console release of Dr. Mario for NES should actually be able to utilize the multiplayer mode since Nintendo has been able to get the emulator to get NES multiplayer working through Download Play, which is one pro for that. It'd also be nice to have a Dr. Mario on 3DS that isn't of the limited DSiWare variety nor is as unflattering as the Game Boy version. If I had the choice, I'd probably play the NES Dr. Mario more than the other two.

maxcriden

Personally, I enjoy Dr. Mario Express too. It's pretty much a lite version of the WiiWare game, Dr. Mario Online Rx, sans things like Virus Buster, online play, and even local multiplayer. That last one is a really odd omission because even the Game Boy Dr. Mario had multiplayer (not that you could get that to work on 3DS, but still). A 3DS Virtual Console release of Dr. Mario for NES should actually be able to utilize the multiplayer mode since Nintendo has been able to get the emulator to get NES multiplayer working through Download Play, which is one pro for that. It'd also be nice to have a Dr. Mario on 3DS that isn't of the limited DSiWare variety nor is as unflattering as the Game Boy version. If I had the choice, I'd probably play the NES Dr. Mario more than the other two.

Oh, neat. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that version if it comes to 3DS! :)

jmizzal

Runbow from 13AM Games (Wii U) – 2015
Chromophore: The Two Brothers Director’s Cut from Ackk Studios LLC (Wii U) – Winter
Citizens of Earth from ATLUS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS) – Winter
Nihilumbra from BeautiFun Games (Wii U) – Winter
The Swapper from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 6
Thomas Was Alone from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 25
Proun+ from Engine Software (Wii U) – Winter
Trine Enchanted Edition from Frozenbyte (Wii U) – Winter
Chariot from Frima Studio Inc. (Wii U) – Winter
A.N.N.E. from Gamesbymo (Wii U) – Winter
Gunman Clive 2 from Hörberg Productions (Wii U) – Winter
SteamWorld Heist from Image & Form (Wii U) – Spring 2015
Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games (Wii U) – Q1 2015
Gone Home from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
High Strangeness from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
forma.8 from MixedBag (Wii U) – Winter
A World of Keflings from NinjaBee (Wii U) – Nov. 13
Tengami from Nyamyam Ltd. (Wii U) – Nov. 13
Treasurenauts from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q1 2015
Xeodrifter from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q4
Swords & Soldiers II from Ronimo Games BV (Wii U) – Winter
Beatbuddy from THREAKS (Wii U) – Q1 2015
Sportsball from TOO DX (Wii U) – Nov. 6
6180 the moon from Turtle Cream (Wii U) – Winter
Rive from Two Tribes (Wii U) – 2015

PR email

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/241035-...-for-wii-u-trine-enchanted-edition-on-the-way

Seems to be some games we didnt know about coming to WiiU

Ondore

There's at least 2 games on that list as Wii U games I could've sworn were 3DS... Gunman Clive 2 and Steamworld Heist. Were they always Wii U ones?

Community, eh?

Japan is getting Game & Watch Gallery 3 soon (and for free with Smash and/or Pokémon something).

Europe already has it.

And well. That's that. Cry.

MarkusRJR

Ended up buying Costume Quest 2 since I loved the first one on 360. Big mistake. Seems to run anywhere from 15-25fps and has a new battle system that requires timing button presses to do damage/block. Couldn't get a handle on the controls after an hour and a half due to the new battle system being near unplayable with the poor frame rate. Can't even imagine fighting the later enemies with so much lag.

Not sure if the 360/PS3 versions are just as bad, but definitely get the game on a different platform if you can. Probably the most disappointing Wii U purchase I've made so far. Going to buy the Xbox One version when I see a sale, since the game would be fun if it were easily playable.

RiggyRob

It's probably been lost in the information dump of the Direct, but is there anything like release date/price etc. about Duck Hunt for Virtual Console?

Tizoc

So Sonic Boom 3DS demo is up on EU eShop? Gonna get it later today, been hearing mixed impressions but all in all it looks better than LW.

BooJoh

It's probably been lost in the information dump of the Direct, but is there anything like release date/price etc. about Duck Hunt for Virtual Console?

All it said was "Coming to Virtual Console" Hopefully it'll be the standard price of any NES game.

Since SSB Wii U has demos for games in it there's a chance they'll try to get it out before then, but who knows.

Robin64

Proper leaderboards make Ultimate NES Remix almost tempting.

zlCfzSn3zjEQnwSDWC

Almost...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants to trade a Shovel Knight EU 3DS key for a SK EU Wii U key, gimme a heads up via PM! :)

I have a couple of Wii U download questions, and sorry if something like this has been answered before.
I've got a few weeks of Nintendo Network Premium left. Up until now I've bought everything through the e-Shop.
1. I'm in the UK - If I buy a code from Game, will it qualify for NNP points?
Purchase downloadable software or add-on content, or redeem download codes for downloadable software or add-on content (download codes may be purchased at retail).
I read that from the usage guide as Yes, so just wanted to know that tallies with anyone elses experience.

2. Game are selling Bayonetta 2 Download codes for £32.99, so If I use that code I should qualify for Bayonetta @ £9.99
Bayonetta (Nintendo, €29.99 / £24.99, or €9.99 / £9.99 if Bayonetta 2 is downloaded on the same Wii U) – Available from the 24th of October.

Am I right in assuming it will earn points based on the current £39.99 price on the e-Shop.

BooJoh

I have a couple of Wii U download questions, and sorry if something like this has been answered before.
I've got a few weeks of Nintendo Network Premium left. Up until now I've bought everything through the e-Shop.
1. I'm in the UK - If I buy a code from Game, will it qualify for NNP points?

I read that from the usage guide as Yes, so just wanted to know that tallies with anyone elses experience.

2. Game are selling Bayonetta 2 Download codes for £32.99, so If I use that code I should qualify for Bayonetta @ £9.99

Am I right in assuming it will earn points based on the current £39.99 price on the e-Shop.

I'm in NA so I can't guarantee anything but I have gotten download codes from both Club Nintendo and developer contests on twitter and I got DDP points for them. The amount of points you get should be based on the eShop price at time of download.

Top Bottom