• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Are they though? I mean outside the enthusiast bubble that encompasses places like GAF? Also, NWC was a side event and not really the same as a press conference, amazing as it was
I know that NWC was a side event, but there was the general sentiment of those watching who said that it was superior to E3 conferences or how Nintendo won E3, so that's why I compared them. I also agree it was amazing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ppl thinking that Nintendo aren't going to drop bombs... lol

we gonna get star fox, new metroid, shenmue 1+2 HD and shenmue 3 wii u exclusive, new MK8 DLC, games no one has even heard of yet, mother 3, and more

nothing but megatons

BELIEVE
Nintendo NX, available tomorrow, free for all current Wii U Deluxe owners with same day drone shipping

-Horizon-

#SonyDominationNintendoHumilation

Wbm2PeK.gif

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo is going to dominate.

Y'all need to expand your dongs.

We are possibly getting a new Diddy Kong Racing!!!!

It triumphs all. My childhood was all about that game!

And a Star Fox reveal to boot. Nintendo good.

Ahnez

Just a note..

There is no upcoming SSB DLC character announced, as Lucas, Roy and Ryu were released yesterday.

So, its possible they will announce the next one tomorrow

kunonabi

As much shit as Nintendo gets about their lack of third party games didnt see anything that blew me away and said I need that on my Wii U. Closes thing would be unravel thats a nintendo like game but I am sure that couldn't run on Wii U.

The only game I saw yesterday and today that really interested me was Cuphead. For Honor could potentially scratch my Bushido Blade itch and Battlefront looks like Battlefront so I'll probably bite when it gets more prequel content. I've been sold on a PS4 thanks to the The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival and the sequel but I'm hoping they finally show something else of interest. Nintendo all by their lonesome is still dominating my time on console and I've been swimming in third party and first party 3DS stuff the rest of the time. Some release dates, one or two big announcements, some nice trailers and I'll be happy. I'm really excited to Star Fox so that will go a long way for me. Hopefully Capcom throws them bone after screwing them on the Resident Evil remasters.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I might be remembering incorrectly but did they say that they were thinking of making it episodic?

That's what Miyamoto implied in his interviews last year, though, it's anyone's guess.

I think it'll be episodic as retail at 59.99$ would not be able to support a dormant franchise such as Star Fox, but yeah, we'll see.

Gartooth

I hope Nintendo doesn't spend too much time on games we've seen a lot of, or those that have already released (or are close to releasing) in some regions.

Release dates and a short two minute trailer are probably enough for Xenoblade, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem If.

Predictions for the exciting stuff:

-- Animal Crossing Wii U (I think amiibo leaks give it away)
-- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
-- Star Fox Wii U
-- Retro's game (maybe Metroid?)
-- Diddy Kong Racing 2 : This is my dark horse, and I'm putting my faith in that rumor so hard.
-- Some 3DS / New 3DS software for the fall. (aside from Hyrule Warriors)
-- Captain Toad 3DS

Whenever if it was intentional or not, I think Mario's construction outfit is a cute reference to the days when he had a multitude of different occupations. (Factory worker, sportsperson, physician, baker, etc.)

Wrecking_Crew_gameplay.png

Not worried about tomorrow, apart from the faint possibility of Zelda being given the Twilight Princess treatment and held back to the NX, which would likely set it back to 2017 and leave the Wii U without a Zelda game to wholly call its own (whereas the GameCube already had Wind Waker). I'm not sure where the sudden surge of pessimism is coming from. They've already been pushing Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker hard before the main show, and I don't expect Xenoblade X to be that huge a presence in spite of its imminent release, so I doubt we're in for too much redundancy with what we already know apart from the two leaks (Hyrule Warriors 3DS and the new Amiibo).

Rubixcuba

Banned
Ideally the Digital Event is entirely new announcements. We've seen plenty of Xenoblade, Mario Maker and Wooly World, save them for the Treehouse.

NotLiquid

The pre-show prioritization of several games has me believe that games like Yoshi won't receive additional showings. Much of the last Digital Event focused on "developer story" type reveals with the occasional out-of-nowhere surprise trailers. Something like Smash's surprise DLC packs for the insanely major characters like Ryu could have been saved here but they weren't. Much of the stuff in the mini like Fire Emblem if were shown not long before as well, including even Hyrule Warrirors 3DS recently. Then again that got leaked.

I really do think we're getting brand new stuff here and that Nintendo is going in standing tall. Especially the sheer confidence of not relying on Zelda.

Star Fox is the most predictable one.
SMT x FE seems like a very likely shoe-in.
Super Mario Maker is guaranteed to get a mention due to the Amiibo and the new name.
Devil's Third also seems pretty likely since we didn't get a translated version of Valhalla's huge JP trailer.
Maybe, just maybe some Splatoon content news.
And whatever Blast Ball belongs to. I say "whatever it belongs to" because even midst the murmurs of Metroid iconography, if this were just an eShop minigame, it seems like this should have been revealed at the mini so I'm sure there's more to it.

The only seemingly hinted unknown announcement is Animal Crossing.
That and Nintendo have hinted at some new (unprecedented lol) partnerships taking place. Is this where they're going down?

Yoshi and Xenoblade kind of seem like they won't be on here.

KingBroly

Banned
Why do people keep forgetting about Next Level Games? They've been absent since Luigi's Mansion 2 and are now officially a 2nd party developer as of early last year. I think it's time they show up.

I'm expecting the worst Donkey Kong Country and Animal Crossing Wii U but also hoping beyond hope for Metroid Wii U, a Zelda tease along with a Wii U Mario sports game.

I'm content with disappointment though.

Zero²

I know I'd be asking a lot, but another Splatoon level new IP from EAD would be really fun.
I wonder what genre it would be though...

ppl thinking that Nintendo aren't going to drop bombs... lol

we gonna get star fox, new metroid, shenmue 1+2 HD and shenmue 3 wii u exclusive, new MK8 DLC, games no one has even heard of yet, mother 3, and more

nothing but megatons

BELIEVE

ITs not going to happen , Nintendo is just waiting for NX .

Effect

Does the Wii U browser just not work at all when it comes to viewing streams on twitch and youtube? Was hoping to use it for the digital event tomorrow and the conferences today but it's been a horrible experience today. Can't select quality on youtube. Twitch won't even load. Using youtube on my PC now and looks like I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Do I need to set my agent to something else other then Wii U?

Malus

By not giving a shit.

LOL

Exactly. Too many people stressing out about what Sony and Microsoft's doing. I'm happy everyone's having a good conference (I think, I actually haven't watched the others lol) Just hope Nintendo has some good stuff to show. Really curious about what direction Starfox will go in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Diddy Kong Racing 2, imo, is the closest equivalent to those games...

Bring on the Tin Star reboot!

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
But yeah Sony is killing it.

You have to decide dude, I have seen you saying "Nintento is killing it" at the NWC, then "Microsoft is killing it" at the Microsoft Conference and now this! YOU HAVE TO TAKE A SIDE, THAT'S THE PATH OF THE CONSOLE WARRIOR
PC is the true winner /s

Personally, I'll probably still enjoy NIntendo's stuff more. As awesome as Sony's conference has been, none of the highly anticipated stuff was all that highly anticipated by me personally

Top Bottom