• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauaus

Switch 250
Zelda 60
Mario 60
Pro controller 60
Case+screen protector? 30

Thats how ill roll, i think $460

A lot leds than i spent on ps4 launch

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
And people were fine with a 250 bucks Vita. Go figure

It was a huge sales failure so I'd hardly say people were fine with it. I mean yeah I'm sure some Sony fanboys were fine with it and are knocking Switch, but that's fanboys. Add to ignore and move on.

Astral Dog

Yeah Wii U was awful, especially the eShop and other channels.

They won't fuck it up that way but they already have by making it a Japanese presentation. Come one, when most of your market is non Japanese, why make a Japanese presentation will basically make the ears bleed for non Japanese speakers due to translation being required.
Doesn't matter that much when you are in a Global Market,the age of the internet* why would they have to hide away a japanese conference? They want to show the system is here,in Japan too.

*As long as the content is entertaining and the message clear

shingi70

Banned
Doesn't matter that much when you are in a Global Market,the age of the internet* why would they have to hide away a japanese conference? They want to show the system is here,in Japan too.

*As long as the content is entertaining and the message clear

sony and quite a few non English companies still do events primarily for the English market.

jonno394

With this being an encompassing conference I.wonder how they will do region specific game announcements and dates here.

On slide with the big three (JPN/USA/EU) dates/prices on, then tweets in the day from respective Nintendo accounts for places liek Australia etc

Do you guys think the basic model will include the joy con container? I don't recall if there was an official name for it, but essentially the piece of plastic that you can slot the two controllers into to form one pad?

Scrawnton

Ack I just realized this is the first time i'm in for a launch.

I feel so tingly.

It's a great thing. I remember being in line for GCN, DS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U.

GCN I spent 7 hours in line at a Walmart that my sister worked at. I was there during her whole shift. Wii came out when I was 18 and I had to spend 21 hours in line to get it at Walmart.

Do you guys think the basic model will include the joy con container? I don't recall if there was an official name for it, but essentially the piece of plastic that you can slot the two controllers into to form one pad?
The JoyCon Grip should be included in the base model.

Zedark

The Joy-con grip. They have featured in every display of the system, so I don't think they would exclude it (also, people would probably just buy the Pro controller instead anyway).

Zedark

There has been rumors of zelda botw release at launch? At least for west/Japan?

Literally make or break of me buying day 1 or not.

Multiple rumours have stated that Zelda will be at launch, but some sources have said that the situation in Europe is uncertain because of localisation issues, and that as a result Zelda might miss the Europe launch of the Switch (personally, I can hardly accept that Nintendo would allow something like this on their big launch day game).

The Grip has to be included. It's always shown in the marketing pictures and Nintendo is touting this as a home console on the go.

The Grip with the joy cons make it feel like a "traditional" home controller.

C1myhe4WQAE5ADy.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/KGPrestige/status/817881153101295616?lang=en

And this is where I'd put a Switch pre-order. IF I HAD ONE!!!

Josh7289

As far as I can tell, that Nikkei article isn't saying they've heard the price is 25,000 yen, but that analysts are just saying this would be a good price to launch it at.

I can read Japanese but not to a native level, so obviously I could be missing some nuance here. But can anyone with a native level of reading ability confirm this?

EDIT: Nevermind, the OP in this thread even says it's an assumption by Nikkei. I don't know, everyone, I would say their guess is as good as ours if they're not saying they've heard this price from their own sources.

LordKano

As far as I can tell, that Nikkei article isn't saying they've heard the price is 25,000 yen, but that analysts are just saying this would be a good price to launch it at.

I can read Japanese but not to a native level, so obviously I could be missing some nuance here. But can anyone with a native level of reading ability confirm this?

EDIT: Nevermind, the OP in this thread even says it's an assumption by Nikkei. I don't know, everyone, I would say their guess is as good as ours if they're not saying they've heard this price from their own sources.

Quite a few sources (retailers and insiders) are claiming a 250$ price, so it's still highly likely right now.

I'm not seeing it. I'm more inclined to believe Nintendo is getting this out of the way to check the box on their "must have IP" to do list to take their time and really innovate on their next Mario Kart and Smash games. Like, Nintendo Kart in 4 years or something.

You may be right about that. But a Smash kart would be different than a Mario kart. I believe this is the only Mario Kart we are getting this Gen.

Mmm
If my memory serves me well Vita sold like shit even in japan
First years on the market at that price was. ..embarassing

Yup. But Vita didn't have blockbusters for launchperiod. The 3DS didn't do too well either without big games. I think it wasn't only the price.

That said Switch isn't only a handheld and i hope people will accept a little higher price for the "TV" feature.

Really hoping i can nail one of these down this Friday. Everyone here im sure knows how hard it will be to get one for a while.

Really looking forward to this launch.

antonz

Quite a few sources (retailers and insiders) are claiming a 250$ price, so it's still highly likely right now.

At this point its almost guaranteed elements within retail have gotten the official launch details which is why so many are suddenly saying 250 etc.

Definitely. And Pilotwings 64 was good too.

I think Mario Switch + Zelda + Splatoon would be better. I'm not sure it'll happen, but holy cow.
The more I think about it I don't think that's a good strategy.

BotW will sell out Switches. 3D Mario should come a month or two later.

Oregano

Sony isn't selling 23 million PS4s in Japan alone, though. Japan is crucial to Nintendo's success.

I think it makes sense for Nintendo to lean on their Japanese heritage right now. People talk about Nintendo needed to capture third party support and Japan is the place that's a real possibility.

Sony doesn't care about Japan. Vita is dying and individual software sales on PS4 aren't strong enough. There's going to be a bunch of developers scrambling to remain relevant.

The more I think about it I don't think that's a good strategy.

BotW will sell out Switches. 3D Mario should come a month or two later.

I'm inclined to agree, as much as I'd love it at launch. Mario a few weeks later would be great for momentum. What's gonna' suck is if they hold it for the holidays.

I'm inclined to agree, as much as I'd love it at launch. Mario a few weeks later would be great for momentum. What's gonna' suck is if they hold it for the holidays.
Yeah.

I'd rather be selfish and have Mario come at launch since it's my favorite series lol. Ugh I hope it doesn't come at the holidays. I'm going to trust Kimishima when he said he wanted to have software ready not only at launch, but readily as time goes on.

We'll see in 4 days!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe Kimishima wasn't lying when he said the reason they delayed the Switch's release from end of 2016 to March 2017 because they wanted more games ready.

Trago

Maybe Kimishima wasn't lying when he said the reason they delayed the Switch's release from end of 2016 to March 2017 because they wanted more games ready.

A steady flow of quality releases will ensure that the Switch will do better than the Wii U. Zelda off the bat is great, but they need to have some short term software that we can look forward to after launch. I'm ready though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom