• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
Nothing on the box or anything but each pro controller does have its own internal serial number
Edit maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's just the Joycon. I know the Joycon serial numbers are listed under serial information in settings.

Do you think it would matter if they got swapped for a return? My friend bought two of them and they both have a wonky dpad but the problem is one was bought on amazon and the other at walmart and they got mixed up. The receipt doesn't show a serial number so I am assuming it won't cause an issue if they don't really track these.

Spelunker demo is up on Japanese eShop.

XQWLzzwl.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Need to know how import friendly Spelunker is. I know there's no English option but it's there much to read?

It removes all the f2p elements i believe.

First time playing this game, not sure how it looks on PSN. Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/RgQmx2K.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Oh this is a different game (in the series). I thought it was Spelunker HD.
So it seems to be a Japan only PS4 version that was F2P? Hadn't heard of this release.

Vena

Little dust under the screen protector is my bane. I am taking the switch into the cleanroom tomorrow, removing the protector and removing the dust from the sticky side, and then putting it back on!

Linkhero1

I just fixed the Joy-Con wobble that I've been experiencing on both sides. Just take the Joy-Cons off and apply 1-3 small squares of electric tape (less than 1x1cm) to the bottom of the rails of your tablet, and damn this thing feels rock solid now! I've had some annoying wobbling when in handheld mode, that I first thought was normal, but seems like this is an easy fix that makes the experience much better.

This is the second fix I applied to my Switch, the other one being scratch prevention on my dock by taping the insides with electric tape. I don't even mind having to do all this DIY stuff, it's kinda satisfying, haha.

Reminds me of my n3DS I got a few months, had this annoying plastic creaking in the back, so I had to remove the backplate and tape around the battery.

tl;dr: electric tape is the GOAT
Have the same wobble issue on the left side.Gonna try this out. Thanks!

Jazzem

XQWLzzwl.jpg

Been playing this, really liking it! Is funny as I know Spelunker is a classic series in Japan despite the original being notoriously frustrating, this one is reasonably challenging without going too far. Surprisingly nice visuals too, some really impressive lighting in places.

As a side note, it's odd how demos are now showing up in user profile play records, both this and Just Dance (eheh) have appeared there despite the Puyo Tetris and Snipperclips trials never doing so.

KaneU

Anyone else's Switch takes a long time to connect to WiFi? It sometimes takes 5-10 minutes for mine and my router is on the same shelf as the console...

Hey guys. New Switch owner, so sorry if these have been asked a hundred times.

Are there any recommended carrying cases that will hold games and a charging cable, etc? There are like a thousand on Amazon.

Also, are there any drawbacks to going all digital? I prefer having everything accessible on my account on PC and Xbox, but I don't know how Nintendo handles this stuff (transferring across hardware, cloud saves, etc?). And if I were to get Zelda digitally (currently physical) would my save be useable?

Thanks fellas.

linkboy

Hey guys. New Switch owner, so sorry if these have been asked a hundred times.

Are there any recommended carrying cases that will hold games and a charging cable, etc? There are like a thousand on Amazon.

Also, are there any drawbacks to going all digital? I prefer having everything accessible on my account on PC and Xbox, but I don't know how Nintendo handles this stuff (transferring across hardware, cloud saves, etc?). And if I were to get Zelda digitally (currently physical) would my save be useable?

Thanks fellas.

Here's a good case

This one as well

As for digital purchases, they're not tied to the system anymore, so you can transfer them between systems (if your Switch were to break or you sell it and buy a new one later). However, save data is currently locked to the console. As for save data between physical and digital, I believe the save data is able to be read by both versions of the game.

Futureman

About 10 days since I got my Switch and just last night I started having Left Joy Con issues for the first time. I'm going to be away this weekend so I'm thinking of sending it in to Nintendo.

Does Nintendo send a prepaid label for shipping and the turn around is pretty fast?

essenn

Mr. Shifty releases April 13th.

These indies releasing back to back. I'm most excited for Pocket Rumble and NBA Playgrounds.

LordKano

Yeah I wasn't too sure what thread to post it in or whether to start a new thread! Intrigued by it, but will wait on initial impressions before buying.

I'd say it's worth a new thread. It made a good impression when it was shown. I can't make it now though, I gotta go.

Mr. Shifty looks kind of neat, but I am pretty interested in that NBA title. It came from nowhere, hadn't heared it before.

Does it work with a single joycon? So 2-player games are possible right out of the box?

About 10 days since I got my Switch and just last night I started having Left Joy Con issues for the first time. I'm going to be away this weekend so I'm thinking of sending it in to Nintendo.

Does Nintendo send a prepaid label for shipping and the turn around is pretty fast?

Yes, and the turnaround time was extremely fast. Last week, I sent mine in on Wednesday and got it back on Monday.

Lizardus

Well shit, just looked up NBA Playgrounds and it looks like an NBA Street kind of game. Getting it on launch now, I put hours into NBA Street Vol. 2 on Gamecube.

Zee-Row

Banned
i can't log into my Nintendo account ever since I changed my password for it. Every time I go into the log in page I keep getting access denied.

Omerta

You'd be better off getting the one with a USB-C port. USB A to C cables will charge it really slowly.

I fly all the time for work and I use a portable charger with a USB-C to USB A cable and it keeps the switch at 100% while playing zelda.

I've never had a problem...

dgco86

For some reason, when my Switch is connected to the dock via the USB-C extension cable, my wired ethernet adaptor is not detected, even when I go into Internet Settings and manually select wired network. The wired connection is detected automatically if I dock the Switch normally however.

I've tested this with 2 different wired ethernet adaptors (1 for the Wii and a 3rd party Gigabit adaptor) and 2 different extension cables and both exhibit the same issue. The ethernet adaptors work perfectly fine when the Switch is docked.

Anyone else facing this issue?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I fly all the time for work and I use a portable charger with a USB-C to USB A cable and it keeps the switch at 100% while playing zelda.

I've never had a problem...

Yeah, the Switch doesn't take full advantage (or any advantage?) of the power delivery stuff on USB C. Been a while since I read that thread, but I think it doesn't pull more than around 2a regardless so as long as you're plugged into something that can put 2a through a USB A to C cable you're good to go in terms of charging while playing.

Only thing to be careful of with A to C cables is to make sure you get a compliant one as bad cables can botch the power negotiation and fry things. Seems to be less of an issue with C to C cables (maybe even a non-issue).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

XQWLzzwl.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll give it a try tonight.

Been playing this, really liking it! Is funny as I know Spelunker is a classic series in Japan despite the original being notoriously frustrating, this one is reasonably challenging without going too far. Surprisingly nice visuals too, some really impressive lighting in places.

Is the game as brutal with jump heights as the original? Like, do you die from falling down more than a few pixels? That's easily the most frustrating thing in the NES game. They even kill you midair!

jts

...hate me...
So today I was randomly browsing a store, and stumbled up an elongated wallet at €10, which seemed bang on the Nintendo Switch's dimensions. Not having the Switch on me, I pull up my phone and check the dimensions and yep, seems like a great fit.

I take it home, try it out and voilá! New makeshift case. Goodbye Samsung netbook sleeve.

FX-GMC

Yeah, the Switch doesn't take full advantage (or any advantage?) of the power delivery stuff on USB C. Been a while since I read that thread, but I think it doesn't pull more than around 2a regardless so as long as you're plugged into something that can put 2a through a USB A to C cable you're good to go in terms of charging while playing.

Only thing to be careful of with A to C cables is to make sure you get a compliant one as bad cables can botch the power negotiation and fry things. Seems to be less of an issue with C to C cables (maybe even a non-issue).

USB-PD/C devices will provide 15v/1.5a to the Switch. Anything non-PD will provide 5v/1.5a

patientx

Japanese Spelunky? (first time playing this game on any platform) demo is really good and gives a lot of content -compared to Just Dance demo which I also downloaded which gives just one song and a bad one at that- I found? a hat but it doesn't appear at the gear selection menu. Is it because of this being a demo or do I have to do another thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom