• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

Do NOT get the Insignia case. It's straight garbage. Way too big. Your Switch slides all around on there. What were they thinking?!

yOyODLR.jpg

What about the official case?

Anyone else having issues with a single Joy-Con not charging even when plugged into the system and hooked up to power? I left it charging this morning and my right Joy-Con has low battery but the left charged just fine?

whyman

Now that some more people have the Switch, ill ask again, how do I turn it off? It just lets me put it in sleep mode.

Help!

Woo! Was able to walk into my local electronics store and pick up a Switch+Zelda. Small group of people were waiting outside for the store to open which is unusual in this small town. Very mixed ages and guys/girls too so not just the typical gamer.
Can't wait to get this thing set up!
I'd love to see that here. Instead the line I'm in is 95% male nerds wearing black hoodies, staring at phone screens.

Anyways, grats.

mstevens

I'm really blown away, at least for a first impression. The screen is nice, the UI is really snappy, the pro controller is amazing, setup was easy. I like the joycons as much as I thought I would.

Gahhh I should have taken tomorrow off work!

Unison

The joycons seem so tiny that it's awkward and I have Trump-like hands...

Also, I keep reaching for a non-existent stylus.

Tetraeon

My god, should I do it? Probably a bit irresponsible considering I don't have a ton of cash right now but the Switch is just so tempting... I'm currently staring at an Amazon order page with the Switch and Zelda just hovering over the place order button. Help GAF!!

RSP

Just got lucky doing a walk-in at the local Mediamarkt.

I might have snagged someone else's pre-order, but I was just able to grab one and go to the register.

My god, should I do it? Probably a bit irresponsible considering I don't have a ton of cash right now but the Switch is just so tempting... I'm currently staring at an Amazon order page with the Switch and Zelda just hovering over the place order button. Help GAF!!

Have debt/outstanding bills? Do the responsible thing.

Extra cash... go for it.

Monumma

Has anyone tried to put a microSD with some screengrabs on a PC? Are the images encrypted?

I'm sitting here waiting for godot and I am wondering if I can avoid making a new twitter account just to upload those dank zelda memes.

CoLaN

When i first used the console, tv out with the dock worked well.

I updated it (im not sure if its because of this) and now tv out doesnt work, and the console wont charge through the dock but only connected to the power cord directly.

Also, the green light on the dock doesnt light up, and the console doesnt go dark while sitting in the dock. :\ Should i format the console? Im not even sure its an hardware issue.

Other than that, the console works fine in portable mode.

aett

I really don't know if I'll ever use this while connected to a TV. Not having a headphone jack on anything but the console itself - not even the Pro controller - is ridiculous.

Good thing it looks so, so nice in portable mode.

Meciu

Okay, after the Zelda review thread and the general praise I pulled the trigger and bought one myself. Sadly it won't be delivered till monday but who cares. My first Nintendo concole since N64 and the only other I bought besides all the PlayStations, PSP and a PSV.

Gregtis

This may have been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know of a way to set my Nintendo Account Mii to be my user profile icon on the Switch?

Kaze Kyou

I can't seem to pull out the stand for tabletop mode. Well, that and I'm scared of braking this thing, so I haven't used my full strength on it hahaha.

So glad I Day 1'ed it. Worth every cent.

dottme

Do NOT get the Insignia case. It's straight garbage. Way too big. Your Switch slides all around on there. What were they thinking?!

yOyODLR.jpg

I have there one with Zelda special edition and it looks much better. Also, there is just one big strap in the middle which is probably better fort he Joy-Con.

Aiii

So not worth it
Playing Shovel Knight, the joy-con d-pad is working just fine, hasn't bothered me for a second yet.

tzare

despite not really liking the hardware, the pricing, the issues that seem to be popping and my zero interest in zelda and nintendo ips, reading this thread makes me want to buy one :)

Really like it so far but does anyone else have trouble with the joycon straps? They're impossible to take off and if you accidentally put them on the wrong way...good luck

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, our midnight launch was great. But I had a thought and I hope Nintendo jumps on this because I think its a big misstep.

Instead of 1, 2 Switch, they should have Switch Sports. The Switch included EVERYTHING you need to play Wii Sports (Switch Sports) in the box. You could play damn near every good Wii Sports game on the machine with two players out of the box. How in the WORLD did they not see this? I mean, Switch Bowling on the go? 3 point contest? Two player tennis? Golf? Etc. WTF were they thinking?

I would have easily paid $50 for Switch Sports than 1, 2, Switch.

What a big miss. I hope they have plans for something like this. This would have been big.

Can't connect to my network. Every connection in the neighborhood is showing up, except for mine. I recall having a similar issue with 3DS. Any ideas as to what may be preventing my network from showing up?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Anyone have been able to try a wireless headset on switch and see if it works?

leng jai

I'm guessing the black side rails are going to get scratched up over time with all the Joy Con switching. Mine already has some paint chipped off out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom