• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmitt

Can't connect to my network. Every connection in the neighborhood is showing up, except for mine. I recall having a similar issue with 3DS. Any ideas as to what may be preventing my network from showing up?
I remember something similar with the 3DS, I think changing the encryption worked? not completely sure if it didn't show up or just couldn't connect

just got mine, waaay smaller than I expected.
can't wait to try out zelda when the update is done

Coda

Just played it for an hour; just started Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Fast RMX. Love the UI and SFX, feels very modern yet still Nintendo. A beautifully designed console/handheld indeed.

Best Buy made me and others wait over 2 hours outside in the cold even though we had pre-orders but at least it's finally mine.

CRc8mgz.png

Got the Pro Controller from Japan coming in the mail on Monday hopefully.

ekim

Reposting because I need to know.

Is Kuwait a selectable country?

On the console you can only select regions: Europe, Japan, Australia and North/South America and languages.

You can select Kuwait when registering a new Nintendo Account though.

Santar

Ok but I cant turn it off in TV mode with controller? Thats strange...

So you can't transfer and or backup saves, like y ou could on a 3DS. And you can't turn off the console from the controller, like you could on the Wii U. What are they doing over there at Nintendo?

So, our midnight launch was great. But I had a thought and I hope Nintendo jumps on this because I think its a big misstep.

Instead of 1, 2 Switch, they should have Switch Sports. The Switch included EVERYTHING you need to play Wii Sports (Switch Sports) in the box. You could play damn near every good Wii Sports game on the machine with two players out of the box. How in the WORLD did they not see this? I mean, Switch Bowling on the go? 3 point contest? Two player tennis? Golf? Etc. WTF were they thinking?

I would have easily paid $50 for Switch Sports than 1, 2, Switch.

What a big miss. I hope they have plans for something like this. This would have been big.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make one eventually but at this point they want to do everything possible to distance the Switch as far away from the Wii/Wii U branding as they can. Until the UI leaks we didn't even know if it'd use Miis, we were just assuming based off Nintendo's mobile titles.

Also as others have said, Wii Sports "defined" the Wii through it's whole lifetime even though we got way different, deeper, more imaginative titles on it. Nintendo very likely doesn't want to pigeonhole perception of the Switch as a Switch Sports/1, 2, Switch machine.

Moppeh

Banned
I was planning on downloading Zelda but that takes up most of the memory, right?

I don't have a spare sd card lying around, so should I buy a physical copy instead?

Brhoom

Banned
On the console you can only select regions: Europe, Japan, Australia and North/South America and languages.

You can select Kuwait when registering a new Nintendo Account though.

That's confusing...

Maybe a Pal Switch would have Asia and Middle East?

Thanks for answering

Vibed

Anyone else's A button not register unless you press down hard enough? A lot of times I'm pressing until it clicks, but it requires a little bit more force...

Any chance I can contact Nintendo for a right red joycon replacement?

Looks like I got another issue...

It was funny to see lots of geeky people with Switch boxes in their hands in the store I went to.

I have a feeling this will be a very different story from the Wii tablet controller.

Caayn

Whoo, I got mine. The see through design of the Pro controller is really nice. Does anyone know if you can alter the screenshot quality? The default quality is pretty low.

wp_20170303_11_08_36_jysu8.jpg

I'm happy that I took today off. The Switch is smaller than I expected.

McNum

Got mine!

And I had a left Joy-con disconnect on me, but... it ran out of power. Turns out only the right Joy-con was charged in my box. So the console is sitting in its dock, charging up the Joy-cons. Any idea how long that takes?

It feels nice, though. Good weight, nice screen. Just waiting for the Joy-con to charge so it can be Zelda time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Waiting for DHL to deliver it and reading through this thread and seeing so many different issues popping up makes me scared.

Whoo, I got mine. The see through design of the Pro controller is really nice. Does anyone know if you can alter the screenshot quality? The default quality is pretty low.

Wow that looks amazing.

I'm just going to have Zelda running on my tv all day as a backdrop now.

The colours look really great in this pic. I'm hyped to receive mine.

So I took a day off today for the switch.
I just had to bring my kids to school, so I was absent from 8:15 et 8:45.

I left a note on my door telling when I would be back and left my phone number.

And of course, the delivery took place at 8:19, the status is now "delivered" but there is nothing.

I am PISSED right now. The delivery company seems to be TNT (France) for Amazon.

I am really angry.

sneas78

Banned
F this .. amazon is now saying it won't deliver the switch until Saturday.. at the last minute it changed from march 3rd to march 4th. Uhhhhh

This, just now, is the image that made me realise just how small the Switch is. So excited.

Picked up a switch as an impulse purchase when i went to pick up my wii u botw. I wasn't going to get one and now that I did and played around with it, it really solidified my opinion. Just really unimpressed with this piece of hardware so it's going back to the store tomorrow.

Enjoying botw on the wii u though.

IrishNinja

so!

got my neon system setup, no games yet so i bought Scepter Knight and 3 bosses down, digging this a little more than shovel knight so far.

when i get up later today i'm hoping my master edition of Zelda will be here from amazon, gonna use some gamestop money to grab bomberman R later too i think. with that & a $10 copy of Blaster Master remake next week, it's a pretty solid lineup for classic gaming!

joycons feel great...only knock i have on the system so far is that i'm bummed we can't just add each other by usernames, unless i'm missing something?

Gamezone

Gold Member
I see people are breaking their system by accidently attatching the wrong wrist strap to the wrong side. Major design flaw?

Took this from Boogie2988:

C5-8-KDVAAEgXEB.jpg

bigol

And people were worried because it looked hazy and washed out in videos. That's beautiful.

Got mine!

And I had a left Joy-con disconnect on me, but... it ran out of power. Turns out only the right Joy-con was charged in my box. So the console is sitting in its dock, charging up the Joy-cons. Any idea how long that takes?

It feels nice, though. Good weight, nice screen. Just waiting for the Joy-con to charge so it can be Zelda time.

They say 3 hrs 10 for the console 3 hrs 30 for the joy cons to be fully charged.

But, it will charge when connected to the Switch anyway :)

Joqu

Quite upset about Nintendo's eShop language nonsense to be honest, but I can't be the only one this'll be an issue for so I'll just hope it gets sorted out later on. I'll try to contact customer service about this later but I'm sure they're busy with other issues on Switch launch day.

Luckily the OS is very snappy, so switching languages isn't too much of a pain when I have to. But this definitely isn't ideal.

I got to play around with my Joy-cons today before going to pick up the console. I had to walk right past the Pro controllers on my way in and fought with myself over wether or not to get it until it was too late. Probably for the best. I know I needed an extra Joycon set for local MP. But I just couldn't justify the cost of the Pro controller. Hell I could barely justify the extra Joycon/grip even with Visa Checkout. hopefully we see a good deal on them soon. It's hard to justify these peripheral prices :/

Setting up was a breeze. I'm nervous as hell about scratching the screen up and my tempered glass protector won't arrive until Monday.

Other than the Joy-cons feeling a little bit too shallow and chiclet like, it feels surprisingly good. Playing on the TV is going to be an issue though during the day. Without the ability to use a wireless headset I have to use the TV sound and that can bother people.

Wireless is really weak. Hopefully we get a firmware update for that.

So I pre-ordered back in January and decided to go through with the purchase. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the GameCube and was nervous about taking the plunge.

I'm happy to say the Switch may be the best console I've owned. It's a fantastic piece of hardware, I haven't noticed any defects and Zelda is as good as has been reported.

Really pleased with my purchase.

Do we know what its battery life is like yet?

Supposed to be 40 hours per charge, Wii U's was 80.

Holy shit the switch is small. I just got an Xbox One S yesterday and was amazed how small that was compared to my PS4Pro. I think I made too much space for the Switch.

Caayn

WiiU case for comparison.

wp_20170303_11_31_02_diup2.jpg

And people were worried because it looked hazy and washed out in videos. That's beautiful.
It looks great. No problem with washed out colours or anything, just be sure to use the correct display settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom