• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
I didn't realize the interior of the dock was all hard plastic, I'm curious if the screen will get scratched over time.

It scares me to shit since I'm still waiting for my screen protector, ha!

I put it in the dock very slowly and carefully! Screen seems solid though, but I'm taking any chances!

SeanR1221

Can I set this thing up at Starbucks? I'll be doing remote work all day and would love to have Zelda downloaded and ready for when I finish.

FeD.nL

Device feels great. Not getting a pro controller until they have one with a headphone jack. But I must say the joy con holder feels pretty good.

Got Zelda, Snipperclips and Fast so I'm set for the forseeabele future.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was way too tired last night after everything was completed. Ran around aimlessly in Zelda just exploring. I will say that I'm glad I bought the Pro Controller. Felt so much better playing Zelda with that.

Standing in front of Target to snag a BoTW LE. Apparently they have six or seven an there's about six people in front of me that care enough to buy that.

Wasn't going to splurge initially but $60 + $20 case is $80 so might as well.

So I picked up a neon switch at Target this morning(didn't preorder). On my way out one of my coworkers yelled my name. He was towards the back of the line, asked me what color I have? Offered me $100.00 to trade the neon for the grey. Needed the neon for his son'a birthday. I said cool, let's do it.

I'm going to Best Buy to pick up my preordered system and to see if they'll have the Zelda special edition in stock...do you think I have a chance?

I want that CD...
I went to Target a couple hours after opening to get the pro controller, and they had at least one of the Zelda special editions in stock (which looks bigger than the box for the Switch itself!). I think it's in the realm of possibility that it could be the same story at Best Buy.

So Uhm.... The straps for the joy cons I suppose they should not both have the + sign on them because in my box.... they did

Edit: wow im tired... turn them around -_-

SHarris78

To confirm for others (like me) who weren't sure - the Switch docked charges whilst in sleep mode (I also had my pro controller plugged in and that charges too).

saskuatch

I can't play breath of the wild at all. It shows the temperature in farenheit and there is no way to change it, I can't play it without that bothering the fuck out of me.

Glass

Does the text on the UI and menus seem a little low res when docked for others? Using on a 1080 monitor so figured it would look crisp enough. Maybe a setting I need to tweak somewhere.

ColdPizza

Banned
So I picked up a neon switch at Target this morning(didn't preorder). On my way out one of my coworkers yelled my name. He was towards the back of the line, asked me what color I have? Offered me $100.00 to trade the neon for the grey. Needed the neon for his son'a birthday. I said cool, let's do it.

Why didn't he save himself $30 and just buy the neon grips for $70? My target had a few available.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Ok, found my first issue with the Switch.

Apparently it outputs a signal occasionally while in sleep mode.

The problem with this is that my 2016 Samsung TV (KS8000-something) switches channels to that HDMI port whenever it does this due to some auto-detect HDMI thingy. Which you can't turn off, from what I understand.

foxbeldin

Gameblog says the Switch won't charge with a 5V power bank or with a phone charger.

They say you need 15V and above 2.0A.

Someone can confirm this?

SRTtoZ

My neon straps arrived.

kWnIrtT.jpg

Spoiler: The color match is AWFUL. and red strap seems longer than the joy con?

Wow I'm glad I cancelled my red straps wtf the color doesn't match. It actually seems to look better with the default gray straps.

ktroopa

Both joycons working perfectly, ive tried and tried but simply cant get the left or right to lose synch or go wonky by placing them behind my back and hands covering like in the Gamexplain video, it works perfect. Maybe their joy cons were duff or that guy was too heavy with water or something :p

Picked up my Switch this morning. With the sudden drop in temperature, I didn't feel like waiting outside in -25 degree Celsius weather. If my EB Games had in extra Switch stock, it was sold during the midnight opening. Same with Pro controllers. Still plenty of Switches on preorder, with the grey controller pile being much bigger. Not sure if most of the Neon systems were picked up at midnight or if the ratio was in favor of the grey system.

The store I went to had only 5 copies of Bomberman shipped to them, with the last one being grabbed as I was in line. Picked up my system and Zelda, along with some Amiibo. I would also have Binding of Issac if it wasn't delayed.

Currently updating now. It says 147 minutes remaining, but it started out at 283 minutes and dropped to 200 during the time it took me to use the washroom. I doubt it will be that long.

I am really surprised at how small the system is. Considering how much power it is packing and the fact the battery takes up half the space, I am really impressed. No controller impressions yet since I haven't done much with the system yet, but the joycons are quite compact as well.

I apologize since I'm sure this is asked elsewhere / is easy enough once you have the system, but since I still have to wait 4-6 hours for my system, I figured I would ask.

I assume you can move your Wii U games and everything to the Switch (but not 3DS stuff, I assume?)

Is there anything you can't move from the Wii U to the Switch?

Anything else I should be aware of with regards to moving from the Wii U to the Switch?

Why didn't he save himself $30 and just buy the neon grips for $70? My target had a few available.
I have no idea. He even got his son the special edition Zelda. I was telling him a 7 year old doesn't need the special edition. Just the regular version. He said that's his little boy.

First things first. The neon Switch is beautiful, far better looking than i ever dreamed it would be, the pro controller is delightful (about 30mins into Zelda now) and i'm impressed and just how well put together the console is.

Having a little play around it does seem very basic but i'm sure this will change in time

The Lamp

The joy con controller was okay, but the analog sticks and buttons are tiny. Still feels like a DS-type of handheld. So I wanted a real controller with large buttons for my giant hands, so I got the pro controller and I like it better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom