• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

Is this enough breathing room? I pull it out to dock the system. It's about the only place I can think to have it...
kt7CTKd.jpg

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Walked into target, picked up one with no pre-order. They still have a number of them left around 9am this morning.

Said the earliest was somebody at 4am lining up.

Excited to play Zelda!

Ryan_09

I'm sitting at home with mine, and kinda bored. One game, Zelda. Once I play it, I'll have to wait for other games to come out. :(

Do you like racing games? Did you play Fast Neo on Wii U? If Yes/No, absolutely get Fast RMX. $20 is a steal.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
It can be turned off on the Switch's end. In TV Output under settings, called "Match TV state" or something along those line (I don't remember exactly). E.g. if the Switch is on the TV will turn on, if the TV turns off, the Switch will turn off.

Ah, thanks, will try that out!

3 and an half hours last night in the cold netted me this.

IggDUVo.jpg

They only had 1 of the Zelda one with the sword and 4 of the one with the case. As 3rd in line. So good!

Ryan_09

The kickstand sounds pretty underwhelming by all accounts I've read :(

As someone who will primarily be playing in handheld and tabletop modes, the kickstand is adequate. Nothing special but does the job. And imo, it's not quite as flimsy as I've heard in reviews. Just keep it on a flat, level surface and you'll be fine. :)

MrNelson

Banned
I apologize since I'm sure this is asked elsewhere / is easy enough once you have the system, but since I still have to wait 4-6 hours for my system, I figured I would ask.

I assume you can move your Wii U games and everything to the Switch (but not 3DS stuff, I assume?)

Is there anything you can't move from the Wii U to the Switch?

Anything else I should be aware of with regards to moving from the Wii U to the Switch?
giphy.gif

What in God's name gave you the idea that the Switch had backwards compatibility?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Fuck yes! I got a neon and Zelda! Pro controllers sold out before I got to the front. There were lots of Grey units left.

kizmah

Sweden here. Picked up my Switch, pro controller and Zelda this morning. But no time to play now. Off to Denmark for a fun weekend with friends. Nice to know a new console and a new Zelda is waiting for me sunday evening.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
more first impressions....so second impressions?

It is quite warm to the touch even just playing something simple like Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The screen is lovely.

I hope its just the game, but the rumble in PuyoPuyoTetris is horrible. Its like fingers on a chalkboard across the entire back of the switch. Just feels horrible and sounds horrible. Are there any good games/demos that have decent rumble?

pdog128

My Wii U copy of Zelda was delayed by Amazon, so I went to my local Walmart to see if they had any copies.

Just as I walked up an associate was loading no less than 5 (!) Switches into the display case. She said they had forgotten to put them out last night and was just now getting around to it. She said she'd already had loads of calls about them, and was joking she could just stand there and sell them out of the cart.

I was planning on waiting til Super Mario Odyssey, but I was weak. Still haven't really decided if I'm keeping it, since all I'm really interested in now is Zelda and the Wii U version looks to be almost identical.

Decisions decisions.

Couleurs

Sorry if it's already been mentioned in the thread, but has anything come out yet about the read/write speeds needed for micro SD cards? Looking to buy one this weekend but I don't want to spend more than necessary for a faster card, if the Switch doesn't take advantage of it.

Lucifon

That doesn't look like an optimal solution unless you're rarely taking the tablet out of the docking station.

I'm rarely taking it out to be fair. That tv stand is literally on the floor. Same thickness as above but below then floor, so it pulls out quite nicely :)

_Clash_

My Wii U copy of Zelda was delayed by Amazon, so I went to my local Walmart to see if they had any copies.

Just as I walked up an associate was loading no less than 5 (!) Switches into the display case. She said they had forgotten to put them out last night and was just now getting around to it. She said she'd already had loads of calls about them, and was joking she could just stand there and sell them out of the cart.

I was planning on waiting til Super Mario Odyssey, but I was weak. Still haven't really decided if I'm keeping it, since all I'm really interested in now is Zelda and the Wii U version looks to be almost identical.

Decisions decisions.

$20 says you keep it

Futaba

I'm still getting 2137-8028 when I attempt to update. :(

Change the router settings and set your wifi to WPA-PSK TKIP, with a new password and new SSID, and change the channel it's using, then re-try when the Switch is connected to the newly adjusted settings.

If you're connecting to a 5ghz mode wifi signal, try using the 2.4ghz instead, LOTS of people (including me) have had issues with 5ghz wifi.

Also, #teamneon for life.

ZOONAMI

Walked into target and picked one up at 830 this morning n preorder no problem!

Does anyone know how to link Nintendo ID?

The user name doesn't seem link it's linking to anything?

Rezbit

Really happy with the Switch so far! Only one day down but I've surprised myself with how much I've docked and undocked, played it tabletop in my study and lastly handheld in bed. It's gonna be a great home portable for me. My only hardware issue thus far is my right joycon is ever so slightly not flush at the bottom. By less than a millimetre though so can definitely deal with it lol.

No dramas, so touch wood and all that!

TLZ

Banned
The fact that you could move VC games from the Wii to the Wii U?...

Sorry dude but the switch dropped all kinds of BC since it's new architecture. But tbh I don't think anyone knows for a fact how our VC purchases from Wii U will be handled on Switch. So here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom