• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How are people finding the layout of the joycons for something like Zelda? I haven't played it yet but I can imagine having the buttons directly above the stick might make it tricky to adjust the camera while easily pressing the buttons? I suppose if Zelda still has lock-on for targeting that might be less of an issue, but it might still be a problem for other games.

Trying to avoid buying a pro controller - would rather spend the same money on another pair of joycons to get more players for bomberman and Mario kart

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any way to buy games digitally via the web and auto download to the switch?

Edit: bought download code from Amazon and there is a link in the email confirmation to redeem directly on Nintendo.com which says it'll download the next time it wakes from sleep. Seems pretty good

How are people finding the layout of the joycons for something like Zelda? I haven't played it yet but I can imagine having the buttons directly above the stick might make it tricky to adjust the camera while easily pressing the buttons? I suppose if Zelda still has lock-on for targeting that might be less of an issue, but it might still be a problem for other games.

Trying to avoid buying a pro controller - would rather spend the same money on another pair of joycons to get more players for bomberman and Mario kart

Yeah i am struggling a little bit with the positioning of the d-pad. Not sure yet though, i need to get used to the controls, i'm still a bit fingers and thumbs with it. So not sure if it is positioning or just having the weapon select where it is.

Having said having the return of seperate controllers is a god send. So comfortable. I tried the grip, comfortable but instantly i wanted that freedom of the joy cons. Also ....woah i just had a bad sense of de ja vu there haha... also it is great for the motion controls aspects with the bow and tablet.

Lock on targetting is still a thing. I haven't had any issues controlling the camera with either the Pro controller or just the Joy-Con at all.

I've always liked small controllers even though I have ginormous hands.

Fledz

I haven't had any issues with the positioning either. I saw some people complain about the jump button being too far away from sprint (above it) but I think you can change this in settings?

Nosgotham

I haven't had any issues with the positioning either. I saw some people complain about the jump button being too far away from sprint (above it) but I think you can change this in settings?

Th game is set up so where you can press jump after releasing Sprint and still have the momentum. You dont have to hold Sprint while jumping so the gripe doesn't, to me, have merit. That claw article pre release was silly

I know Im sorry but this is not the second coming of consoles. Will it be good/great in the future maybe depending what nintendo does with it, but literally this console offers nothing right NOW

"The os is amazing and sleek" ya but there is literally nothing on it right now.

Creating a Mii was boring as shit just bland no music or anything

The design for the joys not bad however put them on the wrong way have fun getting them off

Games? what games, Zelda sure yay, Wiiu has that

. Taking it with you where you go, sure ill give you that but it doesn't warrant a purchase of like 400 Canadian right now

Maybe when it gets more games and Nintendo adds more to the system
I don't have a switch, but I really believe demand would be much higher if Nintendo made Zelda BOW Switch exclusive. I still wish success for The Switch and hopefully Mario releases this year.

The_Lump

Banned

It doesn't matter anyway, there is a delay when you let go of sprint (Link will keep printing for a split second), so if you need to sprint and jump, there's more than enough time to move your thump from one button to the other.

Fledz

I usually wait for things like cases and other accessories. Third parties usually launch better ones in no time.

ekim

I usually wait for things like cases and other accessories. Third parties usually launch better ones in no time.

I need something now so it doesn't collect dust over night when I don't use it. It's not that much about carrying it around.

Nesther

Wow, this is so messed up and frustrating. My retailer thinks it'd be easier for me to send my Switch in directly to Nintendo of Europe, because I'd otherwise basically be waiting for my retailer to get in the next shipment which could be whenever.
NoE hotline tells me to go through the repair service forms on their website. However I just found out these haven't been updated to include the Switch. Another hotline call later, they told me they are now aware of the Switch not having a repair service form yet, but they'll get back to me later via e-mail.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, a question:

My power cable is way too short for my setup, can I just buy any USB-C to USB cable and put it into a regular USB phone power brick to power the thing? Do I need anything very specific?

I'm really sorry for being annoying, but I kinda wanna go shopping soon lol

roytheone

Did someone test if there is a difference in charge time between using the dock to charge or connecting the cable directly to the switch?

I don't have a switch, but I really believe demand would be much higher if Nintendo made Zelda BOW Switch exclusive. I still wish success for The Switch and hopefully Mario releases this year.

Wouldve alienated loyal wii u customers and youre overrating the amount of people that own a wii u.

Are there no digital manuals for game like on the Wii U?

Also, is there no way to use the Mii from Miitomo/My Nintendo? Do I need to create a new one?

Love the system but right now there's some big oversights...

Update on whether or not I could hear the switch making noise while docked. I previously said I couldn't hear it so I tested it out again playing Zelda. Temperature inside was 28c. I could only hear it making very little noise when I was literally centermetres away from it. So it's pretty much silent from gaming distance.

Posted from previous page. Just want to know if I'm alone on this?

Cross posting from the KS8000 settings thread to see if anyone else has this weird issue.

So, new Switch owner here and one issue I've noticed is when in sleep mode, sometimes the TV (KS7000) just changes to the HDMI3 input its connected to.

HDMI-CEC is turned off on the TV and the option is disabled on the Switch as well, so no idea whats causing it.

Bluth54

Do we know what lan Adapter will work 100%? For example does the Amazonbasics adapter work :)?

I used the Nintendo branded LAN adapter I got for my original Wii and it worked fine.

You want to make sure the adapter has a long enough cord from the adapter to the USB port so the adapter part itself doesn't need to go in the dock but I imagine most adapters will be fine.

So I have no credit card going out to buy a eshop card but it only says Wii U and 3Ds on them... They do work with Switch right?

Quite annoying thought the days where over where I needed to go to the store to buy those.. Just add paypal or something

meppi

If I change the region in system settings, will it do anything crazy? Can I buy blaster master, change the region back to US, and be ok?

You don't need to change your console region setting for that.
Just create a Japanese account on the system next to your main account, log into the eshop with that one and you can browse and buy games from the Japanese store, then play them with either account on your system.

quick question for anyone who has bough it:

Can I play Shock Troopers with two Joy Con halves?

I haven't found a way to do this.
Well, I mean 2 players using both 1 joy con.

mugwhump

If I buy a USB-C cable, can I just plug that into my phone charger or 2.1A power bank to charge the switch?

Do any of the accessories being sold come with a detachable USB-C cable?

I find it odd that you can see your friends online, what they're playing but can't even send them a msg.

When will Nintendo release that app?

This thing is perfect for me. I often can't play games because TV in use, and I do a 45 minute daily commute as well. Being able to take a game as freaking enormous as Zelda with me and play it any time is perfect. I really hope it succeeds.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Played Zelda fot 20mn in my car, while waiting for my girl finish her theater. Now she's the one playing on our way back home. Day 2, I love it :)

S6FOKan.jpg

neoglow

Banned
Odd question...

Can you lay the docking station on its side and still dock the handheld or does it need to be stood up?

Really loving the Switch as a handheld, it's well build and love the options it provides, no more leaving my console game at home if I want to carry on playing. I'm currently sat at work playing Zelda on my desk and it's totally awesome. Very handy for slow Saturday mornings if I have to work. :)

Bluth54

I had to try tasting the label after reading about the taste online and I don't know how they did it, but kudos to Nintendo for making the Switch labels taste like Asian Beetles.

PSFan

very odd, and theres still money left in your WiiU / 3DS store apps?

I'd get onto Ninty support to find out whats going on.

I did and they told me I had to do it in the eshop from the Switch. Worked great. Here are the steps in case anyone else has the problem.

Please make sure that you follow all the steps to complete the process:

Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account using a PC or smart device.

Select “Nintendo eShop” on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.

Select the account you want to use.

Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information.

Select "Add Funds."

Select “Merge Funds from Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.”
If this option doesn’t appear, it means that the NNID currently linked to your Nintendo Account has already been merged to your account.

Read through the information, then select “Merge Funds.”
If you see “Next” instead of “Merge Funds,” you don’t currently have an NNID linked to your Nintendo Account. You will need to link an NNID, then try again.

Enter your Nintendo Account password, then select “Send.”

The current balances from your Nintendo Account and NNID will appear. Select “Merge Funds” to combine them together.

Your balances will be merged together. Select “OK” to return to the “Add Funds” menu.

Jacobson

And alienate those who bought the Wii U because they promised Zelda? That's the fastest way to lose all your fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom