• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberluigi

Banned
How come the battery seems to be draining from my right joycon but not my left? Is it meant to do that?

I'm having the same issue. Right before I went to bed I put both the joy cons on the dock, woke up the next morning and the left one is fully charged but the right is dead. I try charging the right one and the charge doesn't show, but when I take the right one off and slide it back on it starts to show half then I do it again and now it says it's full wtf?

This really sucks, never had an Nintendo system with issues before til now.

SeanR1221

Do you guys have set up your RGB color space correctly? You can do this in the Switch's system settings and in your TV settings. On my TV with both Switch and TV set to "HDMI full" it looks definitely very close to the second corrected screenshot.

Mine is set to the exact same thing and looks like the top, not the bottom picture.

BFIB

Damn Amazon coming through.

20170304_115336_zps0hmph5ha.jpg

nickerous

I would love fatter Joy cons or some type of grip. My left hand wants to go to sleep after a few minutes of play. May have to get the pro controller, but don't want the system getting hot playing on the tv...is this an issue right now?

Persona7

Banned
I would love fatter Joy cons or some type of grip. My left hand wants to go to sleep after a few minutes of play. May have to get the pro controller, but don't want the system getting hot playing on the tv...is this an issue right now?

It get's warm when docked but nothing out of the ordinary or damaging.

i have a question.

Zelda seems to not be running smoothly in docked mode, yeah i heard about the reports etc etc but...

Will the switch be extremely limited by going this hybrid route? Can we expect a solid 1080P/60FPS from games or is that even wishful thinking at this point.

I more than anyone wants the switch to do well but i can't say i am very optimistic.

.J.

Banned
I think the Switch is now my exclusive home for indies. I used to love buying them on PSN because so many were cross play between PS4 and Vita, but since I finally sold my Vita this year, I want to retain that flexibility, especially to take something like stardew valley back and forth from home to work.

Red

I like the Switch, but I think it's way too difficult sliding the joycons on and off. Even sliding them onto the wrist strap bumpers is a chore.

If there was a more secure connection in the dock it wouldn't be so bad. Right now it really feels like you have to fight them.

Persona7

Banned
I like the Switch, but I think it's way too difficult sliding the joycons on and off. Even sliding them onto the wrist strap bumpers is a chore.

Yeah, it is kind of annoying. Really difficult to pop them off without pressing the shoulder buttons too.

i have a question.

Zelda seems to not be running smoothly in docked mode, yeah i heard about the reports etc etc but...

Will the switch be extremely limited by going this hybrid route? Can we expect a solid 1080P/60FPS from games or is that even wishful thinking at this point.

I more than anyone wants the switch to do well but i can't say i am very optimistic.

1080/60 is not going to be realistic at all for anything intensive like Zelda.

marrec

Banned
I really really love playing with the Joycons detached, like, it's perhaps the most comfortable way of controlling I've ever had.

The Joycon grip is, as others have pointed out, cramped unfortunately.

I really really love playing with the Joycons detached, like, it's perhaps the most comfortable way of controlling I've ever had.

The Joycon grip is, as others have pointed out, cramped unfortunately.

I tried that last night but still kept my hands quite close together out of habit. Guess that a couple of decades of gaming ingrained there

marrec

Banned
I tried that last night but still kept my hands quite close together out of habit. Guess that a couple of decades of gaming ingrained there

I noticed I ended up crossing my hands and resting them in my lap, unless I was using gyro aiming. A+ comfort. Probably not a great way to play fighting games though :lol

jgkspsx

I can't believe that, in this day and age, retailers close orders on products that are still being manufactured. I know it build imagined scarcity and "excitement", but I just want to order now and get one when it's available. Is that really so hard? God.

meppi

How is the d-pad? It looks like it'll be terrible to use.

It's not ideal and I would definitely buy a D-pad Joycon if they are ever made, but I was playing some KOF 98 last night and surprisingly I was able to pull of special and even super moves without any troubles.
It does take some getting used to though.
When playing docked, I will always opt for the pro controller I have to say.
That thing is simply perfection as far as standard controllers go.

Add me. FC: 4556-3403-2711

Can any of you guys add me?

2688-4718-4288
Done. If anyone wants to add me for some multiplayer Tetris, Mario Kart and Splatoon in the future, here's my code: SW-8347-9726-5976

2688-4718-4288[/QUOTE]

Anyone try Fast RMX yet? Thinking up picking up a $50 nintendo shop card and picking up that & put the rest towards Bomberman.

It's a lot of fun. I really suck at it though.
All the years of playing F-Zero and WipEout somehow don't translate into this game and I'm struggling with the controls.
But that's just me. Just need to get the hand of how it plays and find a decent craft.

So if I'm having MASSIVE issues with the left joycon, would it be my joycon, console or my placement of the console?

Preferably the joycon since my girlfriend is having issues with her touch screen so I could switch out the joycons before she returns it since it's defective anyway.

Anyone try Fast RMX yet? Thinking up picking up a $50 nintendo shop card and picking up that & put the rest towards Bomberman.

It rules. So smooth and pretty too.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Has anyone tried tasting a game cart yet? Curious if it's true Nintendo added a bittering agent to them to keep kids from eating them.

LotusHD

Banned
Was wondering about this. I'd like to know how long I've played Zelda for...

Closest thing we have to that is using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls App, which is only accessible through your phone I think. Gives you a basic activity log that tells you how long you've been playing your games.

hwy_61

Banned
Closest thing we have to that is using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls App, which is only accessible through your phone I think. Gives you a basic activity log that tells you how long you've been playing your games.

Man...I hope Nintendo ramps up production of those software updates!

marrec

Banned

The App is nice. Quick connection to your account and console, everything worked surprisingly well for a Nintendo "online" product, it has push notifications that alert you when the child account has gone over the time limit. If this is any indication then the proper social app that they are launching should at least be very usable.

ColdPizza

Banned
About to unbox mine after I get my infant down for his nap. My tempered glass won't come until next week so I'm honking of putting the packaging on the dock to prevent any scratches. Very nervous.

Turns out that the existence of an entirely new account for the Switch was a blessing in disguise. Now I can finally hook my debit card back up to the account rather than relying on eShop cards purchased from Amazon.

Story behind that is I bought Luigi's Mansion 3DS on the eShop at midnight, their store error coded out, didn't redeem my purchase, and charged me anyways, so I charged back through my bank, then like 12 hours later, they ended up giving me Luigi's Mansion anyways, but banned me from using anything but third-party eShop cards to buy anything. Tried to sort it out with them, they told me to contact my bank. Tried to sort it out with my bank, they wouldn't do anything.

Just bought Shovel Knight off the eShop on Switch using my debit card. So happy I can do this now.

Also ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon and GameStop. Getting the official case from GameStop. Getting a USB type-c cable from Amazon, along with a 3.0 wall port and a Pro controller. I've got a glass protector ordered to, but it won't be here for weeks, and I'm tempted to just use the plastic one the Nintendo case comes with.

LotusHD

Banned
The App is nice. Quick connection to your account and console, everything worked surprisingly well for a Nintendo "online" product, it has push notifications that alert you when the child account has gone over the time limit. If this is any indication then the proper social app that they are launching should at least be very usable.

Yea I actually rather like it myself.

hwy_61

Banned
Just downloaded the PC app, and I should've done this from the start. I think the log hours don't start tracking until after you set it all up.

Doh!

Wait, so what's the deal with Specter of Torment? Is it not included with the $25 Treasure Trove?

Just downloaded the PC app, and I should've done this from the start. I think the log hours don't start tracking until after you set it all up.

Doh!
What app?

First I thought he was talking about PC=Personal Computer, but I think he's talking about the PC=Parental Controls app.
Ah, funny that everybody's using that to check game hours.

SeanR1221

I really hope this launch was basically the "get it out for Zelda" switch and E3 brings some big updates.

I love how snappy the UI is, it's just so barebones.

Oh and please announce Smash and Mario Maker Nintendo. PLEASE

Zelda is everything I'd hoped for and is giving me that feeling I had the first time I played Dark Souls . . . wanting to explore every corner of this huge, seamlessly-connected world.

But I do agree that it's hard to go from Horizon 4K/HDR to 900p washed-out daytime lighting on the big screen . . .

Nakasan

Oh smeg! Parent GAF take note; the headphone port on the switch still works whilst docked!!

My little girl can sleep soundly again tonight without being woken by Bokoblins screaming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom