• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017 worldwide, MSRP $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

noshten

With paid online and no Splatoon at launch - I won't be Switching until the summer

$250 should have been the price - 29,000 Yen is around $250 USD...

Lebon14

So it looks like that Switch in Canada is going to be... ahem...

FOUR HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I don't say nope for the entire duration of Switch's life span but... certainly NOT at launch.

People were like : yeah its 250 and its pascal, lol

- its a handheld
- like for any console
- is this a bad thing? Do we now want the vita memory stick for switch?
- yeah I was hoping for 1,2 switch bundle
- sadly kow the standard (but there will be monthly VC games for free)
- we will have to see how it runs

Them: Switch is the weakest console
You: Doesn't matter the Switch is a handheld

Them: Switch has an abysmal launch line up
You: Doesn't matter the Switch is a console

How can you contradict yourself within two bullet points and not even notice?

killatopak

Gold Member
Uh oh, what is their launch line-up?

North American Switch Lineup according to Nintendo:
March 2017
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
Super Bomberman R
Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions)

April 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Spring 2017
Arms

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
Skyrim

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017
NBA 2k18
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Mania
I Am Setsuna

TBD
1, 2, Switch
Arcade Archives
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
Minecraft
Puyopuyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive edition
Rime
Shin Megami Tensei
Skylanders Imaginators
Siberia 3
Steep

- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

That's for the Japanese.

Kurdel

Banned
New Info from Nintendo's website:
  • Touch Screen is 720p
  • Internal Storage is 32GB
  • Can Be Expanded using microSDXC Cards
  • BotW's battery life estimated at 3 hours.
  • Online service includes proper chat lobby
  • Subscribers get one free NES/SNES VC title a month

Jesus this is underwhelming.

Can we start talking about the next ambassador program already?

Machina

Banned
- 1, 2 Switch
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- I Am Setsuna

Sooo much trash tier filler. This is almost embarrassing.

VanWinkle

It's just INSANE to me that 5 years ago we got an underpowered Nintendo console with a touchscreen controller where you can play off-TV for an overpriced $299. HOW DID TIME REPEAT ITSELF. Even the power of it is the same 5 years later.

Kebiinu

Banned
Y'all are so dramatic, lmao.

Still interested in picking it up. Looking forward to absorbing the news–and chaos–over the next few days.

North American Switch Lineup according to Nintendo:

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Splatoon will get delayed until Fall and Mario will get delayed until 2018. It's the Nintendo way. Also after launch look forward to a Nintendo statement apologizing for launch droughts and how they've learned their lesson. They've done it for the last 4 fucking systems.

Kurdel

Banned
It's just INSANE to me that 5 years ago we got an underpowered Nintendo console with a touchscreen controller where you can play off-TV for an overpriced $299. HOW DID TIME REPEAT ITSELF. Even the power of it is the same 5 years later.

Well, at least they will be selling 90$ docks to plug into a second tv in your house, so that is a new nightmare they created for us!

WHERE ARE ALL THE VIDEO GAMES?!

where-the-video-games-o.gif

Oh. $300 with only Zelda as a title 100% worth picking up? Zelda only lasting 3 hours on a full charge?

I'll look again during Black Friday. This is some sad shit.

Happy for anyone who is excited for some reason, though.

Wanderer5

New Info from Nintendo's website:
  • Touch Screen is 720p
  • Internal Storage is 32GB
  • Can Be Expanded using microSDXC Cards
  • BotW's battery life estimated at 3 hours.
  • Online service includes proper chat lobby
  • Subscribers get one free NES/SNES VC title a month

Not surprising with the internal storage, but SD cards shouldn't be troublesome.

zewone

The fact this is portable should at least mean it will do well in Japan. There should be some decent 3rd part handheld style exclusives from Japanese developers I think.

- 1, 2 Switch
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- I Am Setsuna

What the fuck has Nintendo been working on for the last two years since the final wave of AAA Wii U games came out?

Tevious

I wasn't too interested to begin with, anyway, but I'll only be getting a Switch if I happen to win one like I did the Wii U. Software lineup for likely the first year is pretty meh to me. Looks like I'll pick up Zelda for the Wii U, then. I wonder if that's coming out on March 3rd too? [Edit: Just read that it is, apparently.]

kennyamr

Basically I gotta pay $430 + taxes only for Zelda, because that's literally the only game they have at launch that I want to play.

(Console + Pro controller + Game)

A bit too high.

Y'all are so dramatic, lmao.

Still interested in picking it up. Looking forward to absorbing the news–and chaos–over the next few days.

You won't be saying this when the first round of sales numbers roll in, guaranteed. They're repeating almost all of the exact same mistakes they did with the Wii U and then some.

Surprised FFXV isn't getting the switch treatment

You think Switch could run that game? lel

paulogy

I'm just now noticing that Nintendo went with Player 1 = blue, Player 2 = red scheme that PlayStation lightbars use too.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You won't be saying this when the first round of sales numbers roll in, guaranteed. They're repeating almost all of the exact same mistakes they did with the Wii U and then some.
The first month numbers will be good, because that's how console sales have worked for a few years now.

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
Was expecting it to sit at about $300. Extra Joy-Cons seem a bit on the high end, but I don't anticipate needing to purchase a second pair (ARMS looks cool, but I've gotta a budget and other games on my radar), so its a bit of a moot point for me.

Pro Controller price is my only complaint. If the Joy-Con Connector design feels right, I might just bypass the Pro, but its a toss-up until I can get my hands on the system.

Overall, I am quite excited for the lineup. BotW, Xenoblade, Skyrim, Fire Emblem... All have been basically at the top of my most wanted list.

With a kid now, I don't have nearly as much time to play games as I used to, so it'll be good to be able to play a bit more flexibly.

Day 1, for sure.

Maybe that Nvidia chip wasnt a bargain after all...

I doubt the Tegra chip is the most costly component in this console. There's a reason why each Joy-Con costs $80, those things look ridiculously expensive to make. It's a tablet, a dock, 2 of these Joy-Cons, and the special hardware to make all the pieces attach to each other.

The Tegra might actually be the cheapest component inside the Switch tablet.

Basically I gotta pay $430 + taxes only for Zelda, because that's literally the only game they have at launch that I want to play.

(Console + Pro controller + Game)

A bit too high.

You'll probably have to throw a memory stick in there as well... Switch is only 32gb.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got in a Best Buy preorder! Will jump to Amazon if I can get one there, though.

Now I just need to know if the system is just region free for physical games or if it will actually let you jump between accounts like the PlayStation and Xbox.

The Argus

I hope there is a good storage system that allows for users to easily swap out MicroSD cards. Hopefully something where it carves out an extra 10GB of space on each install for patches and DLC. Accidentally run a game on the wrong SD, no problem, it simply asks you to insert the correct one and doesn't try deleting whatever you have on the currently inserted deck.

My feeling is that the console is great and the software line up is going to be incredible.

But with so much riding on that conference, it's going to have a rocky start. It was seriously boring and even someone like me is questioning pre-ordering it... I'm more confused by it now than I was back in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom