• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nip/Tuck star Julian McMahon cast as DOCTOR DOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
McMahon is Dr. Doom in Fantastic Four!
Source: Variety, The Hollywood Reporter
Tuesday, August 3, 2004

Variety reports that "Nip/Tuck" star Julian McMahon (pictures) will play Dr. Doom in 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four.

The "Nip/Tuck" star will play the venerable villain in "Fantastic Four," 20th Century Fox's Tim Story-directed film adaptation of the Marvel Comics franchise. Pic goes into production this month in Vancouver for a July 1 release.

Doom, a crazed scientific genius who hides his scarred face behind a metal mask, goes up against the title quartet of Michael Chiklis (Ben Richards/the Thing), Jessica Alba (Sue Richards/the Invisible Woman), Ioan Gruffudd (the eminently stretchable Reed Richards) and Chris Evans (Johnny Storm/the Human Torch). Simon Kinberg wrote the script.

The Hollywood Reporter says McMahon was offered the role on Friday and a deal will likely be made.

Don't really watch enough FX to know if that's a good or bad thing. I do find it funny that two FX staples, Julian McMahon and Michael Chiklis are in this movie now.

miraclepre2.jpg

Ristamar

A FF movie? I'm torn. I find the Fantastic Four to be boring as hell, save for The Thing. On the flip side, Dr. Doom is pretty damn cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom