• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

TheMan

I'm going to be keeping my game on PS4 with version 1.05 until substantial content is released.

I can dupe and stack to my hearts content and explore at my leisure not worrying about making warp cores since I just dupe them.

Sitting on $100 million units and my suit, ship and multi tool are all maxed for slots and upgrades.

The addition of a better AA solution is really the only patched item I care about but it's not worth giving up these tricks. Not to mention the UI bugs that seem to have come about with this newest patch.

How do you make so much money??

This whole stacking thing is a broken part of the game they needed to fix. You're limited to what you can carry at the beginning and upgrade more space as you go. Having you farm vast amounts would never be an intentional gameplay mechanic. There has to be a limit.

This whole stacking thing is a broken part of the game they needed to fix. You're limited to what you can carry at the beginning and upgrade more space as you go. Having you farm vast amounts would never be an intentional gameplay mechanic. There has to be a limit.

HG is not talking to fans I doubt they hear us on the stacking issue :(

Did the last patch break compatibility with newest nvidia drivers?

I've been away from the game for a while and I played a bit yesterday and I was averaging 55/75 fps on a Titan X pascal.

I was getting the same on my old 980ti (and sometimes even better).

And the initial loading screen with the galaxy view is running at 10fps max.

What a shitshow.

Did the last patch break compatibility with newest nvidia drivers?

I've been away from the game for a while and I played a bit yesterday and I was averaging 55/75 fps on a Titan X pascal.

I was getting the same on my old 980ti (and sometimes even better).

And the initial loading screen with the galaxy view is running at 10fps max.

What a shitshow.

It could be rebuilding the shadercache for some reason. New mod, new drivers, and possibly a new patch could cause a rebuild of the shadercache. This will cause poor performance during the load, but should go away after the initial load and while in-game. If it happens on later game-loads, then something did break.

Shaneus

Stacking gone (unless you already had a stack on the go) KEEP THOSE STACKS.
You can no longer just move the cursor across to dismantle, you have to press on each one.
Framerate in the menu isn't great now but in the game it's the same.
Overall cleaner IQ in the game. Looks like better AA has been used.
I've seen a couple of new animal designs and plants but that could just be placebo
I haven't updated or read any of the patch notes yet, but if you already have stackable vortex cubes (or whatever) does the patch remove them? Or does it just mean you can still stack, just can't get any more stackable cubes from crashed ships?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I haven't updated or read any of the patch notes yet, but if you already have stackable vortex cubes (or whatever) does the patch remove them? Or does it just mean you can still stack, just can't get any more stackable cubes from crashed ships?

If you've already got a stack then make sure you always keep two in the stack. Once those stacks have gone it's back to one cube, one slot.

I already know what is at the center but really after 245 warp jumps with at least 40% to blackholes I thought I would be there by now

I only warped 150 some odd times I'm pretty sure from 178k ly. When not hitting black holes I was mostly going max distance of 1600 (400) ly though.

Edit: Expected a bit more with the 1.09 patch after it taking two weeks.

I only warped 150 some odd times I'm pretty sure from 178k ly. When not hitting black holes I was mostly going max distance of 1600 (400) ly though.

am I aiming for the right target?

CsrmRR9XgAAOzJ8.jpg

Shaneus

If you've already got a stack then make sure you always keep two in the stack. Once those stacks have gone it's back to one cube, one slot.
Awesome. I know I have at least two in my exosuit stack, but think I only have one in my ship stack (and I don't know how to increase that). As long as I don't update I'll try and suss it out first.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Then you've finished the atlas path, you can also confirm that by opening the galactic map, if you can see black hole systems, then you've definitely finished the Atlas path.

Ok so I was going to ask about this.

I open the galactic map and definitely do not see black hole systems.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Because you didn't actually finish it. But if you get to the last station and refuse or cancel, it's over.

Yeap. Went to an Atlas station and opted for black holes and now they're on my map.

I'm still not sure what happened. I knew the entire time to retain the Atlas stones and one day I loaded my game and didn't have any. The only thing I can guess is that I walked away and died and not realizing it, didn't retrieve my grave and stones.

Oh well.

Edit: Wait - after visiting the black hole system I can no longer tab to a black hole menu in the map. Is that normal? Should I see a black hole tab all the time?

mokeyjoe

Well it's bug fixes, I imagine at this point the bugs are getting more obscure, rarer but harder to fix. I had the game freeze today, it's happened before, but this time after 30 seconds it sorted itself out. Weird, but ok. Better than a crash.

Time for a proper content update with 1.1 :p

Raist

Banned
Yeap. Went to an Atlas station and opted for black holes and now they're on my map.

I'm still not sure what happened. I knew the entire time to retain the Atlas stones and one day I loaded my game and didn't have any. The only thing I can guess is that I walked away and died and not realizing it, didn't retrieve my grave and stones.

Oh well.

Edit: Wait - after visiting the black hole system I can no longer tab to a black hole menu in the map. Is that normal? Should I see a black hole tab all the time?

You should "see" black holes on the galactic map at all times. They're systems with a black cursor around them.

My point was that you didn't finish the quest one the one occasion you had. You can't go back to Atlas stations. The only thing you can do now is get them one at a time from Nada.

Yeah you are. Did you make a lot of short hops from connecting the dots?

nope I started going as far as my fuel and warp reactors would reach then I just stopped following the line and just when in towards the light mostly about 1,200 light years each jump

then did blackholes stopped for repairs 250 jumps now

EDIT: 252 my next jump is Galaxy Center but it keeps saying too far to jump upgrade warp :(

I need to know if I am missing a Warp Reactor guys I only have 4

Hyperdrive > Warp Reactor Sigma > Tau > Theta (this was called something else but after the update it is Theta_) the fuck?

Raven117

Any idea how many more jumps I have when I'm about 1,500,000 away? (Could just be 150,000). I have warp drive, sigma, tau, theta.

I'll go through a few black holes,a few warps and damn, it feels like hat number Barly goes down. (Completed atlas path)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I need to know if I am missing a Warp Reactor guys I only have 4

Hyperdrive > Warp Reactor Sigma > Tau > Theta (this was called something else but after the update it is Theta_) the fuck?

That's all of them. After what update? The final hyperdrive upgrade has been Theta since the Day One patch.

th4tguy

Tried out the update tonight and I can finally breath a sigh of releif. All of the graphical artifacting has been fixed. This is what I was seeing.
SLnQdZo.jpg

DaqkFFy.jpg

But now everything is normal. People were telling me my PS4 was dying even though this is the only game doing this but now I finally know for sure it was just another dumb bug.

But now everything is normal. People were telling me my PS4 was dying even though this is the only game doing this but now I finally know for sure it was just another dumb bug.

Damn man, I don't know how you were playing like that, but great to hear it's fixed for you.

Z3M0G

250+ jumps to center?

I just started after finishing Atlas path which took me mostly in opposite direction... though my first black hole likely remedied that.

I think I need to just stop playing this. Perhaps Atlas path was enough...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
250+ jumps to center?

I just started after finishing Atlas path which took me mostly in opposite direction... though my first black hole likely remedied that.

I think I need to just stop playing this. Perhaps Atlas path was enough...

I'm not sure it's that many. I'm now on my 5th Galaxy and it really didn't feel like 250+ jumps, unless that doesn't include black holes?

Biggest alien I've seen yet. 7.17m

MAH GAWD

That's cool but seeing this I really have to question the animal generation. I saw the exact same creature apart from size and color on one of my planets... I thought it looked so freakish because it's on the edge of the variables but nope. Having screened hundreds of animals I think they just made some types for the general shapes (or even pretty much the exact animal for all situations. Leaving it completely to the the variables probably produced too much junk.

Raist

Banned
That's cool but seeing this I really have to question the animal generation. I saw the exact same creature apart from size and color on one of my planets... I thought it looked so freakish because it's on the edge of the variables but nope. Having screened hundreds of animals I think they just made some types for the general shapes (or even pretty much the exact animal for all situations. Leaving it completely to the the variables probably produced too much junk.

Well yeah, they've always said it works like that. They have "templates" (I dunno like 30 maybe?) and then it iterates based on that template.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU&t=21m10s

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Yeah, they need to add more animation rigs and creature types. Colour, markings and appendages can only get you so far. What makes creatures stand out as different is the way they move.

Well yeah, they've always said it works like that. They have "templates" (I dunno like 30 maybe?) and then it iterates based on that template.

Yeah but my problem is that some of these templates aren't templates at all but almost the same creature every time.
Another example would be the flying snakes.

Shaneus

Finally maxed out my exosuit capacity. Even with stacking cubes, still feels low capacity, despite how big that would've seemed only a few weeks ago.

Still mining this planet, think I'm going from hunting cubes to mining gold though. Can't remember how much less valuable gold was, but it sure is easier to find than cube clusters.

Raist

Banned
Finally maxed out my exosuit capacity. Even with stacking cubes, still feels low capacity, despite how big that would've seemed only a few weeks ago.

Still mining this planet, think I'm going from hunting cubes to mining gold though. Can't remember how much less valuable gold was, but it sure is easier to find than cube clusters.

Gold is ~200 IIRC. So if you find a good buyer, one full ship stack will give you 200k.

Top Bottom