• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

8byte

Banned
So, a few things.

1) I used the pre-order ship so I never got a distress signal to get the blueprint for a hyper drive.

2) I have a new ship, lost my old one, no hyper drive.

3) Cannot get blueprint for hyper drive. Stuck in this star system.

HALP.

Handy Fake

So, a few things.

1) I used the pre-order ship so I never got a distress signal to get the blueprint for a hyper drive.

HALP.

tumblr_loptguNGNJ1qlctfho1_500.gif

Hung Wei Lo

I was going to say - I can't stand mining. The only time I do it is for upgrades (which only require a small amount) and shooting at plutonium crystals from time to time to fuel up.

Just wait until you find a special resource planet and hang out by a trading post, empty your inventory and do a few runs around the post filling up your inventory, sell and repeat. I was making 400k per 5 minute sweep of a venom sac planet last night. It doesn't matter that they don't stack, each resource is worth more than a stack of gold or emeril (edit - well not really, but it's worth a lot), and is far quicker to get.

Once you've done that a few times you can buy pretty much any resource you need as you need it. Personally I think running around dodging sentinels for 5 minutes is a way more fun way to rake in the cash than shooting at rocks. And if you kill the sentinels they drop good stuff too.

Also I found a glitch where if you grenade the ground from under a dog sentinel it deactivates but the warning doesn't go away, which means you can run around collecting stuff with impunity for a while. It's weird because although the sentinel falls in the hole it's eyes stay on the surface looking around :/

I was trying the ship farming thing since I was on a Gek system already. While breaking down the mods from my old ship and transferring to the new one, I was able to get a whole bunch of rarer stuff - Omeganon (however it's spelled) and vortex cubes amongst other things which I thought didn't stack. I never noticed before, but some do - you may just need to manually do so.

I don't want to leave this planet until I have some bank, but I think I sort of broke it - I have a whole bunch of crashed sites markers, but are filled with ships I left behind because they had less slots or they're my old ones

Thanati

Ok, how do you actually get ships? I've been using the same one and have no idea how to buy a new one.

Sorry for the noob question!

I was trying the ship farming thing since I was on a Gek system already. While breaking down the mods from my old ship and transferring to the new one, I was able to get a whole bunch of rarer stuff - Omeganon (however it's spelled) and vortex cubes amongst other things which I thought didn't stack. I never noticed before, but some do - you may just need to manually do so.

I don't want to leave this planet until I have some bank, but I think I sort of broke it - I have a whole bunch of crashed sites markers, but are filled with ships I left behind because they had less slots or they're my old ones

Yeah, you need to move on to a new transmission tower after a while.

IvanJ

Banned
Ok, how do you actually get ships? I've been using the same one and have no idea how to buy a new one.

You can buy a ship from its pilot either on a space station or at stations around the planet. Square to talk and trade with the pilot.

Or you can seek out crashed ships and swap. Those are free, but require fixing up using various inventory items and elements.

You can clear the markers without taking the ship by clicking on the sphere next to them and selecting one of the two choices.

tchocky

So, a few things.

HALP.

Look for a crashed ship that has a warp drive.

Zafir

Find a transmission tower(use a beacon and select Transmission) and on completing the terminals puzzle it'll mark a crashed ship on your map. You can then take that as your own if you repair the ship.

Alternatively walk up to alien ships in the space station(or on the planet if they've landed), and you'll get a prompt to talk to the pilot. One of the options is to buy their ship.
You can clear the markers without taking the ship by clicking on the sphere next to them and selecting one of the two choices.
You don't even need to do that to clear markers, you just need to walk up to whatever the marker is tied to. In a crashed ships case, just walk up to the ship. In terms of outposts/shelters just go to the save point.

Transfer back to your old ship.

Edit: Also you can probably get heridium by dismantling ship upgrades.

Does the ship have any other unnecessary upgrades that you can break down?
Or something in your suit or multitool that you can sacrifice for a brief period?

This worked. I had only been looking at the ship upgrades, which wouldn't have given me enough, but one of my multi-tool upgrades had 100 heridium in it. Thanks!

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So, a few things.

HALP.

I did the same, but eventually I got the blueprint. You can also search out a crashed ship and get it that way.

venomenon

Regarding hiding in shelters for the extreme survival milestone:
As several people have confirmed, it does work so you can just let the game run for a while. However, on PC the game has to be focused. I didn't realize it is actually paused when it runs in the background, so no alt-tabbing for a cheap achievement.

Hung Wei Lo

Yeah, you need to move on to a new transmission tower after a while.

Thanks guys..only problem with this planet is there is little to no plutonium nearby as they're all in the caves with the vortex cubes, so continuous landings/departures can be annoying :/ ...first world problems haha

I soldiered through it and got a 48 slot fighter-type ship - I've only seen the space RV's or long tube ones here, so i guess that's a plus.

I ended up selling like 4 stacks Omegon (sp?) oops..should've checked first to see if I need it for crafting anything special. I'm not really going to worry about uprading my ship though. It looks like I have the majority of them by going through this process - I can't remember but I think I have like 10 or so free slots.

Anyone know if certain ship types are more prevalent with certain races? I want to try hunting for a nice sleek fighter

vpance

This is the closest thing I've found to a Xenomorph so far. It had wings which made it even worse.

tumblr_oc4a6uv9sL1vcevjdo1_1280.png

Hey, that does kind of look like a xenomorph's skull.

Arachnid walking brain was the creepiest thing I've seen so far. Something straight out of Doom.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shred that tree into carbon!!!
Speaking of which, on resource gathering with Plasma Grenades:

They do work on resource pillars, gold balls, copper floating eggs, etc.
They don't work on resource crystals, or the rare mats you destroy rather than collect (sac venom). Will just blow them up.
They work great for getting iron and carbon from rock/flora. Oneshotting trees with them is fun.

Thanks guys..only problem with this planet is there is little to no plutonium nearby as they're all in the caves with the vortex cubes, so continuous landings/departures can be annoying :/ ...first world problems haha

I soldiered through it and got a 48 slot fighter-type ship - I've only seen the space RV's or long tube ones here, so i guess that's a plus.

I ended up selling like 4 stacks Omegon (sp?) oops..should've checked first to see if I need it for crafting anything special. I'm not really going to worry about uprading my ship though. It looks like I have the majority of them by going through this process - I can't remember but I think I have like 10 or so free slots.

Anyone know if certain ship types are more prevalent with certain races? I want to try hunting for a nice sleek fighter
Ship types on offer seem to vary system to system, so if you're shopping for something specific, jump around after you feel like you have a good handle on what a given system has to offer. Not sure if they vary based on the ruling race of each system or other factors.

Clauss

Isn't it 1.04? I don't see it in GOG Galaxy yet :(

EDIT: nvm I found it on the little version number next to the play button (1284085):

FWIW

Patch 1284085 (18 August 2016)
Game crash fixes.
Performance and compatibility improvements.
If you are still experiencing issues with the game then please try the developer's support page.

Akuosa

So... I have a problem. I dont know if its because of the patch or just a bug or what, but all my discoveries just disappeared.
I noticed because I loaded my game in the planet I stoped playimg yesterday, got in my ship, landed nearby... and got the planet discovered message. I have absolutely nothing before that. I've tried reloading my previous save, but its the same, that only has the discoveries I've seen since.

Has the patch broken something? Or it's just lucky me?
I know it's not game breaking, but... kinda sucks, I was actually naming stuff and all that.

I'm on PS4.

Baalzebup

Has anyone successfully scanned a bird in the sky yet without shooting it down first? I never manage to find where it lands after shooting it down :p

I'm at around 10 various flying species scanned, zero casualties. Only once did I even try it, and that was something really special as the intended targets tanked things that would kill even a Sentinel Walker several times over.

Got 7 more hrs of work so let me know dudes if it still crash-

oh

Besides launch day, today was the only day without crashes for me. Stuttering yes, crashes, no.

In ship draw distance/lod seems to be even worse. More animals appearing in larger groups. That's what I've noticed so far.

Also, saw a "juvenile and unpredictable" member of a species run up to another species and kill it with a smack.

jond76

Banned
That reddit list threadbis embarrassing. There's even one guy calling for Sean Murray to be arrested.

I just don't get it.

Speaking of which, on resource gathering with Plasma Grenades:

They do work on resource pillars, gold balls, copper floating eggs, etc.
They don't work on resource crystals, or the rare mats you destroy rather than collect (sac venom). Will just blow them up.
They work great for getting iron and carbon from rock/flora. Oneshotting trees with them is fun.

They "work" on resource pillars, but the amount of usable element you get from them is very low in relation to how big of a chunk of the element you're taking out. To get the most out of mining, you have to use the mining laser.

Mining pillars is a chump's game though. It's slow for everything but Heridium, and every other resource you can find in pillars can be mined faster in other forms (crystals/asteroids). It's just a matter of finding the right planet/system for the right resource.

That reddit list threadbis embarrassing. There's even one guy calling for Sean Murray to be arrested.

I just don't get it.

It's tough. People definitely have every right to be angry, but it's going to some pretty ridiculous extremes. At some point "development difficulties" just isn't a good enough excuse for all the absent features, however I've been more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt during all this and I will continue to do so because I genuinely enjoy the game. I just hope all this rampant negativity hasn't brought HG down.

I just don't get it.

You don't see much of anyone discussing the real issues with the game in that thread. They seem to have a few tent pole discussions based around multiplayer, sandworms or the size of creatures but most of it is just gaffers trying to out edge each other with memes, clever puns or outrage.

Meanwhile, we're discussing issues with crashing and saved game bugs that are actually hampering the enjoyment of the game for some users.

Top Bottom