• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Shoeless

Why is it always so hard to find the last fucking animal on these planets?

I already scanned one bird species on this planet, and the planet has no water. I keep scanning the horizon with my scanner and no red dots ever show up.

I feel your pain. I've been stuck on the same planet for the last five days refusing to leave until I get the last animal, but I just don't know where it is. I can stay in water as long as I need to, but even 30 minutes of swimming around just shows the same old fish.

I'm convinced this planet is either bugged, or else they only generated ONE of the last species and I haven't covered the tiny corner of the planet it's one, but I refuse to leave this world until I get that last one.

If you dismantle a piece of ship tech that returns an item like a vortex cube, dynamic resonator, gravitation orb ect., it allows you to stack them up to 100.

Combine that with a vortex cube planet, and the fun never ends!

What in the world? Is this widely known? That's a super specific bug that seems like a game changer.

Meliora

If you dismantle a piece of ship tech that returns an item like a vortex cube, dynamic resonator, gravitation orb ect., it allows you to stack them up to 100.

Combine that with a vortex cube planet, and the fun never ends!

I love how I keep discovering new things in this game all the time, like this lol.

Kaiken

Banned
This place is just absolutely stunning. Filled with flora but no fauna. I've named it Garden of Solace.

LnMasg1.jpg

What in the world? Is this widely known? That's a super specific bug that seems like a game changer.
LOL!
I don't know, I was streaming it on twitch today. I figured it out last night and then just got lucky by finding a vortex orb planet where they are all over the ground in caves.

I've not seen it mentioned before, so might be not well known yet.

Z3M0G

Jumped for the first time and learned how it doesn't keep your previous location highlighted for you on the path to center... so I have no idea where my starter system is... and I couldn't waypoint it before leaving...

...this game...

So I lucked out and found a planet covered in honest-to-goodness flyable canyons with tons of caves.

As a bonus it has both Gravitino Balls AND Vortex Cubes, and the Sentinels don't even care about the Vortex Cubes. This is in an E-class Green star system.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So I lucked out and found a planet covered in honest-to-goodness flyable canyons with tons of caves.

As a bonus it has both Gravitino Balls AND Vortex Cubes, and the Sentinels don't even care about the Vortex Cubes. This is in an E-class Green star system.

and it actually looks nice, all my planets have muddy-ass skies :(

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
So, patch opinions:

The PS4 version didn't crash on me, loads a bit faster, and feels more solid. The PC version is smooth as butter on my i7 2600k, GTX 1080 and 16GB - but only after a hella stuttery intro loading screen.

Yes, I double dipped

Inviusx

I feel your pain. I've been stuck on the same planet for the last five days refusing to leave until I get the last animal, but I just don't know where it is. I can stay in water as long as I need to, but even 30 minutes of swimming around just shows the same old fish.

I'm convinced this planet is either bugged, or else they only generated ONE of the last species and I haven't covered the tiny corner of the planet it's one, but I refuse to leave this world until I get that last one.

Yep same here, tried everything from upgrading my scanner to only looking at night (apparently some species only spawn at night). I'm convinced the game is bugged or something else is going on. My planet is a rocky/ desert planet with no water. There are no bird species at all. I've tried everything.

The other problem is that if the species I'm missing only spawn on a particular part of the planet (doubtful) I cannot even work out where that might be because the fauna doesn't spawn when you're in your ship.

Frustrating!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Jumped for the first time and learned how it doesn't keep your previous location highlighted for you on the path to center... so I have no idea where my starter system is... and I couldn't waypoint it before leaving...

...this game...

When you're in the galaxy map press right on the d-pad to 'scan for discoveries' and you'll be able to find everything you've discovered in the past. It's not really obvious but it's there. So you can find your way back that way if you like.

CaLe

Someone needs to explain to me why we can't move upgrades once crafted. This shit is infuriating. I need to understand the advantage of this design decision. What the fuck.

Someone needs to explain to me why we can't move upgrades once crafted. This shit is infuriating. I need to understand the advantage of this design decision. What the fuck.

You can link same ones together to get a bonus, I'm sure they made it so you can't move them so you have to think through where you want to put them or you have to destroy them and start over.

Same reason why the grid layout is all over the place on non maxed ships/tools.

CaLe

You can link same ones together to get a bonus, I'm sure they made it so you can't move them so you have to think through where you want to put them or you have to destroy them and start over.

Same reason why the grid layout is all over the place on non maxed ships/tools.

People who craft things at the start of the game have no idea this feature even exists. If I didn't read NeoGaf, I wouldn't even know I had to link items together to get a bonus (and when I find out, my inventory is a mess).

Was there a patch today? And if so, did it change the pop-in on PC? I feel like the pop-in is a lot worse than when I was playing earlier this week.

Not sure what it is but I much prefer playing this game on my laptop than on the PS4.

Anyways, after I think 24hrs of playing time, I finally left my first planet and landed on a space station...which is awesome.

Love this game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Not sure what it is but I much prefer playing this game on my laptop than on the PS4.

Anyways, after I think 24hrs of playing time, I finally left my first planet and landed on a space station...which is awesome.

Love this game.
Daaamn, I think this might be the record for longest time spent on first planet. Possibly...
Anyone else got more hours?
Glad you're enjoying the game, it's quite addictive.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sweet baby jesus! I was thinking about this silly type of ship when I saw the front part in the space port today
IT IS REAL!!!
http://imgur.com/a/DWoQM
Biggest cargo ship there is currently in the game. Look-wise at least.
You are also a super easy target for pirate scans with cargo ships but at that point, you'd probably have maxed out shield and everything.

Inviusx

Anyone seen any interesting marine life?

I've only found 1 planet with water, lots of water actually. Unfortunately there was no life on the planet at all except for flora.

mokeyjoe

Maybe it's just random but the last couple of systems I've been to after the patch have had way more rugged terrain and dense plant life than I'm used to.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Anyone seen any interesting marine life?

I've only found 1 planet with water, lots of water actually. Unfortunately there was no life on the planet at all except for flora.
Yea, there are some disgusting interesting looking sea creatures on some planets swimming about. Hawkian and some other posted pics of their findings previously I think.

Ritzboof

Ok, did i just found some kind of special weapon? I already "beated" the game, and never saw something like this before.
Images in the spoiler tags just in case.

HMpBXxg.png

oaH2X4P.png

i have something like that, as well. it seems like its a rare vy'keen multitool

f24a9927a5.jpg

336e0381f0.jpg

Killed myself to try and get unstuck from the center of the planet. First time dying so I was afraid to see what the punishment for death is. Turns out it doesn't matter, spawned me inside the planet again.

CNCD9dh.jpg

I guess that's the end of my space adventure.

I have never fully discovered a planet until tonight. It was 12 species desert planet too. I landed, for the first time, on it and almost immediately found 7 new species. I didn't really try to look for more, but they kept popping up. I needed one more and was close to ending my session when I landed at one last shelter. As soon as I left my ship an animal attacked me. It also happened to be the last one I needed.

daveo42

Banned
So I just warped into a system and right into the middle of a battlefield. Even got dinged up a bit by the wave of asteroids I flew through coming out of warp.

CqMFjr0WEAI3P3X.jpg

CqMFhUcWYAA3GpK.jpg

Quick question. If I stray from the Atlas Path for a few systems will I be able to return to the path? There's a blue system close by and I'd like to explore it, but I'm worried that it'll ruin the Atlas quest.

Top Bottom