• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

muteki

Finished up exosuit at 48 slots. Big money sink I won't have to worry about anymore.

My ship is still crap but looks like I can get a 27 slot ship for around 3 million. If I can find one with good upgrade positioning I'll probably pull the trigger.

On a wonderful green grassy archipelago planet that has sac venom all over and the trading post sells ormegon. Blueprint luck continues to be horrible but I seem to be finding nice planets.

Am I the only one creeped out by this mountain?

hHu4UzE.jpg

Poyunch

So you can in fact destroy trees you land on and you'll get a floating spaceship.

Btw, has anyone encountered a "big" version of that ship type? I've seen bigger versions of other ships but I want the weird looking ships with a big inventory. The largest inventory I've seen on one of those was around 24 slots.

melkier33

We really need a tech blue print to help track unknown species. Got the rank 10 milestone got all but one species in 5 minutes spent the rest of all those hours looking for that last species on a small ass moon. Ran laps around that moon and still never found it. It really is killing my enjoyment at the moment.

The 2 features I want patched asap.
Press left to toggle on/off all UI elements.
New tech blue print to help track unknown species. It can be a usable one time item or installed tech I'm OK with either.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
My planet fauna upload is stuck since patch. I cannot do 100% group upload for units anymore :\
plus I think that they really upped the critter numbers since patch, I was assaulted by one or two predators before, now whole packs are getting at me.

Question regarding the atlas path. No spoilers please

Does the game end if I complete the atlas path or will it let me continue in to the centre ?

I just shot a few trees down for carbon, using my ship's photon cannon. I'm 99% sure I wasn't able to do this before.

I mean, I've tried to shoot pillars of elements with no luck. There wouldn't be a meter to display how much damage was done, but there is now. Don't recall ever attempting to shoot other stuff.

I turned the game off, otherwise I'd try some heridium or aluminium or something. (or I'm just finding out this was a possibility all along)

I seem to be only able to fly at 136u at planet level now. I could've swore you could boost up to 154-155 before.

I noticed I had gone up to 240 today. I'd fully upgraded my ship with all blueprints and slots today, too. I figured it had something to do with that.

Razgreez

I just shot a few trees down for carbon, using my ship's photon cannon. I'm 99% sure I wasn't able to do this before.

I mean, I've tried to shoot pillars of elements with no luck. There wouldn't be a meter to display how much damage was done, but there is now. Don't recall ever attempting to shoot other stuff.

I turned the game off, otherwise I'd try some heridium or aluminium or something. (or I'm just finding out this was a possibility all along)

I noticed I had gone up to 240 today. I'd fully upgraded my ship with all blueprints and slots today, too. I figured it had something to do with that.

Yeah i used to fly around randomly firing off my cannons and the shots used to just splash up against things (mostly huge mounds of gold or copper) with no effect. It still does nothing to resources but seems to do minor damage to plants. Maybe it's always been that way. Maybe i just wasn't paying attention. Maybe my cannons were to weak to do damage (given that the current fully upgraded cannons do very little)

So, I chose not to follow the Atlas quest when I first started out and I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to get the Atlas Pass V1. After playing for around 4 hours I got to a ruin/monolith type place and it confirmed that I'm on my own! Was hoping I'd get another chance. Don't really want to start over.

I've Googled this and found different responses, any advice would be appreciated!

pip77

I finally have a 48 slot ship to match the 48 slot exosuit. After warping a couple of times, ended up landing on a dream planet that is lush with vegetation. It has mounds and pillars of gold, plenty of Chrysonite crystals, and Vortex cubes in just about every cave I have explored so far.

I will be definitely staying on this planet for a while.

Here's a clip of the planet's environment: https://youtu.be/4li0alzUVy4

Here was my stash after running thru a few of the caves with the vortex cubes:

RfaNefZl.png

hyxd5Qhl.png

ultrazilla

Finally came across my first planet discovered by someone else. That was a cool moment to know they were on the same planet.

I really hope Hello can patch in/fix multiplayer.

BizzyBum

Finally came across my first planet discovered by someone else. That was a cool moment to know they were on the same planet.

Just make sure you tag everything, or else other people who visit might come across an outpost that says <your name here> smells after I tag it.

BizzyBum

After about 50 hours of playtime so far, I think my biggest gripe with the game are the alien NPC's currently. Someone on reddit echoes my sentiments exactly (in the one week later sticky discussion):

Every single planet and moon has been colonized. They all have settlements everywhere. Every system has a space station. You never truly go where no one has been or no one is. Seriously, for a game about your lonely travels, you encounter life EVERYWHERE.

3 alien races with settlesments EVERYWHERE with no indication they have a home planet. Or cities. Or anything. To really differ them because all 3 have essentially the same technological foundation as far as buildings and space stations go.

The first part is especially true. I feel this game would have been better without all the aliens. Not every solar system needs a space station. Every planet should not be dotted with hundreds of outposts. Even though you may be the first person to visit the planet in the game, you don't actually feel like you're the first person to discover it because it's loaded with outposts and ships flying overhead. I would have much preferred seeing these aliens be extremely rare and many planets have no outposts so you actually feel like you're alone in space exploring these planets before anyone else in the universe sees them.

Granted, I understand why they did this for ease of access and gameplay mechanics, but there should be more of a balance between discovered systems and total mysteries.

Ritzboof

Man, where did you get so much Omegon? I need 500 units of it for a blueprint and I've got 48.

go o a transmission tower and locate a crashed ship, go there and accept the ship, dismantle its parts (the phase beam damage theta upgrade will give you 50 omegon), go back into your regular ship and repeat. probably the best way to reliably get your hands on a lot of omegon without looking for it in blue star systems

i also find that the random galactic trade terminals that you find on the ground commonly carry a bit of omegon that you can buy

Osla

Neo Member
After about 50 hours of playtime so far, I think my biggest gripe with the game are the alien NPC's currently. Someone on reddit echoes my sentiments exactly (in the one week later sticky discussion):

The first part is especially true. I feel this game would have been better without all the aliens. Not every solar system needs a space station. Every planet should not be dotted with hundreds of outposts.

Agreed.

I feel the same way about the majority of planets teeming with animal life, that's the opposite of how they advertised it in interviews. Coming across a barren planet is rare, should be the other way around.

IvanJ

Banned
Agreed.

I feel the same way about the majority of planets teeming with animal life, that's the opposite of how they advertised it in interviews. Coming across a barren planet is rare, should be the other way around.

So far I have visited 48 planets. 22 have had no animal life at all, and most of them had no plants either.
So I wouldn't say it's rare, you just had better (worse?) luck.

Suit and ship are maxed out, now I need to updgrade something (not even using upgrades).

My multi-tool is severely lagging behind, only 10 slots. It doesn't help that the last 10 or 12 upgrades I found were in fact downgrades. Fuck it.

Baalzebup

I'm on a desolate planet with animal species. It's incredibly Zinc deprived. I made the mistake of switching to a crashed ship, but not having enough Zinc to fix the Pulse Engine. And now I lost my old ship... I can either wander aimlessly to find my old ship, or continue to find 11 freaking units of Zinc.

Any advice? Am I missing an obvious resource of Zinc?

I had the exact same problem...could not find zinc anywhere....didn't know what I was gonna do, then remembered that you can extract zinc from a technology you've built by dismantling it....it meant losing my next level suit shield, but I got my zinc and cheesed it our of there....hope that helps

Ya'll really missing the most accessible source of Zinc. When you click your scanner (doesn't really matter where, these things are plentiful and pretty much everywhere), look for the yellow symbols. They can be supply crates, but very often in the wilds, they are a certain type of yellow flower. Interact/collect the flower and you get around 20-25 Zinc. You can't mine the flowers like you would with carbon. There are similar red flowers for Thamium9 and blue flowers for Platinum. Most planets will have all 3 of these flowers, barring perhaps the most absolutely barren ones.

And yes, on certain other planets, the scan results can get muddled when some of the other elements ping the same color, such as Titanium pinging yellow, but eh, then you just move on to the next possible contact.

Aselith

Has everyone kind of come the gentlemen's agreement that we should only put names on the cool shit or are people just naming everything?

Rephil

Agreed.

2 of 5 planets in my very first system had neither fauna nor flora! and very few outposts, very barren and desert-canyon-like. but i know what u mean! and to bad there are no sandstorms or other extreme weather-anomalies on planets like this.. love that game, but its far from finished!

IvanJ

Banned
Has everyone kind of come the gentlemen's agreement that we should only put names on the cool shit or are people just naming everything?
I stopped naming everything except planets. I leave the systems as is, and for the planet I put a description if someone happens to stumble upon them, so they know if they should visit or not. Like: "Extreme weather No life", "Radnox available", "Gold everywhere" etc.

Osla

Neo Member
So far I have visited 48 planets. 22 have had no animal life at all, and most of them had no plants either.
So I wouldn't say it's rare, you just had better (worse?) luck.

Maybe I shouldn't have said majority. I was looking forward to getting to that rare planet with life on it, they said it would be 1% or an even smaller number.

Top Bottom