• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

So what is this thing? Anyone else come across one of these in a ruin?

VZdppgZ.jpg

mnUR5bN.jpg

C0db20y.jpg

I found it a couple days ago in a unique set of ruins. It rolls and can be pushed around.

I tried everything I could think of to it: mining laser, boltcaster, "interacting" with it, pushing it into a crater, pushing it into anything round-looking in the ruins, pushing it into animals and my ship, scanning it, landing on it... nothing. I finally gave up and pushed it off a cliff into a pond and just left it there.

Ok, if any gaffer here is named Max Damage. I pretty much went to 4 of your Atlas Interfaces in Euclid Galaxy.

Now for my galactic trip to the center

Poyunch

So what is this thing? Anyone else come across one of these in a ruin?

I found it a couple days ago in a unique set of ruins. It rolls and can be pushed around.

I tried everything I could think of to it: mining laser, boltcaster, "interacting" with it, pushing it into a crater, pushing it into anything round-looking in the ruins, pushing it into animals and my ship, scanning it, landing on it... nothing. I finally gave up and pushed it off a cliff into a pond and just left it there.

I've run into it a couple of times. I wanted to know too. I saw a Reddit comment say it would be perfect for rolling into a warp monument to activate it but I'm sure if that were the case someone would have done it by now.

Saganator

Decided to mess around with the terrain deformation.

This was a tunnel through a mountain and I decided to turn it into a big trench, hoping that I could spot it from space. Unfortunately it seems that whatever changes you make to the terrain aren't actually "loaded" until you're close to it.

Next thing I want to do is basically cut the top off of a mountain.

BizzyBum

Man, creating and arranging all of my blueprints is turning into an all day project. Unless HG makes this more user friendly in a future update I'm never going to upgrade again once this is over.

At least I pinpointed what bp was making my game crash: health module sigma. Apparently this was fixed with the last update so now I just need to find it.

A couple of questions.

If you've already uploaded your discovery, can you rename it afterwards?

And can you swap the trigger buttons around within the game?

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Are crashed ships always +1 slots of your current ship?

Also, wow can't believe it took me this long to realise your ship can "sprint".

So...how much money do I actually need? I've maxed out suit and ship inventory, now I'm trying to upgrade my multi-tool.

In the meantime, I farmed a lot of gravitino balls/spheres and I'm up to 14mil units. Visited my first Atlas station so far.

Alebrije

If I upgrade life support module sigma 2 to Tau 3 , can I dismantle Sigma 2 and just keep the new one , or I need both for better support ?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If I upgrade life support module sigma 2 to Tau 3 , can I dismantle Sigma 2 and just keep the new one , or I need both for better support ?

I thought all modules link and stack, so max effectiveness requires the whole series in adjacent slots.

Septimius

They all add. If sigma is +1, and tau is +2, and theta is +3, then sigma and tau together is the same effect as one theta, but all together is the same as twice as good as a theta. If you line them up you get a small bonus, too. It's somewhere around or below 10%, though, so it's not the end of the world to not have it.

Wow. Been a few days since I played since I was getting a little bored.

Booted it up today and every planet (been to about 7-8 across 3 star systems) has been discovered and named by someone else.

I think if they implement bases, it will be somewhere where you can conveniently warp to anytime and just admire your stuff. Perhaps they'll add incentive to building a base. Maybe you can create 'farms' for certain materials.

I think the bases might have an interest value if we can customise them and other players can visit them and see them and maybe interact with them in some way.
That way when you come across a system someone has been to before you there would be a bit of added interest in exploring just to have a mooch around their base

RedSwirl

I can't remember how this happened, but I think there was this beacon that led me to a crashed ship that was like halfway around the planet from where I was. The crashed ship had the hyperdrive sigma upgrade recipe in it. Is that some kind of specific process?

I can't remember how this happened, but I think there was this beacon that led me to a crashed ship that was like halfway around the planet from where I was. The crashed ship had the hyperdrive sigma upgrade recipe in it. Is that some kind of specific process?

Transmission Towers will always lead you to distress signals of crashed ships if you solve them correctly. Crashed ships are pretty likely to have ship blueprints on them.

Future

I actually want to like this. I like entering planets and warping around. Some of that OG destiny fantasy actually being fulfilled. Landing on planets, looking up and seeing the other planets in the atmosphere is awesome

The fact it's procedural means almost nothing though. I don't even know what's procedural. Only thing I fight are sentinels and they always look the same. I actually think this would be better if there were some actually designed planets

The lack of design makes it boring, as expected. And damn that inventory management is a drag. Now I just sell everything and just farm common shit whenever I need it.

When I found this moon I had a 23 slot Exosuit, up to this now.

It's nice because it has low security, no animals and caves everywhere just filled with Vortex Cubes. The selling price is a little below Galactic Average but there are so many of them around it's worth the couple hours to farm them.

Going to max out my suit and then bank a couple mill to do a ship jump from my current 19 slot ship to something in the higher twenties, save myself all that time going up one slot at a time.

Danlord

Okay, this game is annoying me.

I had just come from a moon farming Vortex Cubes when pirates were scanning me. I went to a nearby planet that was close and as I was entering the atmosphere, the pirates entered the atmosphere with me. I tried to fight them all, but there were 7/8 of them and I wasn't cut out for destroying them.

They killed me and instead of spawning in the space station, I spawned on the planet next to my ship. Which is broken. Needing Zinc to repair...on a planet that doesn't have any zinc.

Help?

Saganator

I had just come from a moon farming Vortex Cubes when pirates were scanning me. I went to a nearby planet that was close and as I was entering the atmosphere, the pirates entered the atmosphere with me. I tried to fight them all, but there were 7/8 of them and I wasn't cut out for destroying them.

They killed me and instead of spawning in the space station, I spawned on the planet next to my ship. Which is broken. Needing Zinc to repair...on a planet that doesn't have any zinc.

Help?

I don't think I've been on a single planet with out some zinc on it. Keep looking.

RedSwirl

Transmission Towers will always lead you to distress signals of crashed ships if you solve them correctly. Crashed ships are pretty likely to have ship blueprints on them.

So I gotta look for transmission towers. And I guess thsoe hackable antenna things have a chance if you tell them to look for transmissions?

Help?

I decided to repair a broken ship on a barren planet once; the planet was completely devoid of the yellow plants that give the player zinc. I spent a couple hours walking around the planet before I found a trading post where one alien had zinc to trade.

I don't think I've been on a single planet with out some zinc on it. Keep looking.

They exist.

Zafir

So I gotta look for transmission towers. And I guess thsoe hackable antenna things have a chance if you tell them to look for transmissions?

Yeah if you select transmissions they'll either give you a beacon, a transmission tower, or an observatory.

tchocky

Help?

Check to see if any of your upgrades give you zinc if you dismantle them

Going to max out my suit and then bank a couple mill to do a ship jump from my current 19 slot ship to something in the higher twenties, save myself all that time going up one slot at a time.

It might cost more than you think. I just bought a 40-slot ship for 36 million this afternoon. After window-shopping a bunch of ships, the equipment layout on this one wasn't a complete disaster like most others. I only had to dismantle and rebuild 3 or 4 things in order to get things arranged for optimum performance.

Danlord

Trust me, I have walked around a lot, almost an hour now. It's a barren planet. No life. No fauna. There's iron, plutonium, heridium and even some gold and aluminium - but no zinc.

I decided to repair a broken ship on a barren planet once; the planet was completely devoid of the yellow plants that give the player zinc. I spent a couple hours walking around the planet before I found a trading post where one alien had zinc to trade.
Will every planet have a trading post? If so, what is the option I need to chose to find one with the red beacon that I use a Bypass Chip with?

Check to see if any of your upgrades give you zinc if you dismantle them
Not sure that I do, I've turned it off for the night now I'll check again in the morning, but unless I can find a trading post/galactic terminal somewhere I think I am screwed

:/

Help?

I don't think you need zinc to fix the launch thrusters and pulse engine. Fix those, then find a crashed ship. Break down all the upgrades and it should give you enough resources to fix your ship.

Every time anything breaks, if I don't have the materials I just look for a crashed ship. It gives you a bit of all the resources needed to fix a ship.

xam3l

When I found this moon I had a 23 slot Exosuit, up to this now.

It's nice because it has low security, no animals and caves everywhere just filled with Vortex Cubes. The selling price is a little below Galactic Average but there are so many of them around it's worth the couple hours to farm them.

Today during a ship search I got a Stackable Vortex Cube. Luckly right after I found a planet just like that. I kid you not, full inventory plus 100 of those was a true treasure.

The game can be hard as fuck but sometimes it cheats itself lol.

Danlord

I don't think you need zinc to fix the launch thrusters and pulse engine. Fix those, then find a crashed ship. Break down all the upgrades and it should give you enough resources to fix your ship.

Every time anything breaks, if I don't have the materials I just look for a crashed ship. It gives you a bit of all the resources needed to fix a ship.

The pulse engine is critically damaged, and it means the starship won't start, I thought I could just repair the Launch Truster, and then just slowly coast to the Space station but it errors and says the pulse engine is critically damaged. So I have some carite sheets, heridium but I'm just needing 20 Zinc, and on this barren planet there isn't any. I just need to find a trading post or galactic terminal and I'll buy some from the galactic market.

I'll also keep a look out on a broken ship, but I don't want to lose my current ship because I literally just spent a few million on it, did my farming for Vortex Cubes and then this happened

:/

Hung Wei Lo

I think I've built every ship upgrade (30, right?), and have them all colour coded nicely..only problem is now if I ever come across the ship of my dreams, I'll be 120,000,000 short of being able to buy it
KuGsj.gif

Today during a ship search I got a Stackable Vortex Cube. Luckly right after I found a planet just like that. I kid you not, full inventory plus 100 of those was a true treasure.

The game can be hard as fuck but sometimes it cheats itself lol.

Is that a legit real item, or are y'all just exploiting a bug?

pip77

After completing the extreme survival milestones, I discovered a planet that was filled with Calium.

5tSIx1Fl.png

It was everywhere:

https://youtu.be/_0Wd6Y4vpE0

After that planet I did some jumping and landed on a planet that was filled with vortex cubes. As soon as I picked one up, I got a level 3 sentinel status. After a couple small run-ins, I decide to see how a level 5 sentinel status would be.

Here's a vid of that experience:
https://youtu.be/uuMFe01rg8U

Here's a vid of a vortex cube run I did after gaining the level 5 status:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPp0T74HDAY

Is this issue something that has happen to anyone here:
I just encountered a issue when I opened a Multi-tool tech box. It said that a blueprint for Health Module Theta is already known but I do not see it in my list of blueprints.

Tubobutts

Does anyone know if the patch fixed the bug where the game says you already know recipes you don't? Running into that for one of the warp drive upgrades killed some of my enthusiasm.

tchocky

Does anyone know if the patch fixed the bug where the game says you already know recipes you don't? Running into that for one of the warp drive upgrades killed some of my enthusiasm.

I have seen a few posts in this thread quite recently reporting that problem so I guess not.

WipedOut

Just booted the game back up after taking a break. Someone just named a planet in the system I'm in (I discovered it) and might still be on the same planet as me. Sent a message, pretty cool if they are still here.

Top Bottom