• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Loudninja

How do I find ships with more than 24 slots?? Been doing transmission towers but nothing.

Also upgrades for my Multi tool are always the same as I have. Very annoying.

Just following the path to centre and chilling. But is there a trick to getting the 48 slots on everything??
Chill at a station or at outpost where ships land.

Without spoiling anything, for those who have reached the center, was the surprise/ending worth it or anti-climatic? Does the game just continues after that and you keep visiting other planets? Does anything change after the ending? Please no spoilers.

How do I find ships with more than 24 slots?? Been doing transmission towers but nothing.

Also upgrades for my Multi tool are always the same as I have. Very annoying.

Just following the path to centre and chilling. But is there a trick to getting the 48 slots on everything??

The towers will be one up or one down from your current ship. When you find one that's an upgrade, break down everything in your current ship for mats and take the upgrade.
Repeat until you are happy

0racle

Without spoiling anything, for those who have reached the center, was the surprise/ending worth it or anti-climatic? Does the game just continues after that and you keep visiting other planets? Does anything change after the ending? Please no spoilers.

My only advice is to enjoy what your doing now. Any goals you have in mind should be erased. Have fun maxing out your ship, suit and tools and enjoy the sights.

The hyperdrive distance is not acurate, maybe because they made the galaxies bigger with the day 1 patch, so a 1600LY jump in a hyperdrive will only get you around 400LY closer to the center. So the other method is still the fast way to travel, even if brakes a random upgrade each time you use it.

Oh wow, I didn't really pay attention to the change in distance so I would've totally missed that bit, thanks.

My only advice is to enjoy what your doing now. Any goals you have in mind should be erased. Have fun maxing out your ship, suit and tools and enjoy the sights.

ummm...ok...that doesn't sound too promising :) ...I mean hope its something wondrous and worth all these planet hoping :). I don't have the game yet as I will wait it out till its patched and has more stuff in it that they promised (hopefully). Will buy around holidays when price drops.

My copy of Deus Ex didn't arrive (damn you, Amazon!) so I guess it's one more night of exploring the galaxy for me. I went to my first B type star last night and was surprised by how different the first planet was from what I've seen so far. Huge snakelike rock structures everywhere that look like the great wall of China and giant mesas. It doesn't have much in the way of animals though. I'm curious what the next planet will have.

If the problem is the speed movement:

Upgrade your jetpack, and use the button combo to jetpack forward.
Start sprinting forward then click on melee and right after keep pressing the jetpack. It will move you forward much faster than running, and you can control the hight by pressing and releasing the jetpack button.

The upgraded jetpack lets you go for a good distance before needing to wait for a jetpack recharge.

You don't need to sprint. Just melee and immediately jetpack. Also if you have a fully upgraded jetpack, if you hold down the button continuously the fall when the power cuts out will cause damage. So after a bit you need to do it in bursts so you don't go too high.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So how is everyone obtaining their 48 slot ships? Are you really grinding out the +1 slot via the crashed ships or grinding for the cash?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
ummm...ok...that doesn't sound too promising :) ...I mean hope its something wondrous and worth all these planet hoping :). I don't have the game yet as I will wait it out till its patched and has more stuff in it that they promised (hopefully). Will buy around holidays when price drops.

There's no real payoff. If you don't like exploring for exploring shake, taking in the sites and grinding to gather stuff to upgrade to explore more/further then just skip it.

neoism

So how is everyone obtaining their 48 slot ships? Are you really grinding out the +1 slot via the crashed ships or grinding for the cash?

just buy the highest slot you can get and yeah the best way is to just go on a gek planet go to a trans tower and keep making crash ship waypoints on the maps 30 should do...

also remember to dismantle everytime before you take the next ship... ( you will have to do mad amou ts of inventory management but )if you do you will have most items to make your ship when you find the 48 slot one you want.

you will need a fuck load of iron to make the sheets just dismantle the upgrades and you will get the sheets to stack to 100.... it takes about 11 or 12 sheets to take off in the new ship. i gets easier the more slots you get. i started with 24 slots and got a 48 in 3 hours.

but i fucked up and fully upgraded to ugly ass dick ship so i had to redo it lol on a prettier ship

Z3M0G

Need some advice!!

I'm a fueled up and ready for a good push towards center... but I got an Atlas waypoint which is sending be BACK where I previously came from... and I need to jump 3 systems just to reach the waypoint.

Is it worth it? Or should I just head to center?

If I don't go now, will that be my only Atlas waypoint until I finally go? It is opposite direction from center...

brentech

While system jumping and looking for interesting planets, I started doing the +1 today, had a 34 slot to the start the day, at 46 right now. Not like I've been playing all day either.
should note that I did purchase 2 ships prior to this. biggest one being a 30 slot

I bought 3 ships before I caved and started grinding out crashes. From the starter I went to 18 slots, then to 24, then to 33, which is where I started looking for crashed ships. I think it took less than 2 hours on 2 separate planets to grind up to 48 and find a ship I reasonably liked. Now I'm on a quest to find the best least bad looking shuttle/freighter ship.

I don't know that I've seen anyone say the ending is good. I think it's pretty terrible. It feels like a joke that only the developers were in on.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Well it looks like I'll be grinding for the 48 slot. I'm fine with that as I just found a bad ass, gorgeous planet full of resources.

PROTIP: Don't keep single-slot items on your ship. You can hold 500x per slot so having a slot occupied but one item is a waste.
PROTIP-TIP: When you disassemble tech from a ship you switched to, single-slot items become 1/100, so cubes / orbs / sheets / etc. can can exist within those stacks and be swapped back to exo suit (just don't use up the whole stack or the next one of that object will be 1/1 again)!

E92 M3

Deep space mod; so beautiful:

b0zSLgR.jpg

Yup, about to try that out myself. There's a modified version someone posted on Reddit that doesn't touch all the other stuff this modder did, it's a bit of an all-in-one mod atm. Hopefully the original modder breaks out just the Deep space effects in their own PAK soon.

I bought 3 ships before I caved and started grinding out crashes. From the starter I went to 18 slots, then to 24, then to 33, which is where I started looking for crashed ships. I think it took less than 2 hours on 2 separate planets to grind up to 48 and find a ship I reasonably liked. Now I'm on a quest to find the best least bad looking shuttle/freighter ship.
Question about ship grinding. Do you need to accept a ship with a slot or two more ad nauseam or do you keep looking and looking until you find a 48 slotter?

E92 M3

Yup, about to try that out myself. There's a modified version someone posted on Reddit that doesn't touch all the other stuff this modder did, it's a bit of an all-in-one mod atm. Hopefully the original modder breaks out just the Deep space effects in their own PAK soon.

I am just a jealous PS4 player lol. Post some pics when you can!

Though you said Dead Space mod lol

Hahah, that could work!

btkadams

So is the crashed ship strategy just trading to any ship that has more slots? Is that the only way to find the 48 slot ships crashed? Like, is it based on the numbers of slots on your current ship?

E92 M3

So is the crashed ship strategy just trading to any ship that has more slots? Is that the only way to find the 48 slot ships crashed? Like, is it based on the numbers of slots on your current ship?

I just play normally, but dismantle everything on my ship when I am ready to upgrade. Check out how cheap I got this 41 slot for:

Cqghm6JXYAAN6E7.jpg

soo guys is this the right way to do the bonus upgrades for your ship he did it +3 +2 +1 .... i did it 1,2,3 or does it not matter

It doesn't matter as long as they're linked. There's a dude on reddit that tested out various combos with the boltcaster clip mod, which is the only mod that you can check the result on with a hard number, and the conclusion was that you get a bonus if you can place mods with the base unit in a 2x2 square. Other than that it doesn't matter what the order is as long as they're linked.

Yes. You'll only find +/-1 or same slots on crashed ships. It's still way faster than grinding money.

E92 M3

I've talked about this before, but I am really happy that entering the atmosphere is a bit drawn out when not boosting. Definitely more immersive and fun for me.

One thing I really wanted before the game came out.

Razgreez

I recently had a glitch where I was able to stack multiple items (like gravitino balls). Naturally I tried duping to see if I could stock up to the 100 limit that was displayed.

After a couple of runs the stacking suddenly broke. My grave had over 100 gravitino balls, 60 vortex cubes and 60 neutrino modules yet I could once again only hold one per slot. It was entirely peculiar.

Being the idiot that I am though I recorded none of it. It happened over the weekend just after the latest patch. I thought it might have been part of the update but clearly it wasn't. Has anybody else experienced similar?

I recently had a glitch where I was able to stack multiple items (like gravitino balls). Naturally I tried duping to see if I could stock up to the 100 limit that was displayed.

After a couple of runs the stacking suddenly broke. My grave had over 100 gravitino balls, 60 vortex cubes and 60 neutrino modules yet I could once again only hold one per slot. It was entirely peculiar.

Being the idiot that I am though I recorded none of it. It happened over the weekend just after the latest patch. I thought it might have been part of the update but clearly it wasn't. Has anybody else experienced similar?

Are you saying you stacked so much that you died and it reset? Or that when you died with that stack (by normal means), it reset?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is there a difference between the Photonix Core and Pulse Jet Sigma? Same description, recipe, etc.

Likewise for the Boltcaster SM and Impact Damage Sigma. Why do these exist?

Welp. Game has started crashing again. Lasted an hour in the first session, then ten minutes in the second session. Beginning to wonder if certain planets are just cursed, but on the other hand the patch from the weekend solved most of my earlier crashes. Now I just don't know.

PROTIP-TIP: When you disassemble tech from a ship you switched to, single-slot items become 1/100, so cubes / orbs / sheets / etc. can can exist within those stacks and be swapped back to exo suit (just don't use up the whole stack or the next one of that object will be 1/1 again)!

PRO-PROTIP-TIP: This is very likely a bug, and Sean Murray sheds a single tear every time you use it

Oh man, so good. Sorry Grant, but I really wish I had this on the PS4.

Is there a difference between the Photonix Core and Pulse Jet Sigma? Same description, recipe, etc.

Photonix Core and Boltcaster SM were both pre-order bonuses. I thought someone said the Photonix Core is better than Sigma, but I'm not really sure. They obviously must stack as separate items though.

This is it, my chariot unto the fires of the galactic core (48-slot beast):

Some other shots I'm fond of, including my previous Space Winnebago:

And this GIANT temple. I'd never seen one this big. It had a giant stone Gek head at the top of the stairs:

Also system jumped right into a battle tonight. That did not go well but it was pretty awesome doing a run along the side of a cruiser and taking out it's cannons.

Note that if you get a ship with a Photonix Core on it, do not dismantle it unless you're okay with losing it permanently. I didn't know I couldn't technically build a 'Photonix Core' and I lost one this way. Not a big deal but just a heads up.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Photonix Core and Boltcaster SM were both pre-order bonuses. I thought someone said the Photonix Core is better than Sigma, but I'm not really sure. They obviously must stack as separate items though.
Ohhhhhh, right. Thanks. I completely forgot about those bonuses. Kinda weird they didn't just give you the blueprints for the other things early. I suppose the additional stacking abilities are a bit of a perk.

PROTIP: Don't keep single-slot items on your ship. You can hold 500x per slot so having a slot occupied but one item is a waste.

Yeah I actually knew both of those things (I have 20-something carite sheets or whatever they're called to fix landing gear). I had actually been keeping the Atlas Stone in my suit for days and days, I have no idea why I switched it and I'm sooooooo pissed that I did.

I even did it once before and while swapping ship resources went "oh shit I forgot my Atlas Stone better not let that happen again" AND THEN

For those wondering why the game hands out blueprints for some of our basic exosuit technologies, last night [NPC event spoiler]
I ran into a Gek whose suit was malfunctioning, and I had the option to give them a basic tech blueprint.

Top Bottom