• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Raist

Banned
The hold thing never bothered me because I've almost made a wrong choice in the past and it's a better option than an "are you sure?" pop up.

Never really bothered me either, apart from some specific cases (like crafting those damn warp cells).

It hasn't changed for stuff like discarding items for instance.

curb

Banned
My game is sitting in rest mode on my PS4. I think I should try and grind out those last five Gel transmission ship slots before quitting and installing the patch.

Raist

Banned
My biggest pet peeve with the UI is that "floating windows" thing. I get that it makes it look a bit more fancy, but the fact that end up ever so slightly chasing your target is nuts IMO.

Poetaster

Banned
I get them, but they always just find buildings
Are you talking about those long pole antenna things? The transmission towers I speak of should only be giving you a distress signal to a crashed ship after solving a puzzle. If you're having trouble finding a transmission tower you can use a bypass chip on a signal scanner to help find one. Just select the transmission option.

Slay

(Reposting for new page)

A couple of questions about
black holes

1) I asked
Nada to find me a black hole
, but the coordinates didn't appear in the galactic map. Happened twice already, what am I doing wrong?
2) I'm 160k ly away from the center, I jump by ~1600 ly with the ship
and no more than 2000 with black holes (if my calcolations are correct) but it's taking me forever: do some black holes get you radically closer (like tens of thousands ly closer)?
How did people reach the center on day1? I don't get it.

1. If you hsve 3 waypoints in the galactic map, then you're screwed. They cannot appear because there is no way at the momment to clear waypoints.

2. You think you jump by 1600LY, but that jump reduces the distance to center only by 400LY.

I hope that both get fixed in the latest patch.

Has anyone noticed that the crafting menu has a Curiousity tab? Has anyone found a blueprint for one of the curiosities?

I get them, but they always just find buildings

I think you're using the signal scanners, the boxes with orange lasers shooting out the top that you use bypass chips on. Transmission towers have one of the round consoles inside and usually an alien sitting inside, interact with the console and you get a simple math puzzle. It always directs you to a ship if you solve it.

For the signal scanner, just keep crafting bypass chips and selecting transmission. Eventually you'll get a transmission tower.

somme

Kinda hope that if there's another bug patch for PS4 they just put:

"Bug Fixes. ¯\_(シ)_/¯"

in the patch notes. :D

magawolaz

1. If you hsve 3 waypoints in the galactic map, then you're screwed. They cannot appear because there is no way at the momment to clear waypoints.

2. You think you jump by 1600LY, but that jump reduces the distance to center only by 400LY.

I hope that both get fixed in the latest patch.
ahhh, that's why. Thank you very much

Found a planet covered with avocados and vortex cubes yesterday. Spent a while there getting fat (on units) and left 50 million richer.

TAT4iZS.jpg

Seeing this OT still on the front page warms the cockles of my heart. Every time I see another "NMS killed my parents" thread pop up, I come here and bask in y'all's light.

It's people like you that'll get this game the support it deserves for years to come.

th4tguy

I'm making units in the game but no where near what others are reporting. I'm lucky if I get 60k from selling resources. Things like gold, aluminum, and gravity balls. What should I be doing different?
Also, games graphics are still borked for me on ps4. Still the only game that messes up. Hoping with every patch, it'll get fixed.

I'm making units in the game but no where near what others are reporting. I'm lucky if I get 60k from selling resources. Things like gold, aluminum, and gravity balls. What should I be doing different?
Also, games graphics are still borked for me on ps4. Still the only game that messes up. Hoping with every patch, it'll get fixed.

Selling just three graviton balls will give you more than that.

Pillage mineral deposits, the big crystalline ones are the best as they give a better return than rocky mineral deposits. I found a planet with lots of Emeril Crystals and bought loads of suit slots with my cash :)

tldr; Look for big blue or green crystals like the red plutonium ones and mine them.

BizzyBum

If you find a planet with Albumen Pearls, never leave.

Early on in my playthrough I found a planet with a ton of these and an outpost with a portable GTT. I was able to completely fill up my inventory and sell them all for about 900K every 5 minutes, and this was before I had maxed out inventory.

If you find a planet with Albumen Pearls, never leave.

Early on in my playthrough I found a planet with a ton of these and an outpost with a portable GTT. I was able to completely fill up my inventory and sell them all for about 900K every 5 minutes, and this was before I had maxed out inventory.

Even better, doing the Vortex Cube glitch to get them to stack (up to a 100) in one slot is the way to go. Around 2,5 mil base value per stack.

Unrelated, first planet after the update is just about the biggest and lushest forest I have ever seen and it is getting me huge framedrops on PS4. Sub 15 even.

BizzyBum

Even better, doing the Vortex Cube glitch to get them to stack (up to a 100) in one slot is the way to go. Around 2,5 mil base value per stack.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's definitely the way to go, especially if you find a station that marks up the sell price.

McNum

So I got all the suit upgrades, but my ship is kind of... eh. Don't have the units to buy into the good bracket of ships yet, and my current one can jump from Atlas Interface to Atlas Interface in 1-2 jumps, meaning that questline is about to get done.

I think my plan will be something like this. Do Atlas. Get 30-ish slot ship. Start discovering animals for those full-planet milestones while heading for the Center.

I mean, I can't take my Warp Reactors with me, so if I get a new ship, I can't do those super-long jumps until I rebuild. So, Atlas first, then ship. The idea is to buy a 3-5 million unit ship and then do crashed ones for the rest, right?

CackleAndHide

Neo Member
I'm finding it waaaaay easier to scan flying things after this update. Might be a coincidence but I think they've tweaked it to make it easier. Really glad as it was driving me mad trying to scan some of the fast moving bird-type creatures.

BizzyBum

So I got all the suit upgrades, but my ship is kind of... eh. Don't have the units to buy into the good bracket of ships yet, and my current one can jump from Atlas Interface to Atlas Interface in 1-2 jumps, meaning that questline is about to get done.

I think my plan will be something like this. Do Atlas. Get 30-ish slot ship. Start discovering animals for those full-planet milestones while heading for the Center.

I mean, I can't take my Warp Reactors with me, so if I get a new ship, I can't do those super-long jumps until I rebuild. So, Atlas first, then ship. The idea is to buy a 3-5 million unit ship and then do crashed ones for the rest, right?

If you don't mind using an exploit the fastest way to upgrade your ship is doing the Gek transmission terminals. Do it now because the next patch will fix this.

I waited until I got a 48 slot ship before decking it out with blueprints and heading to the center.

Frankly, I'd just jump systems until you find one with a planet that has expensive harvestable resources on the planet/moon closest to the space station and farm them there. I lucked out in my 5th system or so and had a planet 3 seconds away from the space station with mild weather, low sentinel presence and vortex cubes everywhere (and the vortex cubes had a 100% markup in the space station terminal). I was tempted to stay there and farm forever, but that struck me as the wrong way to play the game, so I set off after clearing 10 million or so and getting a slightly larger ship. Haven't found another system yet with that sort of farming capability, but jumping between systems until you find a good one still seems like the best bet.

Meliora

Do you get more units now for uploading 100% on a planet? It said I would would get 300k on the last planet I was on, didn't finish it though.

I'm just about to go back in and investigate 10 crashed ships i marked with the Gek tower glitch. I'm hoping to get at least 5 upgrades and a whole slew of materials out of it :)

I did buy a ship but that was a long time ago and i just use crashed ones now and upgrade one only when i want to leave the system.

Loudninja

I'm finding it waaaaay easier to scan flying things after this update. Might be a coincidence but I think they've tweaked it to make it easier. Really glad as it was driving me mad trying to scan some of the fast moving bird-type creatures.
Yep they made it easier this patch we are now getting some gameplay changes it seems.

I can confirm that Extreme Survival is fixed with 1.7
Landed on a extreme planet and waited until the sols started to increase, went into space, went back and it started where I left of.
To be sure I left the planet again and traveled to another planet and went back, still working.

dM2xuxnJCg4H6.gif

Raist

Banned
I can confirm that Extreme Survival is fixed with 1.7
Landed on a extreme planet and waited until the sols started to increase, went into space, went back and it started where I left of.
To be sure I left the planet again and traveled to another planet and went back, still working.

dM2xuxnJCg4H6.gif

Ha Just as I finish an 8h run to get that one.
I cheesed the last 2

Oh well. Goodbye, 322.6˚C planet. You won't be missed.

Seeing this OT still on the front page warms the cockles of my heart. Every time I see another "NMS killed my parents" thread pop up, I come here and bask in y'all's light.

It's people like you that'll get this game the support it deserves for years to come.
I like how the refund thread is mostly people who don't own the game celebrating you can refund past the 10 hour mark, or goading others to do it.

Like what? Can you make your true intent any more obvious?

Top Bottom