• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Anyone try the otterbox case for the 920? I've never been a fan of cases, but having spent $180 to replace a screen, I can't keep the official case, which does not protect the screen. I need this phone to last at least until Fall.

NeOak

Anyone try the otterbox case for the 920? I've never been a fan of cases, but having spent $180 to replace a screen, I can't keep the official case, which does not protect the screen. I need this phone to last at least until Fall.

My brother has the Defender case. That thing is hard as a rock. I use the AGF Ballistic case, which is nice, but the otterbox is IMO better.

Lumia 800 user here.
Tested the waters with a 710 some time ago and loved it, so decided to upgrade. My next phone will probably be a Lumia. Love the OS, it's so stylish <3

mm04

Week 2 of owning a 920 and I'm loving it. I'm very surprised at the battery life. I can go almost 2 days between charges which is much more than my Focus.

kharma45

What does the app do and where can I find it? Wondering if it will work on my 620 or not.

It works yeah, scan this QR code for it

qrplaytowp8.jpg

I'll just quote WPCentral, "PlayTo enables consumers to stream content from their Windows Phone to compatible hardware. Televisions, Xbox and computers to name but a few. Videos, music and photos can be fired from the Windows Phone to other installations over the WLAN."

Raide

It works yeah, scan this QR code for it

qrplaytowp8.jpg

I'll just quote WPCentral, "PlayTo enables consumers to stream content from their Windows Phone to compatible hardware. Televisions, Xbox and computers to name but a few. Videos, music and photos can be fired from the Windows Phone to other installations over the WLAN."

Thanks.

Haha! Never used the QR Code thing, kinda handy!

Discusguy

I like it a lot. Adds more bulk but I don't mind. 2nd day of having the case I dropped my phone on concrete and phone is perfect still. That Otterbox Defender case fits over the L920 like a glove.

U2NUMB

YES.. through work I have had an LG Quantum for nearly 2 years.. loved it at first but shortly after that the larger screen smartphones came out and I started to hate it based on the bulk. Well I just now convinced our IT department to order me a 920.. so excited so I will be joining the Nokia tribe soon!

Sorry had to share my excitement!

Here's a few pictures of the case on the phone itself

I tried to capture in that last photo how the Nokia logo almost floats on the back of the case due to the dual-layered finish of it.

Damn, that looks great. I love the matte white finish--ARE YOU LISTENING, NOKIA? It looks kinda ethereal around the edges.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Checked out a 620 yesterday and I really liked it. The 620 actually has a better GPU than the 920.

For my next phone I would like to go back to something a bit smaller, preferably 4-4.3". I like the 720 a lot. Give me that in a HD screen with a bit more memory.

Got my free Lumia 620 shell!

really nice the white, phone also feels a lot more solid too now compared to the black one that i was using.
I noticed this too. The cyan one they sent feels far better. Less movement in the shell.

a bunch of people have commented on the colour of the phone. Looks 100% better than the black.

kharma45

Checked the app and yes, I have that issue. Which probably explains a few bugs I had noticed.

Take the shell off and hold as normal and it works fine though.

I got someone else to check theirs and it was fine, will check out my gfs on Sunday to see if hers has this issue.

Walshicus

Anyone know a good case for the 920? I've got a black model, but I'm quite partial to the Cyan design so something in that colour would be great.

Raide

Here's a few pictures of the case on the phone itself

I tried to capture in that last photo how the Nokia logo almost floats on the back of the case due to the dual-layered finish of it.

White looks really nice! I knew I should have picked that as my first option. Still waiting to see what I get. :D

This is starting to be comical. I ordered my Lumia 920 in 13th of decemeber and I still don't know when I will get it. Lumia 920 is still completely soldout here in Finland... I want my phone. =(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Got my free Lumia 620 shell!

really nice the white, phone also feels a lot more solid too now compared to the black one that i was using.
Free shell? Where did you buy the phone from? I bought mine (cyan) from expansys online in order to get it in the us. Is this deal through Nokia?

Tekniqs

joined the crew! black 920...they didn't have the cyan, but oh well...sexy ass phone!

Anyone got app recommendations? I dl'd a bunch of them per XDA thread but i'm probably missing a ton.

Is there something like tapatalk?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
joined the crew! black 920...they didn't have the cyan, but oh well...sexy ass phone!

Anyone got app recommendations? I dl'd a bunch of them per XDA thread but i'm probably missing a ton.

Is there something like tapatalk?

Not sure about tapatalk, but some of my favorites are Amazing Weather HD, TV show, Metrotube and Wordament.

hadareud

The Translator
Foroplex is an ok Tapatalk agent.

It's new, so it's still a bit buggy, but it's being updated very regularly and it's improving quickly.

MarkusRJR

Anyone with a 620 having this issue?

http://youtu.be/_8qL8uaTLac

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-620/213475-check-your-lumia-620-screen.html

Sadly it's affecting mine, apparently an issue with the grounding of it.
Oh man that sounds shitty. That's definitely putting me off buying that phone. I remember older (as in a older than the last year) Nokia phones having small and sometimes big issues that Nokia just never recognized and never fixed. I don't trust them to fix this at all.

Top Bottom