• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only way to get on Vince McMahon's shitlist and to stay on it is to directly take money out of Vince's pocket. Like Jarrett holding the IC title hostage. Nash told a story about how WWF was having him do the Slim Jim commercials because Macho Man left, and Nash ended up telling them to just get Macho Man because he can't come anywhere close to Randy for that. And then he was like 'Sorry if you found out about this 20 years later, Vince' or whatever during the interview, and all I could think was 'Man, he better hope to god Vince doesn't find out about losing that deal because of that.'

He also talked about how he was working out with Vince, and there was one of the times Vince was successfully sued over money or something, and he talked about how it was the only time he ever saw Vince really hold a grudge. That he would constantly walk around murmuring, 'That was supposed to be my god damn money' under gritted teeth.

bjork

The only way to get on Vince McMahon's shitlist and to stay on it is to directly take money out of Vince's pocket. Like Jarrett holding the IC title hostage. Nash told a story about how WWF was having him do the Slim Jim commercials because Macho Man left, and Nash ended up telling them to just get Macho Man because he can't come anywhere close to Randy for that. And then he was like 'Sorry if you found out about this 20 years later, Vince' or whatever during the interview, and all I could think was 'Man, he better hope to god Vince doesn't find out about losing that deal because of that.'

He also talked about how he was working out with Vince, and there was one of the times Vince was successfully sued over money or something, and he talked about how it was the only time he ever saw Vince really hold a grudge. That he would constantly walk around murmuring, 'That was supposed to be my god damn money' under gritted teeth.

Holy fucking shit my brain

I forgot all about this

Also must buy Ray-Ban Baloramas

edit - THIS is the best one. Short, to the point, and "chips?! agh" is something I say every single day at work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Samurai Cop on blu-ray in 2 days. So in 2 days I will have Miami Connection, The Room, Story of Ricky and Samurai Cop on my shelf. What will I do with my life after I have that? That is zenith defined.

R.O.T.O.R would be nice, but it doesn't have the significance.

DiscoJon

Banned
For DISAPPOINTMENT.

image.php

bjork

Samurai Cop on blu-ray in 2 days. So in 2 days I will have Miami Connection, The Room, Story of Ricky and Samurai Cop on my shelf. What will I do with my life after I have that? That is zenith defined.

R.O.T.O.R would be nice, but it doesn't have the significance.

There's always Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead.

I've been watching videos of people crashing bicycles and it put me in a way better mood. This one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvbkxlPf2ig

Gonzalez

Banned
Fuck the Cosby rapes thing! I hate that it's tainted everything he was involved in. Seriously people how will I ever watch Meteor Man again!?

strobogo

Banned
Gospel Gossip with Stro:

2 Steve Corinthians are worse than 1

“Allow us to boast—and my conscience tells me this is true---....” Mother fucker, you aren't supposed to boast about anything. Mother fucking Paul. First perverter of the words of Jesus. Can't believe it seems 80% of Christianity came from this dude, who was just making up his own rules and traditions in order to convert Gentiles.
iE9HvZpNpEel4.gif

“Don't think I make my plans with ordinary human motives.” This piece of shit is a better human than all of us. Perhaps his plans are divine. I can't believe this shit. I really can't. This dude is clearly hijacking Jesus for his own views and most of Christian doctrine came from him, not Jesus.

The works of Moses are dark and old, but the works of Christ are bright and new. This dude. Really hates Mosaic Law. He shit talks it every chance he gets, at one point going to far as to blame it for a lot of sins, because he didn't even know what coveting was before he read the Law, and he immediately began to covet and sin.
ibkhIn8YTEhPj7.gif

He talks about how these people raised so much money for God and for the apostles, even when they were poor they gave beyond their means. “It is not an order I am giving you, but the opportunity to test your generous love against the earnestness which others show.” “As I say, this is only a suggestion – it's my counsel about what is best for you in this matter.” He's asking for money. A lot of money. All the money these people can give, even if they have no money. But it's just a suggestion. A suggestion by a guy who acts with the same authority as Jesus, and sometimes even more authority than Jesus. A guy who says people are HIS children and HIS sheep, not Jesus'. This is gross.
iPQKm7taQXZBH.gif

“I only ask that I do not have to bully you when I come –for I'll be bold if I need to be---to confront some among you I could name, who think we live by worldly standards.” Yes, this dude, in the name of Jesus, is straight up threatening people to convert/give him money. In the name of Jesus.
tablespoty5q5b.gif

He says that he doesn't feel, “the least bit inferior to the 'super apostles'”, and then goes on to say people saying they are equal with him are “false apostles and deceitful workers”. Wait. What makes him not a false apostle? He didn't live and eat with Jesus. He never met the guy. He was either not born or an infant when Jesus died. Now he's running around trying to create divisions within Christianity and the apostles themselves.

“Are they minsters of Christ? Now I'm really talking like a fool—I am more of one! I have worked much harder, been in prison far more often, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death time and again. Five times I was given thirty-nine lashes by Temple authorities. Three times I was beaten with sticks. They stoned me once. I was shipwrecked three times, once spending a night and a day in the open sea. And I have been constantly on the move—in danger from raging rivers, in danger from highway robbers, in danger from Jews, in danger from Gentiles, in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea and in danger from false sisters and brothers. I have labored long and hard, often going without sleep; I've known hunger and thirst, often going without food; I've been cold and naked. And on top of everything, there is the daily stress of my anxiety for all the churches.” MOTHER FUCKER NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU.
ibkJjAc7Otx0UM.gif

Grand Wizard Galatians

Paul opens this by saying he was appointed through Jesus, not through human agency. That's not true at all. A. Jesus was dead before Paul was even able to understand anything besides either how warm it was in his mom's stomach or shitting himself. B. Even in other books, it never says Jesus appointed him an an apostle. It says Jesus came down to ask him why he was persecuting him so much.
iRFzjNFgLn85o.gif

He goes on to say that even if angels come down preaching something else than the gospel that HE is teaching, then you're all fucked for following it. THEN he goes on to put himself on the same level as Peter, saying The Chosen One appointed him to the Gentiles just like He did for Peter and the Jews. Except Jesus didn't want his followers preaching to the Gentiles to begin with, because he was the Messiah for the Jewish people. But then this fucker says, “”When Peter came to Antioch, however, I opposed him to his face, since he was manifestly in the wrong.” He called out Peter for not acting like a proper Jew and for teaching the wrong shit. Peter. Jesus' favorite disciple, who he put in charge of everything once he was gone. And this late convert has the balls to call this dude out in public and tell him he's wrong about the Good News?
i2vNVJaUDo5Ur.gif

Near the end he is upset because the last time he was visiting, people treated him as if he were God or Jesus himself, yet now they are cold to him. Note that he doesn't say, “I don't compare to them” or anything like that. Just that he's sad he's not being treated like them now.

He ends by going in on the Jews (and probably Peter specifically) saying how they only want to get converts to get circumcised so they can brag to themselves about it.

Ephineas Godwinn

Paul outright states the Jesus is God himself, which has been a pretty wishy-washy subject through out the whole New Testament. Jesus never said he was God, and always deferred to God. There are a few times he uses I AM, which was in reference to Old Testament scripture when God revealed himself, but I feel like there are a lot more cons than pros for Jesus actually being God incarnate. Even before this, Paul almost always refers to them as separate beings. Everyone else seems content with “Son of God” or “Only Begotten”.

Then he says “ no promiscuous, unclean, or lustful” person has any inheritance in the Kingdom of God, which is another direct contradiction of Jesus.

Phillipians Brooks Talking With Paul Levesque

Here, he goes back on Jesus being God and makes it clear that while Christ was created in the image of God, he wasn't an equal to God. Make up your mind, PAL.
tumblr_inline_mzwymo3MYI1rkg7ly.gif

He also continues to dig in on the other apostles, saying they're selfish and doing things for their own glory instead of for Jesus. This mother fucker. I can't believe the Church ran with this guy. What a piece of shit. He also calls Jews, “the mutilators”.
newmason.jpg

Colossians Home Video

This cunt talks more about HIS sacrifices than Jesus'.

More shitting on Mosaic Law, even going so far as to say to not give a shit about the Sabbath if you don't want to.

I fucking hate Paul. This dude is a huckster to the highest degree. He's the first shit head televangelist type. Fuck this guy. It really blows my mind that no one caught on to the shit he was saying. He's clearly not preaching what Jesus taught. He's teaching almost the complete opposite most of the time.
huckster-vs-nacho-man.jpg

cena-simmons-1.gif

Penguin

So far, this PPV has 5 matches... and 2 of them are Divas matches...

We're gonna get some type of match with the Bunny and Adam Rose aren't we? :(

Wonder if HHH will put a member of Team Cena in a solo match with Cesaro or something

Xater

Oh right Survivor Series is today. I honestly completely forgot. Can't wait for the LAW to hear what happened because I am sure as hell not watching.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does this notoriously bad movie have a less fakey fake pipe/bat choreographed scene than the 'critically acclaimed best movie evar since terminator as of the day after it came out' movie?
armedxqi8g.gif

tumblr_myooqhWfAH1r5r8duo8_r1_250.gif

DiscoJon

Banned
Why does this notoriously bad movie have a less fakey fake pipe/bat choreographed scene than the 'critically acclaimed best movie evar since terminator as of the day after it came out' movie?
armedxqi8g.gif

tumblr_myooqhWfAH1r5r8duo8_r1_250.gif
Brother DataDragon, I'm the only other Wrasslegafer that has seen Miami Connection, so. Yeah.

ECW: Constantly shits on WWF and WCW talent

Cyber Slam 1996:

Mr. Hughes, Shane Douglas, Mick Foley, Harris Brothers, Raven, 2 Cold Scorpio, Brian Pillman. All guys who made their names in WCW/WWF or both. Not to mention the recently debuted Bam Big Yellow and Mantaur, and the recently departed Steiner Brothers, Ron Simmons, Steve Austin, Marty Jannetty, Heavenly Bodies, plus the host of dudes showing up for a show or two all through out 1994 and 1995. And the fans popped for all of them.

Yeah that was always baffling to me. Sid was the most over in ECW during his short run. He was never even in a official match. You know damn well the ECW crowd would mark out as all hell if Undertaker all of a sudden showed up and squashed the Dudleys at the ECW arena

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7 - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8 - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9 - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+

Getting pretty amped up for the upcoming Sting storyline. I've watched the last couple of show's with my friend who never watched wrasslin' and it should be fun to watch her reaction. I mean, she's already in to the Nick Patrick being a dirty ref storyline. I'm hoping she's fooled by the faux Sting betrayal leading up to Fall Brawl.

Daniel Bryan beating the shit out of the young bucks

CorruptScarceBlackfly.gif

This is the style I want him wrestling when he comes back. Protects his neck and it's totally believable. Give him a few more submission finishers, and you've got a fantastic wrestler who can wrestle for another decade. I saw him and Aries in ROH and there was pretty much fuck all high flying, and it was the best wrestling match I've seen live.

Kaladin

Tonight is the night.

Bright lights, big crowds.

All is on the line.

Survivor Series is FREE on the WWE Network!

Will The Authority survive to the end of the night, or will John Cena fall?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brother DataDragon, I'm the only other Wrasslegafer that has seen Miami Connection, so. Yeah.

I like how John and Mark are the Rollins and Ambrose of the team. It's incredibly obvious that NO ONE else in their little group knows anything about martial arts and they all fight like the Blue Ranger.

Tonight is the night.

Bright lights, big crowds.

All is on the line.

Survivor Series is FREE on the WWE Network!

Will The Authority survive to the end of the night, or will John Cena fall?

There has to be a huge swerve. If there isn't, they're insane. They're giving this away for free. There has to be a huge ongoing story that spins out of this even to keep people subscribing. But it *can't* be at the cost of tonight's event... because if it's crap... they aren't going to keep subscribing either.

It's going to be really interesting to see if they can pull it off. Survivor series is one of my least favorite PPVs of the year (because all of a sudden every can get beaten in like two minutes) and because of the one I went to in Boston that time (which... yeah, cool I got to see Shaun Michaels wrestle... but I got to see him team with the Great Khali, Rey Mysterio and Cryme Time for some fucking reason).

Still, Edge's return (and the reunion of Edge and Vicki) was cool.

But yeah... it's a really important night.

Zach

There has to be a huge swerve. If there isn't, they're insane. They're giving this away for free. There has to be a huge ongoing story that spins out of this even to keep people subscribing. But it *can't* be at the cost of tonight's event... because if it's crap... they aren't going to keep subscribing either.

It's going to be really interesting to see if they can pull it off. Survivor series is one of my least favorite PPVs of the year (because all of a sudden every can get beaten in like two minutes) and because of the one I went to in Boston that time (which... yeah, cool I got to see Shaun Michaels wrestle... but I got to see him team with the Great Khali, Rey Mysterio and Cryme Time for some fucking reason).

Still, Edge's return (and the reunion of Edge and Vicki) was cool.

But yeah... it's a really important night.

Yeah, I agree. Something crazy has to go down to increase interest if they want the Network to survive. As we all know, though, WWE is pretty, pretty stupid, so we'll see.

Yeah, I agree. Something crazy has to go down to increase interest if they want the Network to survive. As we all know, though, WWE is pretty, pretty stupid, so we'll see.

I'm 50/50 on whether or not they can do a huge swerve without compromising the event. They've been hyping this up more than any recent non mania PPV with the free network thing. I wouldn't remotely put it past them to fumble it now of course... but either way, if they can at least put on another Summerslam level PPV I'll be happy as an existing subscriber.

It'd be a great time for an NXT invasion too... not that I think that's going to happen. But it'd be cool to swerve with some fresh talent instead of some half broken fading star. No disrespect intended to your favorite half broken fading star.

Fox318

It'd be a great time for an NXT invasion too... not that I think that's going to happen. But it'd be cool to swerve with some fresh talent instead of some half broken fading star. No disrespect intended to your favorite half broken fading star.
Didn't cena defeat the last invasion all by himself handcuffed to the ring with a broken arm and suffering from a possibly fatal std?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, friend Disco Inferno, you should watch Ninja Turf. It's the same director, and it has so many similarities to Miami Connection that it's like a mad lib of the same movie.

DMczaf

Roman Reigns AND Randy Orton?

Holy shit! They are pulling out all the stops for the biggest Survivor Series in WWE history!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roll call for Survivor Series tonight.

If you're watchin, feel free to come by our IRC.

Top Bottom