• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Current Gen Games over 500k (Halo moves up, two new million sellers)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I think SSB:M still has a decent amount of sales ahead of it at a budget price. IMO, it's conceivable that it will move up a few places before everything's said and done.

jedimike

Blazing Sword said:
this is U.S. numbers only right? this game deserves to be more than a million seller.

It'll probably cross the million mark (WW)... it's already met the criteria for a platinum hit. Like Kotor, Ninja Gaiden will continue to have steady monthly sales.

AirBrian

jedimike said:
It'll probably cross the million mark (WW)... it's already met the criteria for a platinum hit. Like Kotor, Ninja Gaiden will continue to have steady monthly sales.
There's criteria for a game to be considered a "platinum hit"? ;)

jarrod

Banned
jedimike said:
I dunno, Ninja Gaiden's sales have stalled fast... I think 650k tops is what it can expect in the USA, maybe just over a million worldwide if PAL sales are exceptionally strong? How well did DOAX do?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I wonder if GTA will be able to hit 20 million in just the US after San Andreas has been out for 18 months or so. The previous two still sell at a decent clip each month.

How well do you guys think GTA: SA can sell? As in the upper limit, assuming it's not crappy, gets great reviews, great media exposure, etc.

GTA: VC has sold ~6.7 million (with the double pack) already.

The userbase when GTA: VC was launched was ~13 million US.
The userbase when GTA: SA launches should be twice that at ~26 million.

I'm expecting it to sell slightly better that GTA: SA, which would be a tremendous accomplishment all its own, but boy, this thing could seriously BLOW UP.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I'm prediciting it wont do better than VC.
For the record, I also didnt think VC would do better than III.

So what, i've been wrong once. But that's all :p

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
sonycowboy:

Do you happen to know the totals for the Gamecube version of Pac-Man World 2 and the Player's choice version?

jarrod

Banned
JJConrad said:
sonycowboy:

Do you happen to know the totals for the Gamecube version of Pac-Man World 2 and the Player's choice version?
Yeah, I'm still not sure why Pac-Man World 2 GC has different SKUs when Silent Hill 2 PS2 didn't (despite both having extra content). :/

JJConrad said:
sonycowboy:

Not sure which version is which.

359 GCN PAC-MAN PLAYER'S BND NAMCO 254,172
385 GCN PAC-MAN WORLD 2 NAMCO 239,360
895 GCN PAC-MAN FEVER NAMCO 95,228

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I don't think seven million units over the course of it's shelf life is out of the question. I guess it would depend on how well software sales are overall next year. Things tend to drop a bit in a system's fifth year. I remember Final Fantasy IX sold less than the previous two, but it probably didn't help that Dreamcast was already out and PS2 was launching. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But the sales average between the three GTA games this gen is gonna be at least six million units, which is pretty phenomenal.

Top Bottom