• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

In that case, the FE is step-up-able, and I was only in queue from 3/29 to 4/7.
Outstanding. Considering I have a 1080 and 3 months of "step up" range, I'll watch what the options become over the next couple of months. If the SC becomes available for the program, I'll just step up. If not, I'll go FE. I might list the unopened 1080 FTW with some small discount to see if there are any buyers at might enable me to accelerate the process a bit. We'll see. Time is on side for a change.

Jumpman

Update on getting my free game through MSI:

I contacted them and they claim all vouchers must come from the retailer which I've seen before but did not happen in this case. I then contacted newegg and described the situation. They claim the promotion didn't start with my card until April 11th ( I purchased mine on the 6th) which is weird since this has been the Nvidia promotion for months for all high end cards. But they didn't hesitate to send me a voucher so that speaks well to their customer service.

So long story short, I got my game and I'm happy.

I contacted them and they claim all vouchers must come from the retailer which I've seen before but did not happen in this case. I then contacted newegg and described the situation. They claim the promotion didn't start with my card until April 11th ( I purchased mine on the 6th) which is weird since this has been the Nvidia promotion for months for all high end cards. But they didn't hesitate to send me a voucher so that speaks well to their customer service.

Awesome. I should try and see if I can get one for my Gaming X as well. Kind of weird that they didn't offer one but did for the other brands.

Weevilone

Was it a Ti? I preordered mine from Nvidia the moment it went live and I got a game, so their explanation is not right.

Jumpman

Was it a Ti? I preordered mine from Nvidia the moment it went live and I got a game, so their explanation is not right.

Yes, a 1080 ti Gaming X. The whole situation was weird. But I've seen offers appear and disappear by the refresh on newegg product pages. So sometimes you don't know if you're stepping in to trouble. But at least the situation was resolved without a hassle.

Awesome. I should try and see if I can get one for my Gaming X as well. Kind of weird that they didn't offer one but did for the other brands.

It wouldn't hurt. What's funny is now that newegg took care of me I get both the game, and the season pass offer from the MSI registration site. Not bad. :)

BLeCfXe.jpg

Time to try this one out and see how it compares.

My Strix OC should be getting delivered today (last day before Easter)... Gonna do the same thing as a few other people in here, try it out and then go back to Persona 5. :p

The Dude

So here's one.... Got my Aorus and what do ya know my old Corsair 750w finally isn't able to help me. I just didn't realize how old it was by now and I can't achieve the 2nd 8 pin connector. So I have this amazing card and had to order a new psu which comes Friday, fuck my life!

So here's one.... Got my Aorus and what do ya know my old Corsair 750w finally isn't able to help me. I just didn't realize how old it was by now and I can't achieve the 2nd 8 pin connector. So I have this amazing card and had to order a new psu which comes Friday, fuck my life!

You can't use the adapters or new cables on your PSU?

So the Zotac card is a monster, it's just a little bit bigger than the Aorus I think because it is a solid design as opposed to the Aorus more "aerodynamic" look.

Been running it in heaven at stock settings and it's running at 2037MHz and been sitting at around 65c with some jumps into 66c after running the card for almost 30 minutes. The STRIX and Gaming X were around 68-69 and 70-71 respectively. Fans are a bit more quiet than the other 2.

Coil whine is at a minimum on this card compared to the other 3 brands I've tested. I am definitely impressed with it so far. Will have to try messing around with clocks and fan curves to see how it performs/sounds.

The Dude

Nope, i have my 2 pcie cables that are 6 pin go to one single 8 pin. After that I have 2 molex with an adapter that gave me another 6 pin. That was how I ran all my other gpus obviously, 8 and 6 pin. My 1080 only needed the 8 pin which was fine and worked well enough but I can't achieve 2 8 pins. If that splitter coming out of the molex was to an 8 pin I could but it's only a 6.

Im stupid for simply not upgrading my Psu, it's never been a Pc part that I get to nuts over. It was 750w and everything ran so I just moved it into recent builds but it's now old as hell.

Just sucks. But I will say it was awesome unboxing this beast.

The Dude

I just haven't even given it much thought, bought an 850 G3 Supernova tho so I'll shove that up my pcs ass. But just sucks... I was so pumped to get the card today

Orion514

Now you're scaring me. Where can I go online to check if my PSU has enough adapters or what would the specs need to say to confirm I can get two 8 pins out of it?

Now you're scaring me. Where can I go online to check if my PSU has enough adapters or what would the specs need to say to confirm I can get two 8 pins out of it?

Is it a modular PSU? Then check your box, see if you've kept your cables.

If it's a non-modular PSU, then open your case and see if you've got the extra 8 pin lying around inside.

2 x 8 PCIe connectors or 2 x 6+2 PCIe connectors is what you are most likely to see. Can't you check your power supply directly?

Orion514

Yeah, I think I'm good. I have This PSU, and it says it has four 6+2 pin.

Apologies for my ignorance of hardware, I'm just getting into this game heh. My first build was a couple years ago and all i've upgraded since then were GPU's.

Oohhh my new parts just arrived to go with my Aorus 1080ti

7700k, gigabyte aorus gaming 5 mobo and 3600 MHz G skill RAM

Last PC I went mid range so this time going a little closer to high end :)

Yaari

I read a review on the ZOTAC Amp that got me quite interested in the card. Sadly its nowhere to be seen within Europe yet, but I guess that gives me some time to find more impressions.

PFD

So the Zotac card is a monster, it's just a little bit bigger than the Aorus I think because it is a solid design as opposed to the Aorus more "aerodynamic" look.

Been running it in heaven at stock settings and it's running at 2037MHz and been sitting at around 65c with some jumps into 66c after running the card for almost 30 minutes. The STRIX and Gaming X were around 68-69 and 70-71 respectively. Fans are a bit more quiet than the other 2.

Coil whine is at a minimum on this card compared to the other 3 brands I've tested. I am definitely impressed with it so far. Will have to try messing around with clocks and fan curves to see how it performs/sounds.

It reaches 2037MHz with stock settings? jesus

It reaches 2037MHz with stock settings? jesus

That's what it's reporting unless things are wrong on my afterburner and heaven.

Seems pretty high to me so something might be up.

I added a custom fan curve that I was using with the other cards and I can't even hear any difference and got the card down to a solid 60-61c in heaven.

Pagusas

Elden Member
That's what it's reporting unless things are wrong on my afterburner and heaven.

I added a custom fan curve that I was using with the other cards and I can't even hear any difference and got the card down to a solid 60-61c in heaven.

Nothing weird about that, my Gaming X stays at 2025 through most stress test and benchmarks. I'd fully expect the Zotac to be the most stable high frequency card. I dont think she's ever fallen down to the "official" boost of 1700ish.

Haint

Have come so close to hitting submit, but HDMI 2.0 is killing it. As I will be hooking up to 4K TV's, this is a lot to drop on a GPU that will be connector obsolete in 4-6 months. What are the odds we see revamped Ti's with HDMI 2.1 in a few months? Think Vega is far enough out to include it?

AtlAntA

Have come so close to hitting submit, but HDMI 2.0 is killing it. As I will be hooking up to 4K TV's, this is a lot to drop on a GPU that will be connector obsolete in 4-6 months. What are the odds we see revamped Ti's with HDMI 2.1 in a few months? Think Vega is far enough out to include it?

There might be adapters coming that do DisplayPort to hdmi?

laxu

Some of the features of HDMI 2.1 could be implemented with a firmware or software update. With zero 2.1 devices on the market, we most likely won't see it in devices until next year the earliest so if you want to make sure you have it, wait for Volta.

It's possible. My card starts with a boost to 2025Ghz until the temp hits about 60C in Heaven and then drops to 1987Ghz

dr_rus

Odds of Pascal getting HDMI 2.1 are close to none I think as 2.1 is a h/w change from 2.0. Volta will most likely support it.

Vega might have it as it's launching after the specs draft was published and there's already an implementation of it in Scorpio's APU which is AMD made.

Pagusas

Elden Member

If you plan on buying a tv in the next 2 years then for sure wait, if not then you won't be missing anything as no equipment supports it yet. Also I hope your ready to upgrade your whole setup as you'll need a new av reciever too if you are using one.

Top Bottom