• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role

What kind of laughter?

Results are only viewable after voting.

~Kinggi~

Banned
apparently trump was joking about police brutality.

a real fucking funny thing to joke about. /s

I mean if you listen to his speech he wasnt joking, he really was just like 'hey you guys, i mean for real you dont have to be nice to a criminal, you can beat his head against the door as you put him in the cop car'.

Shauni

I'm not sure I buy this Kelly thing to be honest. Feels too much like a deflection off Trump for hiring and firing a guy in the span of a weekend

If the thing about everyone reporting to Kelly is true, I can see Trump having a tantrum at 3AM someday when people keep talking about that and firing him out of the blue.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I mean if you listen to his speech he wasnt joking, he really was just like 'hey you guys, i mean for real you dont have to be nice to a criminal, you can beat his head against the door as you put him in the cop car'.

oh i know he wasn't joking. the fact shes saying trump was joking is an insult to our intelligence.

liquidtmd

Banned
Scaramucci:

"I got a new job, I got a job I'm gonna answer to no-one"!

giphy.gif

"I'm fucking untouchable bitch"

giphy.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"You said the President didn't like his language. With the President not being unfamiliar with said language could you explain which comments exactly were inappropiate"

I'm fcking dead.

yep. Pretty sure her reply basically meant that he's fired because he said something about Bannon (or least like about Priebus). Not that he actually said "sucks his own cock" or "paranoid schizophrenic" about someone.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I can't see it, she never says anything too left-field, she's one of the most stable public figures of this administration.

I agree, I was watching that conf and was thinking she is probably the MVP of the team at the moment (which is not a lot, mind you). She had an absolute shitshow on her hands, yet she kept her cool, came of as relaxed and even cracked up at the polishing the slate joke. I mean, I can't imagine a harder job than to face the press with stuff like that, and not piss off your boss who is a mad man.

Since he never technically started, the Mooch is pretty fucked.

According to the New York Post, the profit Scaramucci made off the $100 million sale off his stake in Skybridge Capital, the company he founded, is subject to capital gains taxes.

"Under IRS code, a person investing the proceeds of an asset sale — undertaken to avoid a conflict of interest — in an approved way will not pay the higher capital gains taxes until those approved assets are sold," reporter Josh Kosman writes.

Further complicating the situation is George Sifakis, who last week accepted an administration job that Scaramucci was expected to get.

Meanwhile, the Skybridge sale is expected to close in roughly 30 days. That gives the hedge funder roughly 90 days to get that Trump administration job. He would then be able to invest in IRS-approved assets. Otherwise, he'd have to face a tax bill that is millions of dollars higher than expected.

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork...ny-scaramucci-skybridge-capital-tax-bill.html

Sephzilla

I wonder if Donald will eventually just quit.

I still maintain that Trump will resign once it becomes obvious that he's done and facing impeachment. That way he can say both "I was never impeached!" and "I never lost an election". Resigning is Trump's way of justifying saying he was never fired.

Added bonus to this = Trump is almost certainly too stupid to realize that if he resigns that means the feds will immediately descend upon him.

greatgeek

Banned
If the thing about everyone reporting to Kelly is true, I can see Trump having a tantrum at 3AM someday when people keep talking about that and firing him out of the blue.
Kelly is probably doomed. Either he fails to establish order in the WH and is fired because of the resulting negative coverage, or he is successful and fired because of Trump feeling cucked.

This administration is a trainwreck.

He got hired and resigned in the time it took me to get back to the US from honeymoon and get settled back in at work. I haven't read anything about him or where he came from because I was catching up on email all last week and now this.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Guys...what if the Mooch's plan all along was to put the WH into more chaos and make the Trump administration more of a joke?

The man was willing to sacrifice his family for this. What a hero. /s

Top Bottom