• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY |OT| Save 99 Mudokons as The Stitch-Lipped One. Follow me!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I dint recall deactivating bombs being as difficult...

You were playing on a CRT with no input lag.
Someone said you have a four frame window. My TV has 45ms of lag, which is not the best, but far from the worst and better than many plasmas.
That's about three frames at 60fps. So now I have a one frame window instead of four. If the window starts as they start drawing the first frame of green instead of after then I effectively have no window.
Basically, I've just been guessing so far because trying to time it is automatic death every time, while I'm about 33% on just guessing when it will be green while it's red.

Robot Pants

Yea my game is crashing in the scrabania temple the third door on the bottom (from the left) when two scrabs fight it goes to dashboard.

The Lamp

I underestimated this game. I suddenly went from 0 to 49 casualties within 10 minutes of playtime and I haven't even seen any Mudokon during that period.

Just finished the 2nd chapter with all the Mukodons! I don't know how I'm going to get that trophy I've already taken 2 hours on two chapters.

AllenShrz

Someone said you have a four frame window. My TV has 45ms of lag, which is not the best, but far from the worst and better than many plasmas.
That's about three frames at 60fps. So now I have a one frame window instead of four. If the window starts as they start drawing the first frame of green instead of after then I effectively have no window.
Basically, I've just been guessing so far because trying to time it is automatic death every time, while I'm about 33% on just guessing when it will be green while it's red.

I always play on "gaming mode" (Just released bravia) while gaming, and I play a lot Tekken Tag 2 and that's a super sensitive timing game, the tv is ok. After watching this video of the original game , there seems to be a difference on the timing, Im playing on hard BTW.

Anyway, I got the timing figured it out now and I'm really enjoining the game, its beautiful.

I only wish the game where 60fps, the game does suffer from dips but never to the point of affecting game play. I wonder if that's unity's problem.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
When you remote-play it seems like Quick Load doesn't work via the touchscreen.

On DS4 you press once to quick save (that works on Vita as well) but holding the touchscreen doesn't.

GrayFoxPL

But there was no guessing...
Lights blink in patterns. Like red, red, red, green, red, red, green and back to square one.
Also sound fx are different for red and green.

This is for original PS1, but I imagine they didn't change that system?

But there was no guessing...
Lights blink in patterns. Like red, red, red, green, red, red, green and back to square one.
Also sound fx are different for red and green.

This is for original PS1, but I imagine they didn't change that system?

They didn't. Just listen for the beep and deactivate the mine while it's red. By the time your paw touches it, it hits it right at green.

Technically when he posted that, it was Wednesday ;)

Looking forward to when the stores updated though :D

Oh_you.jpg

Rflagg

Can anybody confirm the number of Mudokons is
70 Mudokons
in the first area? I don't want to leave until I am sure and if I understand the map I have them all.

Edit: I loaded the save when I messed up and that is the number. :)

Inspectorg

Neo Member
Gah... Being in Aussie land is the worst for this. I can never work out when it will update and be up. Keep refreshing the store to see it. Must download ASAP... Can't wait much longer... Hearing reviews and impressions is making me way to impatient!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They didn't. Just listen for the beep and deactivate the mine while it's red. By the time your paw touches it, it hits it right at green.

On my setup the audio is delayed to match the video. I guess I'll eventually figure out what it looks and sounds like 45ms before the change.
But are you saying there was a control delay on PSone?

I always play on "gaming mode" (Just released bravia) while gaming, and I play a lot Tekken Tag 2 and that's a super sensitive timing game, the tv is ok. After watching this video of the original game , there seems to be a difference on the timing, Im playing on hard BTW.

Depending on which Bravia it is it may have only one frame of lag.
But I was already assuming game mode was on.

Tohsaka

Anyway, I got the timing figured it out now and I'm really enjoining the game, its beautiful.

I only wish the game where 60fps, the game does suffer from dips but never to the point of affecting game play. I wonder if that's unity's problem.

I have a Bravia too, and I think I've pretty much gotten the timing for the bombs down. I managed to get it three times in a row via quikloading so I think I'm good.

gafneo

Banned
Had to get this the moment it came out. It is so different from other games. When you play it, you feel like you've been transported to a different place in time. Not a time we are familiar with, but a time that could have happened if we went in a different direction. The characters are all so very original. I've never seen any of species much like the mudokons. I could go on and on. See it for yourself.

Stuart444

Sooner the better, not had the best sleep (3 bloody hours or so. :/ this heat is impacting my sleep now) and would like to play this game before I get too tired to lol. (clear mind needed for some of these puzzles :p)

Yea my game is crashing in the scrabania temple the third door on the bottom (from the left) when two scrabs fight it goes to dashboard.

My game just crashed in the same exact spot!

Hey guys,
Are you playing the SCEA or SCEE version?

Also, do you have the SCEA Day 1 patch installed?

My project manager tells me this was an issue that was being addressed in the Day 1 patch.

Cheers

Stewart

Autofokus

Sorry if it was already communicated, but I couldn't find anything.
Any ETA for the PS3/Vita versions?

Hey guys,
Are you playing the SCEA or SCEE version?
We filthy europeans are still waiting, so I assume all those reports are coming from the SCEA version.

TAJ

Bombs....

Bombs, brehs. Like the hardest enemy in the game.

I can get it every time now through experimentation, but the timing makes no sense.

No, the toughest enemy in the game so far is needing to stand in a certain spot with nothing to indicate that. (Or just things not registering. I can't figure out which.)
For example, I spent 20 minutes playing the bells before that door opened.

gotoadgo

This is quite annoying being from Australia. We're tied to a completely different time zone for our store and as such we get it two days later. Sigh…

Top Bottom