• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's not an experiment. Varitek can hardly move, hurt. Salty is banged up, can possibly go in later in the game.
I mean batting him 5th. Is their no other RHB they trust? Why not move Scutaro to 2nd and Pedroia 5th?

Brinbe

OMG, are you kidding me, Astros?
KuGsj.gif

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
I mean batting him 5th. Is their no other RHB they trust? Why not move Scutaro to 2nd and Pedroia 5th?
Lineup has been getting moved all around. Francona said he wanted his four best hitters leading off the lineup. For Lavarnway, he probably wanted to get that right handed batter next to Drew.

A Black Falcon said:
They've been trying a lot of lineups recently, to try to find something that works... and Lavarnway can hit.
It's so hard to put a rookie in a playoff situation like that and ask to produce though. I get what you're saying.

Konex Braves.

sangreal

I had a feeling the Rays would lose tonight. They already lost to the pitching scrap heap last week. Not looking all that great for the Sox either though

eloestmn

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Andrew Jones is my favorite baseball player.
What a site it was to see him throw someone out at home plate from the outfield. Loved him as a Brave, now as a Yank hes just dead to me.

Speaking of the Braves, still a few innings left for them to choke. :(

The chances of the Rays losing is looking better and better, but the Sox game is a lot closer... I just hope they can hang on and win this. A one run margin is kind of nervewracking though. :)

The Frankman said:
It's so hard to put a rookie in a playoff situation like that and ask to produce though. I get what you're saying.

Konex Braves.
They tried Crawford in 2nd, he went 3 for 20 or something so he was dropped back to 8th... he occasionally gets some good hits, the problem is it isn't often enough. They tried Lowrie in 4th yesterday, he went 0-5 and isn't playing today. Now it's Lavarnway in 5th, after his two HRs yesterday. He's 0-3 so far, but did get some good contact on one of those outs, and he is playing solid defense as catcher.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:
Or if Braun has an 0-fer it makes no difference either way...

The award makes no difference no matter who wins it. That Reyes pulled himself out of the game because he didn't think he could maintain the lead under normal circumstances tells me all I need to know about Jose Reyes.

Sanjuro

eloestmn said:
What a site it was to see him throw someone out at home plate from the outfield. Loved him as a Brave, now as a Yank hes just dead to me.

Speaking of the Braves, still a few innings left for them to choke. :(
It was a reference to a prior post from the season. Quite possibly from one you made, I forget who.

eznark said:
Cheese Reyes wins the batting title. Enjoy the post-season from your couch, coward.
Willie-Harris-pushes-Jose-Reyes.jpg

Jose-Reyes-thanks-the-fans-1.jpg

Jose-Reyes-salutes.jpg

exciting. thrilling. Exciting. Thrilling! Exciting! THRILLING! THRILLINGTHRILLINGTHRILLING!!!

OH BAH GAWD, BATTING TITLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom