• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
AKABalla do you plan to extend the league to the online website that you can make at 2ksports.com? If so I'd be willing to help.

Please be on the lookout for website admin approval... Thanks for your help...

BTW for everyone Konex, Zep & Truelize will be co admin's for game resets and trade approvals... If anyone else is interested please let me know.

Does everyone want to have the league flex? We will have to be strict as how to handle the flex option. Playing each week in order and your opponet needs to have the same amount of weeks played in order for you to play...

How does that sound? Thats how im running it for the preseason..

Oh and BTW if play ahead and not in order the game will be reset.. no exceptions!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:

BTW for everyone Konex, Zep & Truelize will be co admin's for game resets and trade approvals... If anyone else is interested please let me know.

Does everyone want to have the league flex? We will have to be strict as how to handle the flex option. Playing each week in order and your opponet needs to have the same amount of weeks played in order for you to play...

Oh and BTW if play ahead and not in order the game will be reset.. no exceptions!

Flex is a really bad idea cause players like DM and Matrix will have their entire seasons done in 4 days and then everything else will fall apart. I can understand opening 2 weeks at a time if possible, but flex is a disaster.

AkaBalla

Truelize said:
Flex is a really bad idea cause players like DM and Matrix will have their entire seasons done in 4 days and then everything else will fall apart. I can understand opening 2 weeks at a time if possible, but flex is a disaster.

Flex is a disaster if you open all games.. Like i said.. Ex.

In order to play your week 2 game you and your opponet will have to be done with your week 1 game.. If any of us notice games being completed not following this format the games will be reset.. I'm sure people wont play games ahead of schedule if there games will be reset... But with that said we will still sim games by the deadline..

AkaBalla said:
Chris James you avail tonight @ 9:30pm est?

Yeah, I think so. I'll let you know if I can't. A little later than that would work better for me (10-10:30). But if that doesn't work for you then I should be able to play at 9:30.

I also think the flex schedule is a bad idea, and I'm on the fence regarding the modified flex sched...

Also, I'd be willing to be an admin. if you need anymore, but no problem if not.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, I think so. I'll let you know if I can't. A little later than that would work better for me (10-10:30). But if that doesn't work for you then I should be able to play at 9:30.

We can work it out on aim

ChrisJames said:
Also, I'd be willing to be an admin. if you need anymore, but no problem if not.

Thanks for the offer.. I will update the admin status sometime tonight.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:

Alright kool, I'll log on and check.

About flex schedule, I wouldn't do it. In my previous leagues I used flex schedule, and while it sounds nice on paper in practice it creates a lot of problems.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Please vote on the poll...

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=191806

Admin's have been granted access for the Preseason... Smokey do your work!

BTW i may end up creating the regular season so we can start as soon as the preseason ends. (which could be in 14-17 days).. Get the preseason games in fellas..

I'm at work now, so when I get home I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: Apparently you can't login right now. it says DB Error Connect failed when I try.

Shamrock

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Shamrock you are going to be using the Nuggets for the preseason.. Once we start the regular season u need to switch teams..

If I need to switch for the regular season then I will take the Clippers.

AkaBalla

GG Chris... I wish there was a way to change free throw difficulty... Other than that it seemed like a flawless game.. Whats ur thoughts?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,when do you want to play our preseason game?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
gg new person.

to the rest of the new people

be careful what you wish for.

Smokey

jobber said:
gg new person.

to the rest of the new people

be careful what you wish for.

yep great pre-season game. it was the 2nd game ive played w/ the magic so now I got a bit of an idea on who can do what.

and im glad i got to play you, if anything despite losing, i feel better because your supposed to be top dog on 2K and once I get my lineup down Ima be straight. I was with you until the game started letting you make contested 3's(for the most part)..which leads me to:

IMO:

1. The 3 pt slider should be turned down. It's ridiculous the amount of 3s somebody can make. It's not just this league, it's in any online game really but since we can control the sliders in this league IMO I think it needs to be turned down a little.

2. Foul slider should be turned up. I kept purposely trying to foul jobber and they game wouldn't call anything so I kept reaching all day long.

3. Layup slider should slide up a bit.

GG though:D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I was feeling your game out for the most part in the 1st. Once I knew your style, I started shooting jumpers and defending harder. I stopped playing my game in the 3rd so you only got 1 1/2 quarters of what I can do.

Juan, I don't want cabbage patch. He's not even in the NBA anymore :\

Smokey

jobber said:
I was feeling your game out for the most part in the 1st. Once I knew your style, I started shooting jumpers and defending harder. I stopped playing my game in the 3rd so you only got 1 1/2 quarters of what I can do.

Juan, I don't want cabbage patch. He's not even in the NBA anymore :\

I know I could tell.

AkaBalla said:
GG Chris... I wish there was a way to change free throw difficulty... Other than that it seemed like a flawless game.. Whats ur thoughts?

Yeah, GG.

Free throw's are definitely too tough. This becomes apparent in the final minute of a close game.

I think close shots/layups could be turned up a little, but overall it was about perfect gameplay wise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jobber is a cream puff,he's like Mr.Bob.

True,thanks for sending me a message on live meant for Chris :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
True,when do you want to play our preseason game?

Tomorrow night either before my Madden game with Vegas or after. I can play at 10 est or later. Let me know.

Matrix said:
True,thanks for sending me a message on live meant for Chris :lol

:lol Did I? Sorry dude.

Matrix

After 10 pm est is good,ill post in here around 10:30ish or so to see if you still want to play.

haha it was like GG Chris and said something about stat taking for madden

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
After 10 pm est is good,ill post in here around 10:30ish or so to see if you still want to play.

haha it was like GG Chris and said something about stat taking for madden

:lol I'm dumb. Yeah I promise I'll play. Don't worry about that. Now I have to set something up with Mr.Vegas.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
stall him out jobber....

because of your gloating I have decided to retract my statement and initiate the bringing of the ruckus upon you... when I get back from my business trip...

K

Smokey

Been playing online all day and I started noticing something. If you're the away team good luck w/ layups and pretty much anything around the basket. I found that out today. I noticed it when I was the away team and I noticed it when I was home(I could make the majority of my layups but he could not)?? It happens on shots as well as free throws. I don't understand how 2K could mess up online like they have w/ regards to how their online sliders are set.

Anyone on my preseason schedule, I should be able to play basically any time tonight. Just let me know in here or on XBL if you want to play.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Anyone on my preseason schedule, I should be able to play basically any time tonight. Just let me know in here or on XBL if you want to play.

Calm down killer.. U can only play your week 2 game if your week 2 opponet has completed there week 1 game..

AkaBalla

oldschoolpinball said:
wow...i had no idea that this much was involved with the season play of 2k8...count me in. I will get the game next week

You can be on the waiting list.. I will post it on the OP

AkaBalla

Houston (Matrix) @ Cleveland (Truelize)
Utah (Malley) @ Atlanta (SniffinDrawz)
Phoenix (Shawn) @ Charlotte (GCQuinton)
New York (DCX) @ Milwaukee (widgetraf)
Washington (Jube) @ Denver (Shamrock)

Whats the status of these games?

I know Malley will be out of town for the next few days.. I have not heard anything on the others...

Matrix

I should be playing True around 10:30 tonight.

I'll be posting in here around then to make sure our game is still on.

edit- my net/or router is acting crappy again :\ true,if im not posting in here or logged onto xbox live at 10:30 that means my net is down.

Matrix

true,can you play now? My internet is working ok right now and I think it could go down :\ I had to reboot stuff and I have no clue if it will continue to work the rest of the night.

This is getting annoying,Time Warner Road Runner Cable is awful! >_<

GCQuinton

AkaBalla said:
Houston (Matrix) @ Cleveland (Truelize)
Utah (Malley) @ Atlanta (SniffinDrawz)
Phoenix (Shawn) @ Charlotte (GCQuinton)
New York (DCX) @ Milwaukee (widgetraf)
Washington (Jube) @ Denver (Shamrock)

Whats the status of these games?

I know Malley will be out of town for the next few days.. I have not heard anything on the others...

I'll be able to get my game in tomorrow. I'll get in touch with the Phoenix owner.

Matrix

Aka give True the win in preseason,he was dominating me and 2k or something booted us.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Aka give True the win in preseason,he was dominating me and 2k or something booted us.

Cool. It's only preseason. The only player that really caught for you was Head. He went off for a bit there.

I told everyone how offensive based this game is though, I had to take Bron out from stopping him from committing murder. The game just makes crap up for you when you are hot. Hitting a three and getting fouled??? Sure Bron does that ALL THE TIME. :lol

Rebounding works though. I'm happy with that. Free throw timing is horrible. Is there anyway to make that easier?

Matrix do you use the X button to shoot still?

Top Bottom