• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Smokey

Matrix said:
Aka give True the win in preseason,he was dominating me and 2k or something booted us.

I just want to say...I envy you.

I played with the Rockets for most of the day online and they are beast like. Once I found out some plays to run for Tracy and Yao and had everybody else contribute here and there it was nice. Sadly the Magic are not as deep as the Rockets, but hey there's always trades!!

That loss to Jobber yesterday woke me the hell up and I was practicing all day w/ isomotion and post moves online. Went over to Operationsports.com and printed out the isomotion moves and went into practice mode and stayed there until I got every single move down, and when I went back online it made the game much much easier.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey Bones said:
Been playing online all day and I started noticing something. If you're the away team good luck w/ layups and pretty much anything around the basket. I found that out today. I noticed it when I was the away team and I noticed it when I was home(I could make the majority of my layups but he could not)?? It happens on shots as well as free throws. I don't understand how 2K could mess up online like they have w/ regards to how their online sliders are set.

QFT I noticed the same home/way thing that Smokey has.

True you have to admit I was missng some stupid ass layups in our game *road team* and you were making everything inside.

I also hate playing D with this stupid lockdown shit.No true skill in this years versions and Offensive players like Lebron are just impossible to shut down unless you double all game.

True,did you feel a slight lag? I couldnt time by wide open shots like I was against Dm,but you looked like you were having no problems.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
QFT I noticed the same home/way thing that Smokey has.

True you have to admit I was missng some stupid ass layups in our game *road team* and you were making everything inside.

I also hate playing D with this stupid lockdown shit.No true skill in this years versions and Offensive players like Lebron are just impossible to shut down unless you double all game.

I don't even bother with the lockdown stuff much, I find it takes me outta position quite a bit. You were missing layups with players that had the gatorade symbol following them like the grim reaper. I don't recall you missing anything that was wideopen or one on one man.

Using the X button or the right stick to shoot?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I switch it up.I use the stick more,but it wasnt working.I went to X with Head and he got hot :lol

Yea the fatigue was kinda pissing me off,Yao was down to 65 and wouldnt hardly get any stamina up.After half he was at 80 :\ Yet Big Z wasnt getting tired at all.

I know Yao has baby lungs,but ughhh.

'I don't even bother with the lockdown stuff much, I find it takes me outta position quite a bit."

I noticed that too in our game,it would screw my whole D play up and guys would be left wideopen if I couldnt lock on.I was playing like a total spaz,I think its cause I was so f-ing worried about Lebron.

edit- and YES FTS online are awful.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I switch it up.I use the stick more,but it wasnt working.I went to X with Head and he got hot :lol

Yea the fatigue was kinda pissing me off,Yao was down to 65 and wouldnt hardly get any stamina up.After half he was at 80 :\ Yet Big Z wasnt getting tired at all.

I know Yao has baby lungs,but ughhh.

'I don't even bother with the lockdown stuff much, I find it takes me outta position quite a bit."

I noticed that too in our game,it would screw my whole D play up and guys would be left wideopen if I couldnt lock on.I was playing like a total spaz,I think its cause I was so f-ing worried about Lebron.

Big Z was on the bench 5 minutes into the game and then came back for a stretch in the second quarter. My 4 post players split time pretty evenly. You didn't even make a sub except for your pg until the first quarter was almost over.
It's tough to read what the other guy is doing though. But I'm positive you didn't sub much at all. I still don't let my guys get below 80, never have. Not unless they are hot.

I haven't tried using the X button to shoot since my first game of the demo. I can't get it to work, I'm amazed that anyone can.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Big Z was on the bench 5 minutes into the game and then came back for a stretch in the second quarter. My 4 post players split time pretty evenly. You didn't even make a sub except for your pg until the first quarter was almost over.
It's tough to read what the other guy is doing though. But I'm positive you didn't sub much at all. I still don't let my guys get below 80, never have. Not unless they are hot.

I haven't tried using the X button to shoot since my first game of the demo. I can't get it to work, I'm amazed that anyone can.

:lol what

I find myself switching a lot. I always use the ST when driving to the lane though.

Matrix

Here's the problem :lol The Rockets have no backup center for Yao on the roster or maybe I needed to edit my roster before we played.

I had no backup center other than my PF Hayes and he was also my backup for Scola.Both Yao and Scola got in foul trouble and were tired all the time,so I had to use Shane at 4 and in this game you need O so I just didnt pull Yao as fast as I should have,I still didnt expect his stamina to go down as quickly as it did.

I used every pg I had and finally went back to James.I couldnt buy a shot with Bonzi so I put Head at 2 and it started to work.The only player that I didnt sub once was T-mac,I couldnt afford that after I went down so quickly and with Yao dying out there.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
learning ISOmotion isn't going to help you none. If you knew the same iso moves from 2K5, that's all you need. Learning the release points of shots and when/when not to turn on that stupid defense crap is the key to victory.

Smokey

jobber said:
learning ISOmotion isn't going to help you none. If you knew the same iso moves from 2K5, that's all you need. Learning the release points of shots and when/when not to turn on that stupid defense crap is the key to victory.

no ACTUALLY it's done differently this year, which is what I was talking about. geez.

jobber

Smokey Bones said:
no ACTUALLY it's done differently this year, which is what I was talking about. geez.

o_O

you're right...it's done differently, but the new stuff doesn't help me out any. If it helps you a ton then iso away.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Here's the problem :lol The Rockets have no backup center for Yao on the roster or maybe I needed to edit my roster before we played.

I had no backup center other than my PF Hayes and he was also my backup for Scola.Both Yao and Scola got in foul trouble and were tired all the time,so I had to use Shane at 4 and in this game you need O so I just didnt pull Yao as fast as I should have,I still didnt expect his stamina to go down as quickly as it did.

I used every pg I had and finally went back to James.I couldnt buy a shot with Bonzi so I put Head at 2 and it started to work.The only player that I didnt sub once was T-mac,I couldnt afford that after I went down so quickly and with Yao dying out there.

Oh I forgot that your bench is all pgs. That is a mess. :lol Who the heck is Scola anyways? I can see you doing some trades immediately to fix your depth. Luckily the star players seem to either not tire easily or they get their energy back faster cause Bron rarely needs to sit in my offline 8 min quarter games. The player on my team that has the best endurance is Gibson, dude rarely drops into the 80's if timeouts, fouls and such occur, he's the energizer rabbit.

Matrix

Ask Jobber who Scola is :lol

jobber

Truelize said:
Is Scola, Jobber's daddy? :)

Drafted by the Spurs..played overseas...Spurs didn't want to pay the buyout on his contract...former Rockets front office guy that now works for the Spurs trades Scola to the Rockets (insider trading) for a piece of pie.

Smokey

jobber said:
o_O

you're right...it's done differently, but the new stuff doesn't help me out any. If it helps you a ton then iso away.

:lol

srry I typed that after Madden ruined a classic game between me and Wellington so I'm a little pissed.

But yeah I couldn't do isomotion at all because I couldn't get used to doing it w/ the left stick, so I had no way to break down my defenders to even get a little space for a jumpshot, so I hit the practice gym hard today until I got that shit down and it's really helped me out(on a 8 game win streak) because I can actually do a move create some space and have a good chance of knocking down the jumpshot(2k8's pretty generous w/ jumpshots this yr).

There, that's how I should've said it before.

Smokey

Sniffindrawz:)lol ) you need to play your week 1 game so I can therefore play you in week 2. I need to get some preseason games under my belt!!

jobber

for your sliders

on 8 minutes offline I'm averaging 90ppg so 8-9 minutes may be your sweet spot

Of course I'm averaging 30ppg with Duncan, so your results may fluctuate.

1 thing that bugs the hell out of me

please disregard the free throw messages...I have Real Free Throw percentage on and I know the exact spot to release the ball for each of my players. I've made 4-5 free throws when the message says very late and missed some when it says perfect.

My advice, practice free throws offline. Learn to release right before the player's arms go forward. No matter what the message says up top, as long as you move the stick straight, it should go in.

Online is awful because I don't know how much it lags. In 2K7, you would release before you would if the game was offline and it would be perfect.

AkaBalla

It seems as well with free throws that with the different camera angles it's a different release point.. Thats what i notice..

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
Houston (Matrix) @ Cleveland (Truelize)
Utah (Malley) @ Atlanta (SniffinDrawz)
Phoenix (Shawn) @ Charlotte (GCQuinton)
New York (DCX) @ Milwaukee (widgetraf)
Washington (Jube) @ Denver (Shamrock)

Whats the status of these games?

I know Malley will be out of town for the next few days.. I have not heard anything on the others...

1 down 3 more to go due to Malley's situation... Lets go!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
It seems as well with free throws that with the different camera angles it's a different release point.. Thats what i notice..

I agree. I wish they could just keep the camera angle at the side, I find it easier with that angle.

AkaBalla

Guys i tweaked the sliders a bit.. I raised layup success and also toned done 3 pointers by 2 points...

Malleymal said:
What up, I am in town for a couple days, I can play a game or two after work today.. .sniffin draws??

Jube knows this sniffindrawz character.. Whats his Aim Jube????

Jube3

his aim is: xSniffinDrawz
Gamertag: SniffinDrawz

He can play today or anytime afternoon this weekend malley. He sent you an xbox message too.

Also I played shamrock but our xboxs froze or d/ced so we're gonna replay our game today.

AkaBalla

OP is updated... No trade lists!!!! I wanna hear the complaints.. I am the only team with 3 no trade players..Everyone has at least 2... I could have made some with 3 but i guess we can have some big names involved in trade talks, just the ones who i didn't include on the OP.

Game 2 deadline is on Monday @ 11 pm est.. Be on the lookout for the Regular season being created in the next few days...

Please let me know if you wont be playing.

jobber

:lol holy shit

playing the Bulls offline down 1 with 1.5 in OT

I toss it inbounds to Horry and he shoots a 3 (crowd yelling 3!).....nothing but net.......

you remember that Grant Hill video where he falls to the ground?

2 of the Bulls do the same thing after the basket :lol

dgkw0h.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7DisaK7ye4

Fifty

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Those are some bad headaches they have! Either that or Mecca is beckoning to them stronger than ever.

JuanMR2

AkaBalla said:
The Season is up!

GAF Season 3

pwd: thetruth

Doesn't look like I'm going to get my 360 back as quickly as I thought. I still haven't received the shipping box from microsoft. Put me down as a replacement just in case someone flakes mid-season.

AkaBalla

JuanMR2 said:
Doesn't look like I'm going to get my 360 back as quickly as I thought. I still haven't received the shipping box from microsoft. Put me down as a replacement just in case someone flakes mid-season.

Dam it Juan that sucks........

Sorry I was MIA for the weekend. I went up north on Thursday and forgot to tell you guys.

I'll join season 3 tonight.

Jobber if you want to play our preseason game I'll be able to in 2-3 hours.

jobber

i hope you're not advancing tonight because we tried for 3 hours last night to get a game in and the server was dead.

AkaBalla

Yea once the reg season fills up we will be playing in no time..

I will be working on league rules before we generate the regualr season.

The No trade list is up. I'm surprised no one has bitched about it thats the reason why i posted it..

Stay tuned

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Big Z not available for trade? I guess if I have to have two players banned from trades then I understand, but he's nothing special. I've traded him away almost every year so far. lol

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Yea once the reg season fills up we will be playing in no time..

I will be working on league rules before we generate the regualr season.

The No trade list is up. I'm surprised no one has bitched about it thats the reason why i posted it..

Stay tuned

So I can't trade Manu but I can trade TP?

backwards..................

Top Bottom