• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonesmccoy said:
Everton's kits are utter jokes! Who the hell thought it was a good idea to slap on that massive faux-vee-neck?

It's meant to a homage to their 85 Cup Winner's Cup shirt
large.jpg

The Everton fans here can console themselves that they once lost their opening three games and went on to win the league.
Like that's going to happen again.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
faridmon said:
oh crap, awful day. damn it

everyone was just rubbish. Moyes might say its an awful day but that does not cut it.

Pienaar was not rubbish.

And don't you dare put the blame on Moyes. Its all because of 'Krusty the Clown', Bill Kenwright.

faridmon

`Moe Joe. said:
Pienaar was not rubbish.

And don't you dare put the blame on Moyes. Its all because of 'Krusty the Clown', Bill Kenwright.
everything was under Moyes' control including the money transfer and everything else. Ken AND Moyes said that many times. Its pretty clear who top blame.

Not only that, he should not have played Lescott. The team, were obviously affected psychologically by just being around him. He also said before the match that he was at mind loss and can not play today's match. Jo SHOULD not be played instead of Saha, and Filliani was not very fit to play a match against Arsenal. But no, Moyes totally ignored all this and thought he would lose only 0 - 3
and yeah, Pienaar and Baines were the only players that were actually trying to do something in that match, but even if they were good, Everton -qualitatively speaking - were utter rubbish.

most embarrassing home loss since 1920 is a huge thing and you know it. there should be no excuse to Moyes, the starting elleven.

hopefully they play better in Man City match.

faridmon

bonesmccoy said:
LOL - No worries, I will be joining you once West Ham's precipitous decline starts in about 7 weeks.
West ham at least won their first match. and I doubt they are going to lose 6 - 1 at home this season.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
faridmon said:
everything was under Moyes' control including the money transfer and everything else. Ken AND Moyes said that many times. Its pretty clear who top blame.

Yeah no shit. Everything was under Moyes' control, but 'everything' just so happens to be shit resources. Hardly any cash and a bunch of teenagers on the bench. The laughable thing is, is that Moyes can finish 6th season after season with such resources. Its only a matter of time before things turn to shit. Starting now. We've been lucky for too long and the board needs a kick up the arse. Moyes isn't to blame and he's not being fed by the board adequately.

faridmon said:
Not only that, he should not have played Lescott. The team, were obviously affected psychologically by just being around him.

So you'd prefer to play either Jack Rodwell or Shane Duffy, 2 unproven defenders when Moyes specifically stated THAT LESCOTT IS GOING NOWHERE?

faridmon said:
Jo SHOULD not be played instead of Saha

Can't blame Jo. He was getting fed by Osman and Hibbert. Says it all. Never got a decent ball so that argument is void.

faridmon said:
and Filliani was not very fit to play a match against Arsenal.

That is true. But would you have wanted Rodwell to replace him? Furthermore, who would be ON THE BENCH for Rodwell? Hope Akpan? Yeah mate, Moyes is totally to blame with these resources... How dare he play Fellaini. Think.

faridmon said:
Pienaar and Baines were the only players that were actually trying to do something in that match, but even if they were good, Everton -qualitatively speaking - were utter rubbish.

Baines was getting owned by Bendtner all day.

faridmon said:
he starting elleven.

What about it? Oh yeah, its pretty good bar Osman and Hibbert. But the cover is fucking atrocious, and its laughable that you suggest that Fellaini and Lescott should not play. That brings Shane Duffy and Rodwell on to start, with Kinsella and the like on the bench. Isn't that all fucking dandy?

You're blind and have fallen for Kenwright. That's all I can say.

faridmon

`Moe Joe. said:
Yeah no shit. Everything was under Moyes' control, but 'everything' just so happens to be shit resources. Hardly any cash and a bunch of teenagers on the bench. The laughable thing is, is that Moyes can finish 6th season after season with such resources. Its only a matter of time before things turn to shit. Starting now. We've been lucky for too long and the board needs a kick up the arse. Moyes isn't to blame and he's not being fed by the board adequately.

So you'd prefer to play either Jack Rodwell or Shane Duffy, 2 unproven defenders when Moyes specifically stated THAT LESCOTT IS GOING NOWHERE?

Can't blame Jo. He was getting fed by Osman and Hibbert. Says it all. Never got a decent ball so that argument is void.

That is true. But would you have wanted Rodwell to replace him? Furthermore, who would be ON THE BENCH for Rodwell? Hope Akpan? Yeah mate, Moyes is totally to blame with these resources... How dare he play Fellaini. Think.

Baines was getting owned by Bendtner all day.

What about it? Oh yeah, its pretty good bar Osman and Hibbert. But the cover is fucking atrocious, and its laughable that you suggest that Fellaini and Lescott should not play. That brings Shane Duffy and Rodwell on to start, with Kinsella and the like on the bench. Isn't that all fucking dandy?

You're blind and have fallen for Kenwright. That's all I can say.
he had the resources, I remember reading about it somewhere. Moyes ahd the ability to buy players, he just can't bloody attract players. Rasmus Elm where is he? and many more I just can't research at the moment too lazy.

and bllody hell, who is he going to play? he is the flipping manager, he should sort thing out. playing Lscott and Fillaini was not an option. really, i think we would be better if Rodwell was playing.Also, someone who says "We have the same team as last season so we should improve on 5th" is just a plain fool (not that I hate moyes or anything, he is good manager, but sometimes he has to get his foot back to earth)

Jo didn't score but Saha scored. think.

honestly, he shouldn't let Lars Jacobsen leave, he is way better than Hibbert and should sell Hebbert instead for £!. He is just awful.

I may be blind and I may have sort affection for ken the clown.But you seem happy with the loss and keep giving the boys excuses. good for you.

True we always start poor but yesterday was downright humiliating arsenal ripped us to shreds i just hope we don't end up like newcastle and be the whipping boys,burnley put up a better fight against stoke and we have burnley next.

hopefully the boys realise this and play better, we have 37 matches left, and the last time Arsenal beat us at home, we managed to be 4th that season.

faridmon

David Moyes says he will share responsibility with his players following the 6-1 defeat to Arsenal.

The Toffees were out of sorts defensively as the Gunners ran riot on the opening day of the Premier League season.

The visitors scored three times in either half with Everton scoring in injury time through Louis Saha.

"I'll take responsibility, I need to do better with the players I have," said Moyes.

"The players have a bit of responsibility too; to head the ball out, to mark people, and to go with runners.

"I will need to do better and coach them better and train them better."

Moyes said he'd seen encouragement in his side's play prior to Arsenal taking their 27th minute lead, but admitted his sole emotion after the game was disappointment.

"I am disappointed with the result and it's a disappointing day all round," he continued.

"We didn't play well (overall), I thought in the first half we did not do badly until the goal, then the defending was terrible from set pieces. We need to do better."

source: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/39471/post-match-reaction.html

that's a positive,reaction, hopefully he trains the bows really good now. what is done is done.

Facism

KirmiziBeyaz said:
Good news Facism! Diego Lugano re-signed with us :D

:D Read it on my phone this early morning whilst riding taxi home from Oxford. Good news. My brother was always certain he'd sign with fener, as he's in it for the money. Lazio or whatever other useless Italian team couldn't match his after-tax earnings at fener if they tried. Footballer tax brackets are fun.

Slizz

entertaining tottenham game, i love that my fox sports en espanol, for some reason now has english broadcasters for the premier league games.

daegan

Spurs/lolverpool has been an interesting watch so far. Which surprises me as I don't care about either of them.

I still can't believe Timmy let 6 in yesterday. :(

Dr Zhivago said:
Disappointing. Alonso is a big loss for Liverpool, I remain to be convinced that Aquilani is near the same standard.

Liverpool did look rudderless sans Xabi, but let's stop pretending that he's the only reason why Tottenham won that game. Lucas is an ineffectual player in England, Skrtel should have been subbed off in the second half, and Benayoun should have come on for Babel at 45 minutes. Once again, Benitez leaves it too late to make the necessary changes, and Liverpool loses a game they really should have won.

The hate for Moyes should stop: He is the only reason why Everton are in the top ten with Champions' League ambitions. He's working with a small squad, a small stadium, and meager resources with which to attract players. One heavy loss does not a ruined season make.
Everton will win the league once football accepts a salary cap

Vard

Skrtel is such a shaky player... I want Agger, Riera, and Aurelio back and healthy soon. On the bright side Glen Johnson had a solid debut for Liverpool. I hope Rafa spends some more because the team is looking pretty thin at the moment.

Kozak

Banned
Facism said:
did you see santos?

Bloody hell what a run.

Yeah Maradona style except on the wrong side :D

I didn't enjoy the game too much. What is with the team and not passing to Guiza. Totally uncool.

Facism

KirmiziBeyaz said:
Yeah Maradona style except on the wrong side :D

I didn't enjoy the game too much. What is with the team and not passing to Guiza. Totally uncool.

Ya i agree. Don't know what's going on off pitch, it's like nobody wants him there.

KirmiziBeyaz said:
I think its time to stop doubting top teams like Tottenham.

Meh - They need at least to prove that they can maintain a challenge over a season, which is yet to happen this side of the millennium, before anyone should take them seriously. Liverpool lost because (1) Benitez' tactical rigidity and (2) poor defending from set pieces (a long term problem with this team). That said, this could be the year the Spurs finally do live up to expectations.

Shameless

Banned
Why are babel, voronin and lucas still at liverpool? They are clearly nowhere near the level required and if we this is what we have to rely on throughout the season, I'd be suprised to see us finish in the top 4.

faridmon

LttP: what Liverpool lost against Tottenham?

so two London teams beat the two Liverpool teams?

London > Liverpool confirmed?

Milk Lizard said:
They always play like shit, the question is why aren't they winning while playing like shit.

:lol

rvy

Banned
"I wantz to scor3 mooooooooooooooar!!1!!!!"

Anyway, now I know what it feels like to be hyped but cautious. My heart has been broken too many times, Seabass.

Shameless said:
Why are babel, voronin and lucas still at liverpool? They are clearly nowhere near the level required and if we this is what we have to rely on throughout the season, I'd be suprised to see us finish in the top 4.

Voronin is a fine bit-part player; I doubt even he expects to feature that much this season. Babel and Lucas... two huge black holes in my opinion. Babel has lost whatever ability he showed as a 19 year old joining from Ajax (I remember when he was the 'future' of Dutch football). Lucas is just utter shite. He.cannot.play.in.England. Liverpool fans know this. Other teams' fans know this. Other teams know this. Yet oddly enough, Benitez does not know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom