• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nervous for today, the first match of the last qualification for champions league against APOEL Nicosia. If we (Copenhagen) it will be amazing, if not it will be one of the biggest failures in the clubs history. Famagusta also from cyprus did it very well in cl last year and our team is playing like shit at the moment.

Couldnt even sleep yesterday becauseof this match, God i hate football sometimes.

This thread isn't popping as much as i thought it would be!

is there anywhere with good streams to the Arsenal vs Celts game? I'm on justin.tv but it's kinda shabby right now

faridmon

Mecha_Infantry said:
This thread isn't popping as much as i thought it would be!

is there anywhere with good streams to the Arsenal vs Celts game? I'm on justin.tv but it's kinda shabby right now
I blame 6 -1

Arsenal just won again. they are on fire.

Google

bjaelke said:
2 games and they are on fire? An own goal and a deflection is merely a fluke.

Don't be a moron.

They won 0-2 at Parkhead.

This is a great result, regardless of who you are.

Decado

Holy shit! Soccer is back with vengeance. I totally forgot the "off season" is so short for this sport. A ton of games for me to watch this week between champion league matches and premier league matches. Nice.

It will be interesting since I haven't kept up with any of the transfers :p

Kozak

Banned
lol what.

Hes 30 aswell.

Why cant this random swooping happen to Turks :| Someone needs to swoop Arda to a better place already.

Vard

No mention on LFC's site still had me wondering about that Kyrgiakos transfer. Looks like it has not been completed yet. Of course there has to be drama! :lol

Sotiris Kyrgiakos: 10 things you need to know about the potential Liverpool signing
10) He's certainly impetuous. Kyrgakos announced that he'd agreed to join Liverpool on his official website today (Wednesday, August 19) - despite his club AEK Athens issuing a statement claiming otherwise.

edit - It's true. http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165487090819-2245.htm

LRB1983

Banned
Today @ 22:15 [GMT+1h] First Barça's match at Camp Nou.
May be Ibrahimovic debut with FC. Barcelona

Barça Vs. Manchester City - Trofeu Joan Gamper -
160808fcb-boca_x7x.jpg

I don't want Liverpool to sign Kygiakos. He's oldish, smelly and probably useless to boot.

Benitez should have signed Bassong on the cheap. Or why not try for Newcastle's Stephen Taylor? I don't think Skrtel is going to become the next Hyypia or even the next Carragher.

Nando just needs to score 29 more of those in the league and all will be well.

A quick glance at Soccernet shows me that Hull are staging a comeback against Spurs and Burnely is ahead of ManU.

Tannhauser

Neo Member
It was not a bad pen. Though Giggs should have taken it, or Rooney (for once). Hopefully their players will be feeling the fatigue in this half after running at 300% in the entire first 45 minutes. Park off, for Berbatov.

It's starting again.

faridmon

M an U :lol

and as I type this, the match has ended. well done burnley, don't play that good this weekend against us please.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Where is the love for Stoke in this bitch?! :(
We'll murder you at Britannia! >:eek:

faridmon

LRB1983 said:
Today @ 22:15 [GMT+1h] First Barça's match at Camp Nou.
May be Ibrahimovic debut with FC. Barcelona

Barça Vs. Manchester City - Trofeu Joan Gamper -
160808fcb-boca_x7x.jpg
its 1- 0.

oh snap. I can see why Lescott wants to leave.

faridmon

Dr Zhivago said:
Yay!

Also, Burnlol.

Rather oddly ITV was showing Panathinaikos vs Atletico, which turned out to be a great match.
yeah that was a great match, it is always a delight to watch Forlan and Aguero attacking power.

on another note, Man City are actually playing well, they might do well this season.
Also, why is the new Barca kit so ugly. who are the new sponsor? I liked UNICEF kit

LRB1983

Banned
faridmon said:
Also, why is the new Barca kit so ugly. who are the new sponsor? I liked UNICEF kit
They're not wearing the new (2009/2010) kit for this match. XD.
Edit: The new one is sponsored by unicef too.

I read yesterday that 17 of Cristiano Ronaldo's 18 goals last season came against teams in the bottom 10. And lo, they fluf what would normally be a guaranteed 3 points without him. And this makes me wonder: Will United rue more the loss of Ronaldo while at Britannia Stadium or at the San Siro? My hunch is on the former.

5-1 for Spurs over Hull City... whoza. If they can avoid the regular injury pile-up midseason, Tottenham might just make some serious strides forward this year.

bonesmccoy said:
I read yesterday that 17 of Cristiano Ronaldo's 18 goals last season came against teams in the bottom 10. And lo, they fluf what would normally be a guaranteed 3 points without him. And this makes me wonder: Will United rue more the loss of Ronaldo while at Britannia Stadium or at the San Siro? My hunch is on the former.

5-1 for Spurs over Hull City... whoza. If they can avoid the regular injury pile-up midseason, Tottenham might just make some serious strides forward this year.

Even when he didn't score he took two or three players otu of the game because they were marking him. An amazing player for us and today he would have made the differenc ebut we need Rooney, Anderson, Carrick and Park to step up and beat teams we should beta easily,

I don't see Anderson becoming that player.

Rooney needs to have a true breakout season. I'm probably in the minority, but I think he's been living comfortably in Ronaldo's shadow for too long.

Ryck

bonesmccoy said:

Rooney needs to have a true breakout season. I'm probably in the minority, but I think he's been living comfortably in Ronaldo's shadow for too long.
I completely agree on both points.

bonesmccoy said:

We haven't really seen Anderson play in his natural position a lot, as an attacking midfiedler. SAF wnats to amke him a box-to-box midfielder but when he does start in his natural position, like against Arsenal he can tear apart teams. Anderson is one of the worlds best young midfielders and he isn't really ever allowed to make runs like this in matches, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KiSVi3hicg

I agree with you on Rooney, he has lived in Ronaldo's shadow but he did sacrifice a lot of his game because a lot of our tactics was about getting Ronaldo a lot of space int he final third. But like you said he needs a really good season to show he is one of the best player sin the wrold and I'm sure he can be.

diddlyD said:
who needs beckham?

Fabio Capello, for reasons unknown even to him.

Actually, I bet Beckham has a marketing agreement with the FA that guarantees his selection in certain games. Other than that, I cannot think of why England needs a farking MLS failure in their line-up.

anonumber: I will watch Anderson closely, but chose to remain a skeptic until proven otherwise. He is far better than Lucas, that's for sure. :)

LRB1983

Banned
Barça it's about to start. Supercopa's Final match. Barça's with its better team. Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Maxwell; Touré, Keita, Xavi; Henry, Messi e Ibrahimovic.

LRB1983

Banned
Great great great Bojan Goal XDXD.
3-0.
First match I see Barça doing the same game style as last season. ^^ When Iniesta comes back we wil be even better. :D

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Fucking hate Alves, he is great player but with no morals at all. He dived to get the penalty which wasn't a penalty at all and this is not the first he dives to get a foul. Other than that I love how Barca plays and today they did great.

lol at the third goal:lol

Polari

Top marks to Burnley for their grit. To hang on to one goal leads against two top teams in a week shows a lot of determination. Teams going to Turf Moor are going to need to score as early as possible and put them on the back foot.

Is it time for Everton fans to be concerned? The team can't win in England and are complete disarray over the Lescott transfer. And here I was, thinking that Everton had gone beyond the good season/bad season/good season/bad season pattern for good. Can we start calling them Evercastle yet? Eversborough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom