• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm home, the modem is plugged directly into the PS3 (well, the wifi router isn't working quite right...and I forgot the correct settings to get it to work anyway :p). So, whenever you want to play.

gg lonestar! should watch my ball control more :(

also, why did you go for it on 4th? actually what bugged me more is that you threw the "money" screen ball. it's debateable on whether you go for 4th there (the lead, the ball, the block running with like 30 seconds left at my 40, why not punt? i had no TO's left) but come on dude a screen pass? i guess they were cool to defend the first 9 times you ran them, but why a 10th?

but i suppose it's not your fault that screens are so effective. am i the only one who doesn't consistently throw screens? it's like long yardage, well let me throw a screen. even if the screen is covered (unlikely), i have so much time to throw that guaranteed the inside slat rout will be open.

anyhow, now i just want to get into a bowl game and ruin everyones season! which i will...

Lonestar

Yes, GG indeed.

Yes, the screen passes are defendable. Just as you said (though one You manage to dive through a blocker :p ). But hey, Ball control against a better team, I'll use whatever I could to beat you.

You would have just waited in the pocket till your best reciever, with more speed than anyone on my team, to go deep, and heave (like earlier in the game. I got lucky that the dive animation happened).

I used pretty much everything I had in that game, and I lost my favorite WR for "1 week", but that was in the game, maybe I'll get him back next week.

I've saved 2 of my plays online (but not the INt for TD, it would never finish, I'll send it in later.) I'll have them here in a bit, moving back to wifi.

PS: Lag Spike Field Goals :(

13 yard TD pass to Gibson "maybe I should have used Wire, it shows off FMT's Safety confusion

Game saving INT by Rolando McLain (though he had a bigger, Pick Six, earlier in the game)

Lonestar

At least I'm not playing as a "Press win button" team :p

I'm the San Fran 49'ers of NCAA, :p

Lonestar

The 60 yarder, right? Yeah, that was tough.

Bob, compare my defensive team versus your's :p

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
The 60 yarder, right? Yeah, that was tough.

Bob, compare my defensive team versus your's :p

Just got into my hotel in Atlanta after flying back from Canton. About to post some pics in the NFL OT thread. I'll be back home in DC no later than 4PM on Friday (trying to get on standby to get home a few hours earlier). I'll be able to play my week 3 game (Bob I think?) when I get back, so let me know what time(s) work.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I guess the CPU was trying to impose a letdown on my team after beating Georgia. Georgia Tech had Superman, Wolverine, and a fat mobster hitman (that must have paid off one of my lineman) all on their team. Granted, I made a couple of mistakes, but there were a couple of amazing super glue catches on their part and a few dropsies on my side that conveniently kept drives alive or killed them, respectively. I still won, but it was a LOT harder beating GT in the dynasty than it was when I practiced against the CPU earlier. Weird.

Lonestar

* Ability to view your Online Dynasty HQ through EA Sports World

This needs to hurry up.

So far, I'm happy with the stat keeping. Seems pretty "in check". We all are having slight problems with running (except Georgia and USC), and I think the returns are still broken (alot of punt returners with 30 yard averages, more on kick returns).

Lonestar said:
and I think the returns are still broken (alot of punt returners with 30 yard averages, more on kick returns).

Wait till you see next week's stats. In my game against NCST in week 3, CJ Spiller had 300+ all purpose yards, which included two punts returned for a TD, a punt returned back to the 10, and a punt returned back to the 2 yard line. I think he had around 290 yards in just punt returns.

Lonestar

I was just happy that I only punted to FMT once, that it didn't go out of bounds, and that I miraculously tackled him for a 1 or 2 yard gain, inside the 10 yard line.

I was actually trying to do punt out of bounds. It's what everyone should do. Do not let a human controlled player return punts!

lonestar was about an inch away from having (what i believe would have been) a punt return TD. the one you caught at about the 10 and i just dived for my life to get you... i was lucky to tackle you there cause there was nothing but open field ahead!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar was about an inch away from having (what i believe would have been) a punt return TD. the one you caught at about the 10 and i just dived for my life to get you... i was lucky to tackle you there cause there was nothing but open field ahead!

Same on your's! It's almost guaranteed to have at least a 30 yard return average in the game.

DCX

DCX
ohio_state_buckeyes.jpg

DCX

Mrbob

Friday I'm heading out to see Pineapple Express and then clubbing it after, so the earlier the better to get our game in LiveWire.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Friday I'm heading out to see Pineapple Express and then clubbing it after, so the earlier the better to get our game in LiveWire.

OK, we'll get it done early evening (5PM Eastern?). PM me your AIM or other nick as well as your PSN ID. Thanks!

Mrbob

That's cutting it close but should be able to get it done as I'm leaving around 5:15 central.

aim - mrbob2k1

psn - Mrbob2k7

Lonestar said:
Not very impressive. I can see where Shawn took control of a player who should have tackled you...and turned the wrong direction. #33.

debbie_downer.jpg

Yeah it was a scenario where I expected the CPU to select the player on the OTHER side, but they chose another player which screwed me all up...

It is what it is...I'll take the win over a school record for a Kickoff TD!

DMczaf

Lonestar said:
Not very impressive. I can see where Shawn took control of a player who should have tackled you...and turned the wrong direction. #33.

debbie_downer.jpg

You can't ruin my moment!

Joooooooooooooooooones!

well that wr is rated 96 in speed, and with no help over the top.... that should happen! kudos to you ncaa!

p.s. denogg and malley play CPU! so you guys can get your game in without having to worry about scheduling conflicts!

after that, all we are waiting on is... wait for it, wait for it.... Mrbob! (and livewire)

i see a trend here. and by here i mean the past 5 years!

anyhow, once those are done we can advance. should be easy money!

Lonestar

Besides our game (Day after advance?) I got my game played EAAAAAARLY.

Yes, you are right, 96 speed should beat an 82 rated defense....

^
2ymtwtk.gif

BTW, what's all this talk of playing Friday?? It's Wednesday...

I assume Live's in Atlanta after the Canton trip for a reason, and not because the ATL airport is so balls, he has to wait 3 days for a flight???

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well that wr is rated 96 in speed, and with no help over the top.... that should happen! kudos to you ncaa!

p.s. denogg and malley play CPU! so you guys can get your game in without having to worry about scheduling conflicts!

after that, all we are waiting on is... wait for it, wait for it.... Mrbob! (and livewire)

i see a trend here. and by here i mean the past 5 years!

anyhow, once those are done we can advance. should be easy money!
Erm, I already played. WTF? I beat Georgia Tech 17-3.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
I assume Live's in Atlanta after the Canton trip for a reason, and not because the ATL airport is so balls, he has to wait 3 days for a flight???

I'm stuck in classes at an FBI conference all day yesterday and today, and tomorrow I'm presenting as a panelist. I'm going to wait on standby on Friday because my original flight gets in at 3PM. I figured I'd need the extra sleep because I might be out late in Atlanta's nightlife on Thursday night, but apparently Buckhead (the former hotspot) is no more and there's shit to do here. :(

Lonestar

You can go to Dunkin Donut's, then drive to Birmingham and give me the Dunkin Donuts.

DenogginizerOS

Can someone check the dynasty and see if it registered that I beat GT 17-3? It shows I played the game on my EASportsWorld profile, but FMT is saying I still need to play my game.

sorry denogg, maybe i looked at it at the wrong time or it hadn't registered by that time.

i'll check it tonight when i get home. not like it matters anyways since bob wont play till friday :(

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry denogg, maybe i looked at it at the wrong time or it hadn't registered by that time.

i'll check it tonight when i get home. not like it matters anyways since bob wont play till friday :(

Ok. I played the game Monday so I have a bad feeling it didn't register. I even hit Set to Advance.

Mrbob

When I was online last night doing my recruiting I noticed the game mentioned you won 17-3. FMT is probably all disoriented right now because he can't win a game to save his life!

don't worry friend, im going to ruin some perfect seasons this year! thats my goal, next year national title with my 5 star freshmen QB at the helm!

Mrbob

But will you get a chance before me? :D

When do you play Ohio State? I play DCX the second week of the Big 10 season so if you don't play him the opening week of Big 10 play that means we could have a powerhouse matchup!

Oh and if I can get by LiveWire somehow I open up on the road at Michigan. Then Ohio State and Penn State in Madtown! :D I make it through all those games undefeated I better damn well be number one ranked team!

Top Bottom