• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol

just dm and malley's game left. FMT had recruiting to do, i dont know if he did it yet.

i got my ass beat last night but i have somehwat of an excuse! i was trying to change my playbook at the team selection menu, and before i hit start or X it already advanced!

so whatever, we start the game. defensive playbook is fine. then i fumble the kickoff for a TD. when i get the ball back i have 2 formations: shotgun and goalline. WHAT THE FUCK. who's fucking playbook is this! there goes any semblance of a running game!

to make matters worse, not only was it just shotgun as my main plays, but every route in each sub formation was essentially the same! yes, some packages had a TE, some had 4 wides, 5 wides, but there was not much route variation!

fucking lame! i can still get into a bowl game as long as i win 7 games!

DMczaf

I've been using Oregon's playbook. It's so opposite of how I usually play, I had to keep it.

I have like 85 shotgun plays!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe I should use that one! I've found I liked the Shotgun plays better. SPREAD 4 LFE.

I've actually found some running ability with the Draw play.

Alabama's playbook is pretty much Single Back and Shotgun. Only has the I-Form (2 WR on the same side) or the Double TE I-Form.

Once I put in Star Jackson next year, Spread Attack Jack!

CB3

Azwethinkweiz said:
Didn't you say the defensive playbook was fine? How'd you let him throw up 41 points on you?

well i did score a TD on a fumbled kickoff return. so i guess it was really 34-10 :)

DCX

DCX
:lol :lol :lol Damn...that is the worse thing that can happen, i hate fumbles on punts or kickoffs.

DCX

CB3

:lol im a bad man with the hitstick. You come across the middle with a pass, your getting knocked the fuck out by my safety's

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
:lol im a bad man with the hitstick. You come across the middle with a pass, your getting knocked the fuck out by my safety's
i'm actually learning how to use the hitstick properly...i'm getting there!

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
i'm actually learning how to use the hitstick properly...i'm getting there!

DCX

in the first game me and FMT played where EA servers went down, i took out 3 of his guys on the first drive :lol 2 by me, one by my strong safety. it was great

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
Did he advance the week? I wanna get my game in during lunch otherwise I might not have time until thursday.
League advanced...with no announcement...FMT is shamed.

DCX

Lonestar

Figures he would do this to us. I could have checked it late last night, but I figured that FMT is a class act, and would tell us. I should have known he would be a loser. A Loser, BORN TO 40WHINER

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Figures he would do this to us. I could have checked it late last night, but I figured that FMT is a class act, and would tell us. I should have known he would be a loser. A Loser, BORN TO 40WHINER

He's probably too busy creating himself in NFL Head Coach, firing Nolan and trading away Hill and O'Sullivan so there's no QB controversy.

Lonestar

AlexSmith.jpg

i can move it to heisman difficulty right now if you guys want!

but i must warn you: get ready for Robo-QB... to the extreme!!!!!

still, if thats what you guys want i'm cool with it!

p.s. sorry dudes! forgot to post cause it was late!

also, CB didn't post the hit sticks he attempted where he missed and i scored a 70 yard TD ;) nice manual coverage there buddy, if i had a normal playbook i would have destroyed you. but the road to redemption is jgar-ish, long and hard. i will be in a respectable bowl game and ruin a few perfect seasons along the way.

see you in the rose bowl dickface!

Mrbob

Don't move shit for difficulty. After I destroy DCX and FMT it is smooth sailing to the national title game!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Don't move shit for difficulty. After I destroy DCX and FMT it is smooth sailing to the national title game!
Awful confident. I doubt you've beaten me in Madden yet! Bring the noise Bob cause i gots the muffle ( borrowed it from Vick, he wasn't using his )

DCX

Lonestar

As a weaker team, I'm afraid a higher difficulty will cause me to lose to Auburn...oops, sorry Shawn. ;)

I'm stating out with 5 away games in a row! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT FMT? 5 Home games the entire year, all against the CPU.

Whenever Malley wants to game, let me know. We are the only human teams playing this week.

LiveWire

Can someone explain how a player gets committed to your team? Does it just happen automatically if the interest level maxes out or can it happen earlier through enough telephone conversations?

Lonestar

Sometimes it's a bit random. Sometimes you can send the scholarship and they'll immediately join. Most of the time, you build them up till they max out. If they are maxed out or very near it, and you get them on a visit, with the right "things to do", they have a good chance of committing. Or they might just get a soft verbal, which means they are Juuuuust about to commit, but can be "stolen" if you slack off on the recruit.

So, it's not just one particular thing. It feels random, but there is a Process to it (as Coach Saban would say, Aiiight)

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Sometimes it's a bit random. Sometimes you can send the scholarship and they'll immediately join. Most of the time, you build them up till they max out. If they are maxed out or very near it, and you get them on a visit, with the right "things to do", they have a good chance of committing. Or they might just get a soft verbal, which means they are Juuuuust about to commit, but can be "stolen" if you slack off on the recruit.

So, it's not just one particular thing. It feels random, but there is a Process to it (as Coach Saban would say, Aiiight)

So what you're saying is it's like trying to woo a really hot chick--you (UVA) try to show her that you're fun and can take good care of her and then this other dude (USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc.) comes by and lays his footlong on the table and she goes home with him.

Lonestar

I think I'm in good shape. I had a select group of players I've targeted. And I've gone Captain Ahab on them. I think that Analogy works...maybe.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
we can try for tonight.. I actually have off tomorrow and friday so we can go then during the day also .... hit me up if you see me online

Lonestar

I'm home if you want to try tonight. Tomorrow and Friday are ok as well (just figure since we're the only game that needs to be scheduled this week, to get it done so we aren't to blame ;P )

Top Bottom