• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FMT,

I did my recruiting but the damn EA dynasty servers were acting horrible. It took me several attempts over a span of 2.5 hours just to log on. I am ready to advance if it did not register. Let me know if there is a problem.

Mrbob said:
I was up 17-13 with about three minutes left.

I have 3rd and inches from the one.

Two running plays in a row i get caught in some mario running animation. My lineman and their lineman are stuck together, can't move. So I can't move forward. Even with right analog stick pressing forward. I get no gain.

I turn the ball over. To his credit fmt goes 90+ yards and on 4th and 3 with 4 seconds left his guy catches the ball and two of my guys hit him near the goal line. I say he is out! :D But he is credited the score.

Either way it never should have been that close. I had a td on that last drive damn it if people would fucking move.

It's obviously too late for this, but you know there's a feature in this year's version where if you're at the goaline you can dive over the pile into the endzone, right?

Playing my game later tonight in about 2 hours (just got home), you guys can count on resuming league play late tonight or early tomorrow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Azwethinkweiz said:
It's obviously too late for this, but you know there's a feature in this year's version where if you're at the goaline you can dive over the pile into the endzone, right?

Oh, and to challenge spots and/or fumbles

Mrbob

I dove, fell flat on my ass doing so. :lol

Also I couldn't challenge the last play. :( I pressed start at the extra kick and it wouldn't let me go to the menu.

lol bob i did feel bad about that 4th and goal play. basically what happened is bob gets stuck behind the line and they don't move. i've seen this a bunch of times. IF you try to move the RB left or right, the D-lineman/LB's peel off immediately and you lose yards, all you can hope for is to squeak through (like you did on the 4th and goal early in the game).

anyhow, i enjoyed the game and it felt like i would lose. i don't know WTF is up with my lineman but they are slow as fuck! bobs slow motion QB was able to escape time and again out of the pocket while my fat fuck lineman trailed helplessly behind. it truly fucked me on a 3rd and 8 halfway through the 4th. i was down 17-13, i make a pretty good call on D and bob is forced to scramble. EVERYONE is covered, there are no open spots in the zone, but he buys about 10 seconds by scrambling out and i have fucking 3 lineman within reaching distance of him but he completes to his RB for a first down.

all i can say about your final drive is you should have kicked the FG and made sure that the worst that happened is a tie game! but you gambled, and the NCAA gods smote you!

perhaps my most infuriating play came on the final drive on 3rd and 3 inside bobs 10. 3rd and 3, he blitzes, i throw it out to my rb in the flats who is WIDE FUCKING OPEN, he is clearly going to score. what does he do? 5 yards from the sideline, he does some bogus ass "tip toe!" catch! 5 YARDS AWAY FROM THE SIDELINE! then he rolls out of bounds but of course in college you're down when your knee touches

so guess what? clock ticking! 10 seconds left and ticking, 4th and goal from the 3 still, i barely even get all my guys up to the line to hike it and my TE is open so i throw it to him, and he gets gang stopped by 3 LB's literally at the goal line (i honestly dont think he got in but the refs call TD!)

but the game was fun, it's just very frustrating to play defense in this game because here are your options:

1) you call a man defense. this means that there is basically no chance for an int (qb accuracy too good) and if your opponent has ANY time at all (depending on the route) the pass will be completed. especially out plays and slants.

2) you call a zone. this can buy you some decent time on D, but if you don't get pressure within a couple seconds the holes in the zone completely destroy you. this happens on any scrambling play

3) you blitz. if the offense didn't call a PA pass, you're pretty much dead, because the pass rush WONT get there on time even with the blitz and a human opponent is going to see instantly who the open man is.

not that its IMPOSSIBLE to play D, because you can get stops, but holy shit all the cards have to come your way or you're fucked! i think the issue is that the defensive speed is SO SLOW. the reaction time is slow and the physical speed of the defenders is very slow on the reaction. this is why comebacks, outs, slants, and everything else work so well. the offense is fast, the D isn't!

p.s. bob i didn't jetpack on purpose. i didn't even take control of the receiver, he did that shit on his own!

oh AND my other "star" WR is now injured! i didn't have him for the entire game cause bob injured him. i haven't checked yet but if he's out for the season too i'm fucking. fucking BS!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am playing when i get home from work

CB3 said:
Looks like we are waiting on the usual suspects...

easy kid.... I cant up and get my games done right away, I moved in with the lady friend and my sched is a bit more different then in the past. if I am holding it up, by all means keep it moving, FMT if you cant wait til after work, by all means simulate it.

dont worry friend, i'm at work all day also. then i have a birthday thingie to go to tonight. if the games are done at 5:30-6 pm pst then i'll advance, otherwise tomorrow!

Mrbob

Just think, this game adds to your gameshark legend I have always thought of from you! :D

I will not forget this game next year. Revenge tastes so sweet!

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
hopefully. these recruits need to stop dicking around and commit to me already.
Number 1 team in the country and those little pricks have yet to commit! That's fine, they can chill at shit schools as Ohio State wins championship after championship.

DCX

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. EVERYONE (and i do mean everyone) has a CPU game this week dudes. no reason this can't be done in a couple days! lets go!

CPU told me he's going out of town til Tuesday. Sorry!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dynasty servers down -_-. i gotta wait now for them to go back up so my recruiting is saved.

i swear like half the guys on my board have me as #1. fuckers need to give me their word.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
league advanced. time to finish this bitch off by sweeping conference play! your time is coming DCX... i know you know it!
:lol :lol :lol You're going to lose old friend, and you know it. The time of DCX playing hard with shitty teams is over! Over rated teams FTW!:D

DCX

Lonestar

6 more games to play to finish the week. I'm not going to let McNight just run away with the Heisman, dammmmmmit.

Lonestar

Not if Julio "I'm going for 30" Jones has anything to say. He started further behind because he's a freshman ;P

CB3

Lonestar said:
Not if Julio "I'm going for 30" Jones has anything to say. He started further behind because he's a freshman ;P

you do realize a scored another 6 td's with Joey today right? :lol

CB3

Lonestar said:
scored another 4, with school records in catches and yards for a game :p

ah. but i took a punt return back for a td. almost had two actually but got stopped 5 yards before the endzone.

6>4, no matter if you did get a bunch of yards.

Lonestar

hey, you're USC, and I'm Alabama. JJ >>> JM in terms of valueable to the team. You can't deny that part. Besides, Punt returns shouldn't count (though they do) because each one of us has a player with at least a 25+ yard per return.

CB3

Lonestar said:
hey, you're USC, and I'm Alabama. JJ >>> JM in terms of valueable to the team. You can't deny that part. Besides, Punt returns shouldn't count (though they do) because each one of us has a player with at least a 25+ yard per return.

but does yours have 3 returned for td's this season? i think not!

besides they dont give the heisman based of what the player means to the team. thats why McKnight is #1 on the list right now :)

Lonestar

I can't help it EA fucked over the actual punt returner for my team, who IRL is a better Punt Returner than McKnight, by lowballing all his returning skill....fucking EA. Arena's was a top 10 returner last year dammit!

omfg bullshit. now BOTH of my starting WR's are out for the season! one with a dislocated hip, the ot her with a broken collarbone.

what have i, what have i, what have i done to deserve this!

this will only strengthen my resolve to ruin ohio states season.

stay away from my WR's! i'll come into YOUR house and steal some of your recruits if that's the game we're going to play here!

p.s. i will be stealing one of USC's prized recruits shortly

Lonestar

I am hoping to draw in 3-5 recruits once the week advances. I'm already sitting on 3 or 4 soft commits as is.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stay away from my WR's! i'll come into YOUR house and steal some of your recruits if that's the game we're going to play here!

p.s. i will be stealing one of USC's prized recruits shortly

stay away from my punter you bitch.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i will defeat you dcx. and i will do it without my top 2 WR's just to rub it in.
If these slackers get their games in we could do it tonight!

DCX

Lonestar said:
I am hoping to draw in 3-5 recruits once the week advances. I'm already sitting on 3 or 4 soft commits as is.

Good luck man. That 5 star middle linebacker that was a soft commit to you visited me this week and I beat my rival 55-7. Come on solid commit!

Lonestar

I spent 3 and a half hours talking to him, getting 4 or 5 of those pitch completes messages. You never stop recruiting until it's done.

But, if I do lose out on him, it'll probably be because I moved his visit up a week (to a bye week), to see if I could get him to commit earlier. But the score universally for all the bye week commits were alot lower than I like, so I know now to not have visit's on a bye, unless I have to.

It was strange, probably a glitch, but you and I originally had him visiting the same week, week 8 (this week). Not sure if that's supposed to happen.

I need another good MLB if I do want to change to a 3-4 system.

We really need to ramp up the difficulty for these CPU games. I'm kinda tired of seeing teams win 77-0, 88-10, 66-0....

As of now the CPU games are gimme games...

Thoughts?

Mrbob

So Iowa had to feel my wrath today. My backup running back had a hell of a game. 30 rushes for almost 200 yards, plus caught two td passes. I knew it would be good from the beginning when I weaved through Iowas line for a td to go up 10-0 in the 1st:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/257744

Then I stopped Iowa 4 and out, go the punt back and williams busted out a huge 74 yard TD run to put me up 17-0 near the end of the 1st quarter:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/257761

Up 17-0 in the 2nd I was driving again. Got down to the 20 yard line when my fullback fumbled the ball back to Iowa. :/ Two plays later that fast little bugger Iowa RB broke 3 of my tackles and ran 74 yards for a TD to make it 17-7. I scored another TD before the half to up 24-7. Third quarter was a bit boring, I scored a TD to go up 27-7. Iowa mounted a drive late into the 3rd early into the 4th going to my goal line. On first and goal from the two Iowa tried a play action pass play. I bit initially on the PA, and then backpedaled to get a user pick INT to help seal the game away! :D

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/257721

I scored two more times in the 4th to lay it on and ended up winning 41-7.

Top Bottom