• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sorry you are having internet issues but I am pretty tired. If you can't go now, then we will have to do this another night.

DenogginizerOS

Sorry Az but that game was a laggy mess and I was screwed on several plays where every time I was trying to call a play it would skip over to the next play/screen. In addition, on that safety and one other play my icons for my receivers never came up. And last but not least, we started an hour later than scheduled and I am piss tired.

FMT, you can sim or award our game to Az. Or Az, if you want to replay it at a later date when your internet is better and we can play on a neutral field (why you had home field advantage with all my plays getting screwed up on the line is a mystery to me) that is fine. I don't have much free time over the next couple of days so FMT can just give you the win and I am fine with that.

Yeah, sorry man. I get bad lag during primetime on some nights (fuck you comcast). It seemed to get better after the first quarter. And I'm not really sure who it gives home field to (team with the best record?) but I had no idea it was even affecting you. I figured it partially worked for both sides. Good game anyway.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah, sorry man. I get bad lag during primetime on some nights (fuck you comcast). It seemed to get better after the first quarter. And I'm not really sure who it gives home field to (team with the best record?) but I had no idea it was even affecting you. I figured it partially worked for both sides. Good game anyway.
I was trying to let you know I was pretty much giving up on trying to make it work. There were times when I was trying to select formations and it would jump to the next formation (i.e. Special Teams) AFTER I made my play selection on Ace!!!

It was a mess. That safety was kind of the icing on the cake. Tyrod was robo QBing to the right and was not responding at all. It was like the lag glitched the play action and I had no control.

I am pretty sure this will be my one and only season. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. We can try to play it first thing in the morning on Saturday or Sunday if you want. We are tailgating Saturday for the Wake game so I should be up by 7AM. Just let me know.

DenogginizerOS said:
I was trying to let you know I was pretty much giving up on trying to make it work. There were times when I was trying to select formations and it would jump to the next formation (i.e. Special Teams) AFTER I made my play selection on Ace!!!

It was a mess. That safety was kind of the icing on the cake. Tyrod was robo QBing to the right and was not responding at all. It was like the lag glitched the play action and I had no control.

I am pretty sure this will be my one and only season. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. We can try to play it first thing in the morning on Saturday or Sunday if you want. We are tailgating Saturday for the Wake game so I should be up by 7AM. Just let me know.

I'll be in clemson until sometime on sunday. That's why I wanted to get the game in tonight, so that everyone didn't have to wait through the weekend to get to the bowl games. But if they're cool with it, we can play sometime sunday afternoon/evening.

Just won the SEC Crown! Hopefully the ass whooping was enough to move me into a spot for a national title game!

You better hope I don't get a shot to derail your national title dreams DCX...it would be sooooo sweet! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm hoping the SEC Championship was such an asswhooping, that I make it into a BCS game. Hoping for a CPU game :p

DenogginizerOS

Malleymal said:
are we waiting for sunday....
As you can see above, an attempt to play the game last night was made but there was some significant lag. It was too late to play the game over and with Az going to Clemson and not returning until Sunday, I think it is safe to say we are waiting until then.

However, I am also fine with letting Az have the win if people don't want to wait. I will be resigning as the coach of the Hokies after this season so I can better manage my Jets. :D

If you're quitting for sure, I see no reason to wait and replay it again on Sunday, unless you really want to. If you were still on the fence, and a good hard nosed football game could bring you back, then I'd definitely be all for it. It just seems like we're making everyone wait for this and it's not going to make a difference.

Lonestar

Maybe he should play our Madden game, My Patriots (ugh) will shell shock him back to the NCAA game (much better)

denogg if you're not on for season 2 ill just sim the week.

we're down to 10 now, but i believe we might have a couple people interested in the league so we'll see after all the games are done!

also (and ill get into this later), there is a "bug" in the game when you convince some of your players who are leaving for the NFL to stay, they still dont come back when the season starts. i guess this affects everyone BUT the commish (i.e. i can have them stay!) so i will just have a rule that no one can attempt to make anyone stay. it's a waste of recruiting time.

Lonestar

Same thing happening in the XBox League. Sucks, just hope that I don't get hit much. The players it chooses to do that too is random. I've had nobody leave, and I've had 2 pro draft's and 3 transfer's, all off the same year sim.

I do have an outside shot at getting Eugene or Chad Jones from LSU to transfer!

Lonestar said:
Same thing happening in the XBox League. Sucks, just hope that I don't get hit much. The players it chooses to do that too is random. I've had nobody leave, and I've had 2 pro draft's and 3 transfer's, all off the same year sim.

I do have an outside shot at getting Eugene or Chad Jones from LSU to transfer!

Eugene is shit anyways...and Chad Jones is a pine rider for life...on MY bench! >:)

Lonestar

Probably better than what I've got at the moment (though, once my Uber Recruits get to Sophmore/Junior year, I plan on having 99's at every position. Even Fullback.)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Lonestar said:
Hey, in the Xbox league, Moreno and stafford decided to not leave early!

thats whats good then... i do forget that moreno is just a sophomore, red shirt, it just seems like a while ago since i used to watch him run here in high school

Lonestar said:
Probably better than what I've got at the moment (though, once my Uber Recruits get to Sophmore/Junior year, I plan on having 99's at every position. Even Fullback.)

Good luck with that! :lol

league advanced all the way to bowl week 2 (no human players had bowls in the first week).

this week the only game is:

Oregon Vs. Kansas

still no recruiting allowed!

slated for week 3 bowls (that i remember):

penn state vs. alabama
LSU vs. wisconsin

National Championship:

ohio state vs. usc... the rematch!

lets go rolling DM so everyone else can play! stop being selfish!

LiveWire

Oh shit I'm playing Tennessee now!

pokemon_ash_ketchum.jpg

MasterCraft, I choose YOU!

546381.jpg

RAWR

Mrbob

Wat!

Just checked. Holy shit, back in a BCS bowl game! Suck it down FMT! Suck. It. Down!

But why the hell do I have to play LSU AGAIN?! Now that is just cruel BCS committee! Cruel!

I start the season against LSU....now I will have to finish it!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
league advanced all the way to bowl week 2 (no human players had bowls in the first week).

this week the only game is:

Oregon Vs. Kansas

still no recruiting allowed!

slated for week 3 bowls (that i remember):

penn state vs. alabama
LSU vs. wisconsin

National Championship:

ohio state vs. usc... the rematch!

lets go rolling DM so everyone else can play! stop being selfish!

Yessss, the spotlight is finally on ME!

I should milk this!....sorry guys, I'm....out of town! I might be able to play next Friday, MAYBE!!111

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
WOO! Blount won the Heisman! My season is complete!

Tainted. Had not Joe McKnight been injured the last 4 games he would have ran away with it

league is advanced. everyone plays (except usc ohio state). here are the matchups:

penn state vs. alabama
wisconsin vs. LSU
georgia vs. michigan state
clemson vs. pittsburgh
v-tech vs. florida
virginia vs tennessee

lone when can you play?

Lonestar

If you want to just try for now, otherwise I'm pretty busy the rest of the day.

I think DM should be kicked out. Blatant Cheating to get the Heisman. I wish I could just throw to Julio 100% of the time. I mean, it's not like I didn't throw to my #2 WR 60-70 times, to my #3 WR, and the TE, and my RB's for 30 times. Proof that I just don't do HB flats 99 times, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

TOUCHDOWN OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrbob

OMG!

I gave up a kick return with 10 seconds left in the first half.

Couple this with the punt block returned for td down 21-10 at half. :( Special teams killing me.

LiveWire

UVA takes home a winning season and a Music Bowl trophy with a 42-23 win over the Tennessee LOLunteers!

Things looked bad early on with a Lalich pick, but on the very same play one of his linemen had something to say about spider DBs:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484093

Vic Hall will be a beast next year, I'm predicting double-digit INTs. Here's a pick 6 to tie the game early after Crompton's opening drive passing TD:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484187

And finally Mikell Simpson makes his presence known on a long rushing TD:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484248

gg lonestar. those turnovers killed me :( can't believe i threw some of those passes, but the one where you returned for the td i thought that guy was going to continue dropping in the zone, but he stuck to my guy. patch #2 much improved awareness! i was actually able to get pressure on the qb and noticed an overall better presence by the db players. just wasn't able to overcome alabama offense :(

p.s. if i had my top 3 WR's things would have been different! waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Lonestar

Yeah yeah, wah wah. You would have just thrown deep if you had your speedsters, which I don't have. I went deep with a jumper and a Tight End! How about that Nick Walker! I beat you, not an overpowered football team beat you! 82 defense!!!!!!!!!!! ;P

Here's a well timed Option play (get used to more of these next year ;P ) Complete with FMT overplay!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484796

Here is a screen pass to the HB, right after a horrible sack. 3 and 19, and the last few drives FMT is showing more life...I said, well, maybe he'll blitz and the screen will work...OH YES. Complete with FMT Giving up Dives!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484908

Here's what should be play of the year (not counting video game glitches that are WOWTASTIC. A nice 56 yard Field Goal! With room to spare. And only a 3 yard wind, not at my back, but diagonal across the field! Complete with FMT UGHing!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/484833

i guarantee you that your #4 WR is better than my #1 wr in this game (i think my #1 wr is rated a 76 now, maybe a little higher). my guys also refused to catch easy interceptions while your guys did. nothing i can do about that, you beat me straight up! i should have just run run run, but i got selfish!

p.s. i should have had the right call on that screen play. i was playing zone with an overload to that side, but we all know what screens are in this game. i still could've made the play and didn't so no excuses!

Lonestar

It was a fun game, that didn't seem to be tainted by OH HORSESHIT like Hollyday on LSU, or those 99 speed fucks.

Though, that 3rd and long completion that Julio brought in, then the game replayed and IMMEDIATELY called incomplete, I really wanted to see what it looked like. Did not look like the normal incomplete animation. He did the slide down and catch animation, which usually is a catch. That pissed me off.

It sure looked like a blitz on that screen to me! JPW get's hit right after I threw it. Perfect setup!

nah it was definitely a fun game to play and i was satisfied with the way my D played, just made too many mistakes to win it.

i also thought that was a catch on that 2nd and 19. look like he slid down and the ball got in there. im afraid of letting replays run in any EA game this year, so sorry that i didn't let it run :(

Lonestar

You know you love that 56 yarder. OH YEAHHHHS And with, probably my best 4th quarter clock killing performance EVER! Even on the 4th down, getting yards just so your starting position is at the worst I could give ya :p

This is probably how you feel when you dominate with the 49'ers, isn't it.

Top Bottom