• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Shawnwhann said:
I'm loving my team right now. Virtually all my impact players are back again!

If schedules are malleable, I'd like to go toe to toe with all the powerhouses. That's right, I'm talking to you Florida, Ohio State, USC, West Vriginia, Georgia, Oregon and Michicant!!

The motto at LSU this year is..... "Leave no doubt....and a raft or two!!" :D

You already are toe to toe with the powerhouses...by being one already. -1

Lonestar

Shawnwhann said:
Hmmm.... yea....this quip isn't of your usual quality!

I blame constipation. I'm building up an unholy demon from eating at Arby's. The French Dip and Swiss sub is not sitting well...

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
I don't have a walk on, but they normally will get above 80 on both. I've had walk on kickers come on rated overall, 73-75 as freshman, which isn't bad.

Ha! My kicker is a 96 kick power and 88 accuracy! :D

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
Ha! My kicker is a 96 kick power and 88 accuracy! :D

Still, a waste of time and effort, in comparison to what you get out of the position. I remember the battle you had over that kicker. You didn't land that committment till WAY into the season. What did you get, a kicker and 5 other people? You could have built a shit ton of depth, like me, The Commish Bowl Chaaaampion. You've now got no RB's, WR's, or probably any good OL or QB players either.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Malleymal said:
I am out of the area, but will be back friday... can anyone see if I got any recruits?

Yeah, did I get any? I doubt it, but I would like to know what is going on with the Bruins.

Lonestar

I think you both did alright. From memory, I believe both UGA and UCLA were at least in the top 15 of classes. UGA probably between 5 and 10.

Main thing is, I had the most 5 star AND 4 star commitments. Can't forget that fact. And I'll probably only have 10 seniors this upcoming class, so I can't recruit too many people, or I'll have to cut people again. I know I'm going to have to cut 9 players this year.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Still, a waste of time and effort, in comparison to what you get out of the position. I remember the battle you had over that kicker. You didn't land that committment till WAY into the season. What did you get, a kicker and 5 other people? You could have built a shit ton of depth, like me, The Commish Bowl Chaaaampion. You've now got no RB's, WR's, or probably any good OL or QB players either.

Whoopdeedoo. This kicker will nail anything from 55 or less, giving me at least 2 more wins based on the results of last season. Don't forget, I got the #2 and #5 overall WRs too, I now have 6 WRs 4 with 90+ speed. Considering that it's UVA and not USC I'm using, I'd say I'm doing pretty well...but of course the proof is in the pudding! Bring on the new season and I'll show you the All-American Freshman talent! :D

Lonestar

I'm thinking here's what I'm going to unleash, Freshman wise. I'll play Shuler the MLB. He's too good overall to redshirt. Probably go to 3-4 because of him.

I feel comfortable playing the #1 Tackle, and moving Andre Smith to Guard position (for a 97/98 rated Tackle, he seems too big and lets people run around him for some reason, seems more natural as a Guard, and I'll let him fill in at LG where I don't have quality yet). Hodges the RB will probably play, at least as the backup.

Prepare for Grant/Jackson/Hodges in the shotgun. Might even run some wishbone if I can find a playbook that matches what I want.

Thomas the TE, I really like what he brings to the TE position, even though He might be 3rd or 4 in the Depth Chart. Might bring him up.

Butler, the #1 CB might get playing time at Nickel, depending on how my other players improve in training.

Rest will probably redshirt, meaning more seasoned players that still have 4 years of eligibility left.

I think up way too much on this, but as a college football fan, it's addictive. It's Pokemon for Men. Manly Men.

ITISGREENMANcopy.jpg

Green Men

Lonestar

I'm up for it if FMT will schedule it (I'd be home this year) I would like to make the Penn State/Alabama game a yearly thing as well :p

ha! you say "we should have a say" as if i didn't specifically post "if you want any specific matchups, please say so". which i did! :D

my one mission this year: destroy ohio state and alabama. i don't care if i go 2-11. i will have my revenge!

Lonestar

It's the fun of Rivalries. Always wanting comeuppance. If you beat me this year, I'll just swear revenge and jihad. Never ending cycle of Football Death. Funtimes.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i've already taken care of you in awesome fashion bob. nothing you do to me will top it! i cost you a shot at the national title and it feels so right!

You don't want revenge for me starting you off 0-1?!

Don't forget where your season began!

advanced! actually i advanced past the "training results" as well, as there is nothing for you to do there but view your teams new ratings. it was pointless for me to let the league sit on this week for a couple days because you can STILL see your ratings right now.

we are officially in the "cut" portion. this is where you trim your roster down to 70 people and walk in's also show up. i only had to cut 1 guy (a DT). hopefully you all have tougher decisions to make!

i will be advancing this on friday at appox. 5:30 pm pst. no excuses, it LITERALLY takes about 5 minutes from the time you boot up your ps3 to the time you are done cutting the few people that need cutting. if you aren't done by friday at this time, then the CPU will do it for you (which might not be so bad anyways!)

then the pre-season begins!

Lonestar

if I'm correct, I have turned my team from 88 offense 82 defense, to a 90 offense and 87 defense! The Process is working!

the game says i have the 2nd best draft class behind alabama. thats fine, i will destroy alabama to make it the best draft class!

what i find odd is i got a "speed" wr whose speed is 92. and then a "balanced wr" whose speed is 93. whatever though. im kind of bummed that my ovr 70 wr has a 98 speed, because i can't red shirt that. not after injuries decimated my wr's last year and i was left with fucking no-speed receivers for half the season. now i will be ready!

p.s. hurry up and make your cuts whoever hasn't (dmczaf!)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. hurry up and make your cuts whoever hasn't (dmczaf!)

I care about every one of these kids!! I can't just cut them all willy nilly like that!!

TAKE IT OUT ON ME!! IM A MAN!

dskillzhtown

Can someone give me a few bullet points on my team (UCLA). Not asking for a book, but it could be next Tuesday/Wednesday before I get power back.

i dont even think you can look at other teams pre-season roster (there is no "depth chart" menu even for your own team, just a "players to cut" thing which shows all your players but there is no button to switch teams and look at someone elses team... unless im missing something)

dskillzhtown

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont even think you can look at other teams pre-season roster (there is no "depth chart" menu even for your own team, just a "players to cut" thing which shows all your players but there is no button to switch teams and look at someone elses team... unless im missing something)

Okay, thanks.

advanced!

we are now in the stage where it groups all the activities into one "advancement". so you can do your pre-season recruiting, redshirt, depth chart all at once.

i will be advancing on sunday night. i repeat, I WILL BE ADVANCING TO THE REGULAR SEASON ON SUNDAY NIGHT AT 8PM PST!

one last thing:

IF YOU HAVE ANY SCHEDULING ISSUES YOU WANT TO BRING UP, POST HERE OR PM ME. that includes games you might want to play against the cpu team, human opponents, or whatever. i don't want to hear any crying about you didn't get to play this game or that game unless you bring it up!

Lonestar

All I can think of in Scheduling, is to have Home games against you and Az (I was away last year!) I'm going to end up playing Shawn. If EA has the scheduling correct, I won't be playing Malley (rotating SEC East schedule=2 years, and our first EA season would be the 2nd of the 2 years, but EA might end up making play Georgia, I don't know). I'd like to play Dskillz and DmCzaf.

Are we still at 11 people or what?

Do NOT remove my OOC game against south carolina. Also, if you could make that a home game for me this year since you removed my home game against them last year, that would be swell. If I could get a home game against the Ohio State underachievers that would be swell too. I want to complete that home-and-home.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
IF YOU HAVE ANY SCHEDULING ISSUES YOU WANT TO BRING UP, POST HERE OR PM ME. that includes games you might want to play against the cpu team, human opponents, or whatever. i don't want to hear any crying about you didn't get to play this game or that game unless you bring it up!

Please make sure I have a Clemson matchup. Wouldn't mind a Wisconsin rematch. Overall I'd like to have at least 4 or 5 ranked teams (conference or not) on my schedule. Thanks!

LiveWire said:
Please make sure I have a Clemson matchup. Wouldn't mind a Wisconsin rematch. Overall I'd like to have at least 4 or 5 ranked teams (conference or not) on my schedule. Thanks!

Our matchups depend on the conference schedule. But we do play each other this year.

the schedules are up with the requested matchups. there was one matchup i could not do (LSU vs. ohio state). i tried my best but things just couldn't work out with the necessary games (i can't change conference schedules) and then the open weeks weren't matching up to make the game happen. sorry dudes! just make it to the national title game together to play!

all of the other games i did get in, including south carolina @ clemson (which i had to manually schedule for some reason). also got alabamas requested home games in.

i also want to make it known that i changed all "easy" games (i.e. FIU, other shitty schools) to at least decent CPU teams. this may not be 100% realistic, but its too easy to beat up on these teams. i guess that's how it is in real life too, but unlike in real life even the highly ranked CPU teams have a hard time hanging with a human opponent. so cry me a river if you wanted to beat joe nobody university 150-0!

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Livewire's playing with a QB that just got dismissed off the team! :lol :lol

It's OK, Riko is ready willing and able to take over for him!

if you thought Pete's scrambling was bad wait until you see Riko's 92 acceleration. :D

well, i gave plenty of advanced warning on when it would advance. all of friday night, all saturday, and basically all sunday. the CPU handles those duties if you don't do them anyways. again i apologize but we need to get this gravy train movin!

Top Bottom