• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I remember CK and Bishop both mention interest, but that was awhile back. Could try talking to them both. Could try to persuade Dammitmattt to move from 360 to PS3 leagues (or try for both like me :p)

I'm about to switch back over to PS3 malley.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wisconsin is a CPU team now, and heisman sliders have been restored.

if anyone knows people, we have 2 spots open in the league (3 after shawn leaves at seasons end). maybe ill post in the regular gaming section to solicit members!

I'm still trying to sell Online Dynasty to Rors! I'll get him someday!

Lonestar

GG Malley.

I won the game!! I scored 36 for me and 21 for him! Right?

Really Malley, 4 wide 1 RB the whole game, except for 3 or 4 3-1-1 :(

I don't want to run nickel and dime the whole damn game!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG but wtf with that 4 wide message? I chose a different offensive playbook (hawaii) and had no idea they only had Shotgun and ace formation... shit my passing acounted for like 2 scores if that, and the only pass that went somewhere was a playaction out of the ace set... I didnt say anything about them HB screens you used. well I am now, but I didnt before...

still gg

edit didnt see what you wrote before I sent the last message, I dont play the game enough to know all the playbooks, trust me, i was mad when i saw the playbook and scared the girl when i screamed wtf is this shit after seeing the playbook

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Malleymal said:
GG but wtf with that 4 wide message? I chose a different offensive playbook (hawaii) and had no idea they only had Shotgun and ace formation... shit my passing acounted for like 2 scores if that, and the only pass that went somewhere was a playaction out of the ace set... I didnt say anything about them HB screens you used. well I am now, but I didnt before...

still gg

Hawaii runs the spread/Run & shoot offense. pretty much shotgun exclusive. im surprised the even had an ace formation.

Edit: who do we have left that has to play/recruit this week?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i thought they would have some decent pass formations, since georgia has none, and i was shocked when ace had 2 choices and then shotgun had 17... I have never seen so many different options for one formation.

Lonestar

There's like 15 different shotguns for florida, but they had 2 Ace formations (regular and twin WR) and 1 I form. Their Goaline has the 3 RB/2TE set (does everyone have this one?)

I think I'm playing the 360 game tomorrow, and I'll be out of town Friday night till sometime Sunday. I don't know how it'll play out. I have a CPU game I believe.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea no Iform with hawaii...

DCX, Dskillz and Shawn have to play the comp..

after that we are done and can advance...

FMT you also have to use your last 5 mins of recruiting... dont leave it on the table.

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:

FMT you also have to use your last 5 mins of recruiting... dont leave it on the table.
Played me game and i shit the bed in 3 OTs! I channeled my inner Ryan and threw 6-7 picks, nice!!

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Malleymal said:

I will play my game today. Sorry dudes for holding it up.

edit - I will be playing tonight. Couldn't get it in at lunch.

Lonestar

Hope we can advance tonight, it'll let me get the CPU stuff out of the way before I tentatively leave town tomorrow night. But I'll be back Sunday night.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shawnwhann said:
Tried to play my game last night and this morning and the EA servers were down... :(

I played mine at 6:30AM Central. I lost 3 starters to injury, but my back-ups actually played better.

WTF... is anyone else having issues with the game freezing vs. the CPU? Happened on back to back games vs Florida at LSU stadium. What I wouldn't give for one game where there aren't online issues...

EDIT - FUCK!!! Holliday is out for 8 weeks with a torn shoulder :(

DOUBLE EDIT - After being on my way to 2 wins and having the game freeze, to sucking it up and playing a 3rd time; I end up losing to the rubberband AI on a last second field goal and losing my top two running backs to injuries for several weeks.

With apathy at a fever pitch, I've officially retired from the online dynasty. While the league setup is great, I like playing actual people and I don't get to do it enough here. Sorry for the early exit, but it's time I bow out and quit holding up you guys up every week as it felt like a chore. Have fun guys!

DCX

DCX
lol, lose and leave...nice :) I know you was leaving, but i know if you didn't lose you would have played through to win a championship :lol I know you to well :p

DCX

mrbob syndrome strikes again!

i'll advance now.

and malley if you know anyone who wants in they can be in! and that goes for anyone! 3 spots open and it'd be cool if we could fill them. eventually i'll make a post at the main gaming board soliciting players!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mrbob syndrome strikes again!

SHUT UP! IM TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME!!

62147.jpg

DCX said:
lol, lose and leave...nice :) I know you was leaving, but i know if you didn't lose you would have played through to win a championship :lol I know you to well :p

DCX

As annoying as you are in a lot of respects (i.e. always starting shit and provoking a pointed response), I'm thankful that you are around as it provides an easy win every time we play. Best of luck with Vick .25!

Lonestar

What the...nother one goes down....

Maybe a Rematch against Georgia now in the SEC Championship???

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
As annoying as you are in a lot of respects (i.e. always starting shit and provoking a pointed response), I'm thankful that you are around as it provides an easy win every time we play. Best of luck with Vick .25!
:lol :lol :lol You are to easy to mess with...wish i knew you in real life, it would be really fun. Easy wins eh? Whatever makes you happy my good man. :lol :lol I'll see you in 2k for sure.

DCX

CB3

the #1 ranked HB is back to #1 interest for USC. He will be mine! if i can get him, Joe McKnight leaving early wont be as huge of a blow as it should be

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok guys my brother kinda rocks and went out and bought this today for the PS3 and a brand new 360,so even though I have no clue how this dynasty league works I'll join it if you want another player.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Ok guys my brother kinda rocks and went out and bought this today for the PS3 and a brand new 360,so even though I have no clue how this dynasty league works I'll join it if you want another player.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

Welcome FRIEND.

DCX

DCX
Eureka! Sweet, the best of the availible teams would be LSU, do to them being 4-1, but pick the team you want, i'm sure FMT will list them, welcome aboard.

DCX

i'll add you later today matrix. what team do you want? you can have any available team from the Big Ten, ACC, or SEC. the only conference who does not have an open team is the Pac 10.

welcome!

Lonestar

Heck, see if he'll join as well! :p

There's still Florida out there, a spot somewhere in the Big 10.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll add you later today matrix. what team do you want? you can have any available team from the Big Ten, ACC, or SEC. the only conference who does not have an open team is the Pac 10.

welcome!

I hearby rename the Pac-10 to "CB's Trojans and 9 other teams"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cool,I'll take Florida.

k, im advancing now. matrix, check your PSN for the florida invite.

p.s. you are in the national title hunt by default. your computer friends also caused shawnhann to quit the league ;)

Matrix

anyhow matrix just a brief crash course on online dynasty:

if you have ever played single player dynasty it is identical. you have 10 hours of recuriting every week which you should absolutely use. injuries, hot/cold streaks, etc are all a factor. you play CPU games half the season (obviously we only have 10 people in the league you're going to be playing some games against the cpu). but be warned, we are playing at a high cpu difficulty so no true cake walks against ranked teams.

besides that the usual junk: sim ball, take your starters out if you are demolishing a team, no running the score up bob style (145-0).

Matrix

I just signed in and was looking at it,I think I understand how this works.So It looks like I have a human opponent this week *Malley*and then 10 hours of recruiting till the next week is advanced,where I could end up playing the cpu?

I'm just curious the status of this week.Do I play Malley since you just advanced? Is there a lobby where I meet him?

I really didn't check it all out yet.

you play malley.

all you do is go to the "dynasty headquarters" and click X on your team, then your options come up. click "invite opponent to this weeks game" and it takes you into the matchup screen. of course you do this when he is online.

you can also check out your rosters and make any depth chart changes needed. although i doubt it with florida!

Matrix

Ok cool.

How long do we have till you advance the week? Also when I play the cpu how does that work,that's more confusing to me for some reason :\ I have to be online for that?

Lonestar

Malley said he wouldn't be able to make the game though...

Yeah, you just have to be online in the machine to play the game. Plays just like playing an offline game against the CPU. It sends the results automatically once you exit the game, back to the menu.

Matrix

Ahhh ok got it.

So since Malley cant' make the game...what happens? FREE W OMG THIS GAME ROCKS :O

Top Bottom