• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

malley didn't say he couldn't play your game, he said he couldn't play last weeks game against the CPU

p.s. CB are you not playing in the NBA 2k league? i thought you beat shawn for the rights to the lakers but he said no

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
malley didn't say he couldn't play your game, he said he couldn't play last weeks game against the CPU

p.s. CB are you not playing in the NBA 2k league? i thought you beat shawn for the rights to the lakers but he said no

he won 2 out of 3

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Ok cool.

Malley,let me know what times are good for you this week.I need a couple of days or at least one day to practice with my team and the game if that's cool?

Ugh. I'm pretty sure I just lost the #1 recruit in the country. I somehow jumped CB again in his top schools list but his visit was this week and unless he likes thrilling triple overtime games, I'm pretty sure I lost him. Dammit, I should've scheduled his visit during a cupcake game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Azwethinkweiz said:
Ugh. I'm pretty sure I just lost the #1 recruit in the country. I somehow jumped CB again in his top schools list but his visit was this week and unless he likes thrilling triple overtime games, I'm pretty sure I lost him. Dammit, I should've scheduled his visit during a cupcake game.

I think it is more about what you do with him on his trip other than the actual game.

DCX

DCX
I'm started to wonder if i'm just wasting my time :/ Seriously, 0-4 redzone. Just about every turnover led to a score directly or indirectly. 80% pass completion means shit! no sacks and no turnovers forced, nice...can't wait to see what the Knicks will bring me in the nba 2K9 league.

DCX

sweet revenge, 24-7 over ohio state!

it was a back and forth game and pretty close all the way through but i got a couple defensive TD's to put it away. i played as conservative as i could on offense because last time it just turned into a turnover fest for me against OSU and i knew if i tried passing all over the field with a WORSE qb the results would have been the same.

almost broke a couple big runs but i was content to punt it rather than turn it over. good D, dcx, just a couple mistakes on offense cost you. why didn't you slide with the qb? or were you trying to? there was a bit of lag, wasn't too bad but it did affect a few of my kickoffs and made me miss a fg. what can you do

the most telling stat is ohio state 4 redzone attempts and 0 points on those 4 attempts.

maybe i can finally move up in the polls. 6-1 come on voters!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix, take your time getting acquainted, I am home today all day... but will be heading to NY for weds and thursday ,back friday... let me know.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:
I'm started to wonder if i'm just wasting my time :/ Seriously, 0-4 redzone. Just about every turnover led to a score directly or indirectly. 80% pass completion means shit! no sacks and no turnovers forced, nice...can't wait to see what the Knicks will bring me in the nba 2K9 league.

DCX

The thing with this game, I can look at recruits I am getting and see light at the end of the tunnel. Actually, I am looking at depth chart changes I have made that have made my team better than even the start of the season.

I am just trying to get to 6 wins so I can get a bowl game. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's all about Building for the future!

And holy shit, dudes, the CPU is fucking brutal. I'm basically stuck to just running, it's the only thing working!

I did take that #1 MLB. Coming up, the #1 DT and #1 WR!!!

Lonestar said:
It's all about Building for the future!

And holy shit, dudes, the CPU is fucking brutal. I'm basically stuck to just running, it's the only thing working!

I did take that #1 MLB. Coming up, the #1 DT and #1 WR!!!

I bumped the #1 WR's visit up to this week, hoping to get him to drop his soft commit to you. Let's see how it goes!

Lonestar

Probably won't work, since I spent 2 hours talking to him :p

And I have a secret WR with insane rating grades...and isn't a 5 star.

DCX

DCX
dskillzhtown said:
The thing with this game, I can look at recruits I am getting and see light at the end of the tunnel. Actually, I am looking at depth chart changes I have made that have made my team better than even the start of the season.

I am just trying to get to 6 wins so I can get a bowl game. :lol
I have a strong recruiting class coming in next year but the thing is i'm a damaged player right now.

I go into games not wanting to lose, i go into drives not wanting to turn the ball over, and when i get to the red zone i just forced myself to score a TD and not settle for a FG. If i kicked 4 FGs and not missed the 33 yarder that i did i would have had the game tied going into OT, but no, i made dumb plays, forced the ball into sliver openings and just played shitty. A talented team with misguiding leadership equals a loss every time.

I have to get myself back on track and just play the game and stop micromanaging things.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal said:
Matrix, take your time getting acquainted, I am home today all day... but will be heading to NY for weds and thursday ,back friday... let me know.

I'd rather play Friday so I can have some more time with the game.

If that's cool with you and everyone else?

PSN is also going down today cause of a new firmware update.

Matrix

Thing is he's going away for two days and the PSN is going down later today/tonight so we couldn't play anyway unless it's late tonight.I wouldn't be free to lose to him till at least 11 pm est and that's if he even would want to play that late when he has to leave the next day.

It looks like it has to be Friday :\

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it was a 23 yarder, you had the ball at the 5 :(

it was a weird angle though!
I can count on you to bring it all into perspective :lol :lol :lol bottom line, i need to wake the fuck up, cue Rocky theme and start playing ball

DCX

DCX said:
I can count on you to bring it all into perspective :lol :lol :lol bottom line, i need to wake the fuck up, cue Rocky theme and start playing ball

DCX

If you could wait until after we play our game this season to wake the fuck up, that would be super.

Matrix

Sorry Malley,I passed out early...I'm becoming an old fart.

I'll be free to play anytime Friday.

CB3

Matrix said:
Sorry Malley,I passed out early...I'm becoming an old fart.

I'll be free to play anytime Friday.

only like 2 days in your NCAA career and you already lagging us!
not to mention you arent MAN enough to join the 360 2k9 league.

what a dick...

join us!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I have someone that is interested in the league, he just picked up the game and will take whats available... get me a list of the teams available for him when you can.. thanks guys... off to long island

notable teams available:

SEC: None available; already 3 people in this division

Pac 10: None available; already 3 people in this division

ACC: Every team but Clemson and Virginia! Florida State is probably the most appealing, but there are a few other good teams here (including North Carolina and Virginia Tech)

Big 10: Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue

He can have any available team he wants!

LiveWire

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to drop out of the the league. I can't stand playing as UVA anymore. It's just impossible to beat any ranked team on Heisman with a non-marquee school. I'm throwing out every trick in the book, playing conservative, playing wild, it doesn't matter. I get destroyed. I can't recruit either because it takes all my time and the entire season to get a top prospect committed when marquee schools lock them up in a few weeks. I knew it would be a little harder going in (I actually wanted Tennessee from the SEC but I wasn't around to post the weekend selection was made), but this is ridiculous. There's just no chance to compete. :/

CB3

LiveWire said:
Hey guys, I'm gonna have to drop out of the the league. I can't stand playing as UVA anymore. It's just impossible to beat any ranked team on Heisman with a non-marquee school. I'm throwing out every trick in the book, playing conservative, playing wild, it doesn't matter. I get destroyed. I can't recruit either because it takes all my time and the entire season to get a top prospect committed when marquee schools lock them up in a few weeks. I knew it would be a little harder going in (I actually wanted Tennessee from the SEC but I wasn't around to post the weekend selection was made), but this is ridiculous. There's just no chance to compete. :/

just go in as another team, no? you can switch teams

Matrix

Cant you drop out and then rejoin with a better team? Not sure if thats possible.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD CB!

LiveWire said:

Just switch to FSU or something then.

livewire take whoever you want that is remaining!

there are some really good teams on the board, including wisconsin, florida state, virginia tech, etc. florida states D is a 99.

not sure why you picked virginia, and tennessee wouldn't be much better for you. there were still plenty (and ARE) powerhouses left when you picked, i thought you had some tie to virginia. just pick a different team, i'll "fire" you!

Matrix

Malley,I'll be home all day tomorrow so let me know in here or a PM when you can play.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am at my parents, and will be heading to my place in like 20 mins... if you can play around 4 EST we can do that.. I have a meeting at 5:30 to 9:30 tonight, so we can go after that too...

Hey, so I'm going to be in Clemson this weekend to see the debut of the Dabo Swinney/Willy Korn project, so if you guys could be so kind as to not have a 1 day play week like you did last time I was in Clemson, that would be fabulous.:D

I'll play my game as soon as I get back on Sunday, I swear.

To clarify. I've already played this week's game. I'm just saying this because the last time I left for a weekend the league got advanced twice.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix, back at my place, updating the firmware, we can go whenever you are ready.. but I have to start before 4. thanks man

Matrix

Malley,I can play now,you ready,I'll go on?

Matrix

Holy shit,awesome game Malley.

This game is so much more fun than Madden.

And fuck the missing 20 something fg curse continues for me :( It almost cost me the game.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Holy shit,awesome game Malley.

This game is so much more fun than Madden.

And fuck the missing 20 something fg curse continues for me :( It almost cost me the game.

let me copy-paste this in Madden league :p

Game should be almost a bit easy for you. You've got a loaded team, and you should be able to bring in good talent easy right off the bat in recruiting.

Matrix

Well it might start to get easier,Ive hadn't really played it much since I got it.Malley is a really good player and has a nice team as well,so it made for a great game.

I do like that you can throw deep passes in this game :p Though I dropped one that should have been caught,practically wide open.

I also gave up a kick return td,that's going to happen like once a game for me :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea Great game man.... missed fg that i should have hit... it had the distance!!!!!! and yea that drop was crazy... i swore you had the td

Matrix

The little amount of wind we had played a part on you missing that and yea I thought I had that catch too.It was in my hands and just fell out.

Btw,I noticed we have real player names in the league.How or is there anyway I could have the rosters with the names to play with offline outside of the dynasty? Anyone know?

edit- nm,found out how to do it using the ea locker room.

Top Bottom