• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

t1407556800z4.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Post dem scores

To be expected at the beginning of the tourney. Matches will get crazy towards the end.

Again I'm bitter here, we got swept, lost the survivors round 4-3 but a few things.

Had to sub MULTIPLE people. Other team had higher levels and access to better boosters/weapons. Our teams best player was unable to make it. Should've paid attention more I guess it snuck up on me, but I didn't think we'd have to power it out in three days, thought we'd set schedules that worked for everyone over time. My fault, but I should've been more vocal.

Sounds like a smash tournament, but ground should've been a little more even as far as restrictions go. No bow, unless we can unlock it for everyone, no DLC perks, etc. Disappointed because our team is better than a sweep, hopefully next time around I get it better I guess.

Alienous

Again I'm bitter here, we got swept, lost the survivors round 4-3 but a few things.

Had to sub MULTIPLE people. Other team had higher levels and access to better boosters/weapons. Our teams best player was unable to make it. Should've paid attention more I guess it snuck up on me, but I didn't think we'd have to power it out in three days, thought we'd set schedules that worked for everyone over time. My fault, but I should've been more vocal.

Sounds like a smash tournament, but ground should've been a little more even as far as restrictions go. No bow, unless we can unlock it for everyone, no DLC perks, etc. Disappointed because our team is better than a sweep, hopefully next time around I get it better I guess.

The first of hopefully many matches. Chin up and win the losers bracket.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You guys could have rescheduled.

Felt like shit forcing it back once I realized how ti was all going down. Besides it's difficult with my team we would've been free Sunday night, which is the time we all agreed on. Was hoping the tourney was over the course of a week or so, to make sure everyone could get a time. I guess we'll play the losers bracket with our full team... kinda feels empty at that point, but it was all in good fun anyways. Just ranting, more mad at myself for not understanding the rules, but if it wasn't obvious one of our teammates was either level 0 or 1, has never even really gotten to get chemistry with us. He's damn good at games, just literally called him as a spot sub, felt bad lol.

Alienous

Felt like shit forcing it back once I realized how ti was all going down. Besides it's difficult with my team we would've been free Sunday night, which is the time we all agreed on. Was hoping the tourney was over the course of a week or so, to make sure everyone could get a time. I guess we'll play the losers bracket with our full team... kinda feels empty at that point, but it was all in good fun anyways. Just ranting, more mad at myself for not understanding the rules, but if it wasn't obvious one of our teammates was either level 0 or 1, has never even really gotten to get chemistry with us. He's damn good at games, just literally called him as a spot sub, felt bad lol.

You can actually still win the tournament, that's the joy of the losers bracket. Start practicing as soon as you can.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So for losers bracket, we're free sunday night if that works for whoever we're versing. Is there anyway to level off the bow/boosters stuff?

Gaz_RB

Updated Bracket
http://challonge.com/TLOUGAF

So for losers bracket, we're free sunday night if that works for whoever we're versing. Is there anyway to level off the bow/boosters stuff?

No boosters in private matches.

Also, I'm sorry for the issues you've had, but I can't take the blame for most of them. I've tried to keep this thread updated on all the latest updates and changes, and for this type of tournament, it is on the teams to communicate with me and keep themselves updated. Though I do feel bad for you.

Lastly, while I let this slip in your last match because your team was having issues, Team IFA must post a link to their next match's stream in the thread or you will be disqualified. Make sure you've read the OP and the Protocol.

Moofers

Man what an awesome night having all these matches going on! I got to play in one and there are others I get to watch! Never seen anything like this get organized on such a small scale but then grow to become the awesome community-driven thing it is tonight. Way cool that we have so many people involved both watching and playing.

Well done to everyone who has helped. Gaz, VisceralBowl, all the awesome people with donations, etc.

Top Bottom