• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Tagg9

Free agent in the Pacific Northwest! (PST Timezone)

I'll be playing late Friday and again on Saturday evening and streaming if you want to check out my skills. I'm a veteran for sure. Played to week 70+ on PS3 and am currently week 3 on ps4. Consistently the top guy on my team if not the room.

Not trying to claim I'm God-tier, but I do well most of the time. I have a mic as well.

PSN handle: Unoillnino

I'll join you if you like (although my skills don't come anywhere close to yours by the sound of things).

Unstable

Throw me in the free agents pile.
PSN is UnstabieH2o (The L in Unstable is an i)
First timer here, but I am a try-hard at anything multiplayer.

Ahh this sounds sooo good! I wish I had time to compete. Would be so fun with gaffers along with streaming. I'm not on at definite times unfortunately though :(

May as well add me into the Free agent pool. I'll be playing this game exclusively for quite some time whilst online!

PSN: WirableSea

I think we should seriously discuss the banning of DLC weapons and perks from the tourny.
I really see no reason as to why they shouldn't be banned. Everyone should be on an even till.

Great thread Gaz, thanks for putting this together.

Hopefully the group Ive been playing with can figure out who all is on the team.

Gray Matter

I think we should seriously discuss the banning of DLC weapons and perks from the tourny.
I really see no reason as to why they shouldn't be banned. Everyone should be on an even till.

I don't want to start an argument like the other thread, but I don't see why DLC should be out the tourney.

AKyemeni

The DLC weapons and skills are neither overpowered nor broken, so I see no reason to ban them.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Regular GAF multiplayer tournaments should be a thing. We have these beautiful consoles that can stream at the press of a button now, so all of GAF can enjoy it.

And no, I don't want this idea to die a slow death in the gaming community forum. :(
This looks rad, i'm picking up the game in a week or so so I won't be able to join, but i'd watch a stream or archive anytime.

Gaz_RB

So best of 3 with three different game types? Or do people have a different structure in mind.

Best of three in just the two different game types, unless others really want an Interrogation bracket.

I'm still not sure how many teams we'll actually have, so I hesitate to split the possibly small amount of participants by 3. If we don't have even enough for two, I'll combine the two gamemode brackets into a more in depth bracket involving both Survivors and Supply Raid. It's still fairly tentative.
Regular GAF multiplayer tournaments should be a thing. We have these beautiful consoles that can stream at the press of a button now, so all of GAF can enjoy it.

And no, I don't want this idea to die a slow death in the gaming community forum. :(
This looks rad, i'm picking up the game in a week or so so I won't be able to join, but i'd watch a stream or archive anytime.

I agree 100%, especially with the ease of streaming, like you said. It's no longer just a competition for the entrants, but entertainment for all of GAF that wants to be a part of it, participant or spectator. Hopefully this one goes really well and can set sort of a precedent. But we'll see how the interest is.

Moofers

Still waiting to get added to the free agents list!

I'll join a forming team, but I could also captain one myself. I'd like to play a bit with my teammates beforehand, so if you can get on tonight after 9pm PST or tomorrow after 7pm PST we could get introduced and kind of finalize the team by playing together a bit.

Tagg9 that goes for you too. I don't care how new you are, there's room on my team for anyone who has a good attitude and preferably a mic. Just come play a bit this weekend so we can get introduced and practice together.

Gaz_RB

Still waiting to get added to the free agents list!

I'll join a forming team, but I could also captain one myself. I'd like to play a bit with my teammates beforehand, so if you can get on tonight after 9pm PST or tomorrow after 7pm PST we could get introduced and kind of finalize the team by playing together a bit.

Tagg9 that goes for you too. I don't care how new you are, there's room on my team for anyone who has a good attitude and preferably a mic. Just come play a bit this weekend so we can get introduced and practice together.

Oh, sorry, I thought I added you!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm psyched for this, we're so rusty, hoping this weekend will get us back in to the swing of things.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm gonna talk to some gaffers tnght and form a team

Team IFA
Whiteshirtkyd/msdstc
QU3N/ no gaf
Gsantos613/no gaf
Mushroom021/Mushroom021

Supply raid

Mostly Fridays, occasionaly saturday nights.

non gaffers in a gaf tourny?

Alienous

There's seven teams worth of participants now.

That's good. Hopefully we can get at least 8, and then the free agents who aren't 'drafted' can be paired into groups of their choosing.

Hey Gaz thanks for adding me to the Free agent list but fyi, my PSN is Super_Rookie not Super Rookie as Sony don't understand spaces

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I want to be added to the free agent list please.

PSN:colingt255

I look froward to being a part of an underdog team!

Moofers

Is nobody here in the US west coast time zone? I'd just start a team but I wanna practice this weekend and nobody is biting.

*edit*
Ok my bad I have two people interested it seems. Still looking for one more. Anyone who can practice this Saturday night. Or tonight even if you can deal with 9pm PST

Moofers

My plans for tonight have opened way up. I'll be on in an hour and plan to spend a good chunk of the rest of my day/night playing this. If anyone can get on, come practice and we can link the stream here.

PSN: unoillnino

I'll be able to practice with you tomorrow night but I won't be competing with you as I am already on a team.

Edit: West Coast of course.
PSN is on my GAF profile.

Palocca

Is nobody here in the US west coast time zone? I'd just start a team but I wanna practice this weekend and nobody is biting.

*edit*
Ok my bad I have two people interested it seems. Still looking for one more. Anyone who can practice this Saturday night. Or tonight even if you can deal with 9pm PST

I'm down to practice Saturday night. I'm on west coast.

PSN's theFLYINGPIGEON

Moofers

Something came up and I'm delayed. I'll add some of you when I actually do get on tonight. Sorry to anyone who may have been looking for me!

Top Bottom