• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Gaz_RB

Hey Gaz I got another team, we've just gotta get everyone together and come up with a name and such. Hoping to get it done by monday, but you never know, so would tuesday be bad?

Yoooo
Ill add it to the OP, but that deadline is sort of soft. I won't turn people away afterwards!

DigiMish

Hey guys, I'm looking for a team!

I did both the Hunter and the Firefly journey on the PS3, so I know what I'm doing for the most part :)

Eios

Realize its near deadline, but if any team needs a member feel free to try me. I think that I am a pretty good player, but feel free to test run me if you're not sure, no hard feelings.

PSN: MrTerrigood

I have a question about times of matches. Is it going to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Or just whichever day people can get together? Just not sure one or all of us can make each day.

Anyway, my team

Cincinnati One Hitters

Man-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete
Lingse22
B_513
Gmitch528

SURVIVORS

Strider

Yea this tournament is gonna be amazing. Going through the list of teams/players the group as whole is pretty amazing.

Lots and lots of pub stompers and even a couple that have competed professionally before in other games if I'm remembering correctly.

beta_fuse

Ok so it is pretty much official, team Shivver Me Timbers is for real (name is subject to change). We are currently registering for the Supply Raid Tourney however we might also join Survivors

Team Shivver Me Timbers
(GAF/PSN)
beta_fuse / march_in_march
Canucked / CanuckicusRex
TheLostBigBoss / dkuch
pistolpete2940 / pistolpete294

Slogan: Shivv It Up Your Ass

I think since most teams have signed up for both gametypes that everyone should be playing both gametypes or all do the same gametype. Makes for a more balanced tournament

KooPaL

Anyone need another player? I think I am good and my best asset is I have a mic and will use it :)

Psn: KooPaL-

Korten

Banned
Team Ravagers (Sorry, unoriginal)
GAF - PSN
Korten - Korten12
Rhucoon (Not on GAF) - Rhucoon
Eios - MrTerrigood
Super Rookie - Super_Rookie

Supply Raid and Survivors

Gaz_RB

Ten teams!

0383_ddf92laj6v.gif

Gaz_RB

I'd like to announce a rather large addition to the prize pool:
Naughty Dog/arne will be donating one signed TLOU:R steelbook.

The way I will assign this prize is this-one player from the winning team will be chosen, at random, to receive the steelbook. I thought maybe to base it on points earned in game, but I think that would encourage play styles that would be detrimental to the competition.

Also, with that, I've decided that since most teams have signed up for both brackets that they will be combined into a more in depth tournament. It will no longer be single elimination, and will involve both game modes. I will update the OP soon with details as to how all of that will work. This change will allow more interesting competition, I think, as well as an increased prize pool for the winners, since there will only be 3 winning teams rather than 6. I hope this doesn't dissuade anyone from wanting to compete, and I apologize for the sudden change. If you have any questions, PM me or post in this thread.

Thanks everyone! Hope you all are looking forward to it.

Late as fuck to this since I've been playing the single player a lot recently, but if anyone is looking for a free agent still(or 3 others want to join up), I'm here for the taking. I'd say I'm pretty good. I have 5 days logged in on the PS3 version, have the platinum trophy on the PS3(if that counts for anything), and for the PS4 version, I only need to complete the two 12 weeks trophies to 100% everything in the game. Also, I got that pain in the ass 3 stars badge of honor in Uncharted 3 if that counts for anything. Here's proof of my skills:

3eTheLastofUsRemastere.jpg

And that was with a revolver only. And look at those revives. You said goddamn. Also, I made that OT name! Sooo...any takers? :D

That terrible, terrible feeling when you realize your TLoU resume > your irl resume

IndustryX

Still looking for a team as a free agent. Have beat the game three times, and just beat left behind on survivor. I have played a decent amount online and would say I'm pretty good.

Late as fuck to this since I've been playing the single player a lot recently, but if anyone is looking for a free agent still(or 3 others want to join up), I'm here for the taking. I'd say I'm pretty good. I have 5 days logged in on the PS3 version, have the platinum trophy on the PS3(if that counts for anything), and for the PS4 version, I only need to complete the two 12 weeks trophies to 100% everything in the game. Also, I got that pain in the ass 3 stars badge of honor in Uncharted 3 if that counts for anything. Here's proof of my skills:

3eTheLastofUsRemastere.jpg

And that was with a revolver only. And look at those revives. You said goddamn. Also, I made that OT name! Sooo...any takers? :D

That terrible, terrible feeling when you realize your TLoU resume > your irl resume

Still looking for a team as a free agent. Have beat the game three times, and just beat left behind on survivor. I have played a decent amount online and would say I'm pretty good.

Let's all play 2gether. Best friends, doing best friends things. We'll call ourselves The Best Friends Club.

Psn:Krappadizzle

Let's all play 2gether. Best friends, doing best friends things. We'll call ourselves The Best Friends Club.

Psn:Krappadizzle

So IndustryX and I already formed a team. BroadBandito messaged me asking if I needed to join a team. Replied, but I have no idea if it's just him or not. Assuming everyone is okay...we have a team of 4 here, yeah???

IndustryX

So IndustryX and I already formed a team. BroadBandito messaged me asking if I needed to join a team. Replied, but I have no idea if it's just him or not. Assuming everyone is okay...we have a team of 4 here, yeah???

I'm in sign me up and add me on PSN IndustryX--

keuja

I'm kind of excited for this and I don't even play the MP.
The best FAs should band together and form some kind of elite mercenary company to beat the established teams.

Gaz_RB

yeah there are some good free agents. I hope they get a team together

Alright, so for now, our team is

Me
IndustryX
Krappadrizzle

Still need one more player. BroadBandito hasn't replied, so if anyone is interested, reply here so we can keep track of who wants in.

Broadbandito is already in a team

Top Bottom