• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Marvel

could never
You know what is worse? Going back to PS3. The messages never end.

I shudder to think... my phat perished after it completed TLOU for the first time a good while back.

haha

Yep. I get the never ending loading circle like half the time I bring up my friends list :/

Indeed :( also messages that are attached to FR's that are sent to me, never load lol.

Anyway I'm all set for tonight I really hope the rest of CheeseGAF are too because I'm looking forward to it.

MMaRsu

Believe me Im lookin to this match too but with 2 players down I feel we might have to reschedule again if I cant get 1 or 2 homies to join us. I dont know where the hell Goathief is, I sure hope he's okay.

Believe me Im lookin to this match too but with 2 players down I feel we might have to reschedule again if I cant get 1 or 2 homies to join us. I dont know where the hell Goathief is, I sure hope he's okay.

We can do it later tonight if possible. We want to this to be a friendly tournament and everyone be able to compete, but at the same time we need to be cognizant that we're holding up the rest of the tournament from advancing. We've been communicating for the past three days it should happen today. Plans were cancelled or worked around by our team to make ourselves available today and for your team to not be able to show now does not sit well with me. We'd be willing to postpone by two days max, but if you can't play/find subs/whatever by then we feel you should be disqualified. If we do push it back from today, it will won't be likely good hours for you.

Is that good with you Gaz?

I'd love to fill in on Assassio's team (CheeseGAF), but I'm also in a team that advanced last night. Guess that'd be a conflict of interest!

I just love the rush of playing these tournie matches. The numbness in my fingers, the shortness of breath. So fun!

Hope you guys figure it out, but if acceptable, I'd also be available to fill in.

Strider

Basically we want everyone to be able to play in the games and it sucks that people r missing, but we dont want to hold up the tournament too long out of respect for the other teams/players.

I think for now we are going to reschedule but try and get this done tomorrow or Tuesday. Stil waiting to hear from a couple members of CheeseGAF regarding times.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
OK so heres the update on Cheese vs BBB.

We just had a chat on PSN, basically it's the same situation as Patty's long post. We are gonna play before or on tuesday, regardless of missing players/situations.

Is that all good with you Gaz?

Gaz_RB

That's fine with me. Honestly I'd rather not have to disqualify a team for scheduling issues if both teams are engaged in a conversation to figure out a date. So hopefully you guys can come to an agreement and if by Tuesday you still have concerns, then we can talk about forcing matches and disqualifications and things like that.

I'd rather save any disqualifications for lack of communication rather than rough schedules. And I don't want to have a lean against a team just because they are EU. But I do understand you guys wanna get this show on the road.

-----

Also, Comeback Kids VS The Left behind is set for a tentative 7 EST.

Marvel

could never
Never know if goa shows up soon tonight the match may still happen today if not, I'm confident Monday or Tuesday will get a result. Subs will have to come into play if our bros aren't there.

Edit. Our leader goa is online

Gaz_RB

TheWorthyEdge said he would sub, and since his team is no longer in the tourney, he could sub in for you guys if you get in touch with him

Strider

Alright so they're gonna pick up a sub and I messaged our 4th teammate on Gaf to let him know to get back on PSN. We're hoping to play the match in an hour or so.

Any subs should be no longer in the tournament correct? No subs that are currently on active teams because that would be a conflict of interest.

Hmm still no response from Theworthyedge.

Lets hope we can find another player.

Can anyone who is not in the tournament sub for them? Please?

images

Also check the MP thread to see if someone there can sub.

I think for the next tourney having 2 or 3 sub players selected before the tourney would be a good idea, there were plenty of people who didn't have a team.

Gaz_RB

I think for the next tourney having 2 or 3 sub players selected before the tourney would be a good idea, there were plenty of people who didn't have a team.

If I would have known that we would have had the need for so many subs, I might have done something like that haha

Top Bottom