• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

bluemax

Banned
i look forward to it too. he has a fucking grip of draft picks! but don't count him out for the giants just yet. the old wiley vet still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

in which case i look forward to bigAT winning the west

Fuck my life.

And the Seahawks cut the over rated Kellen Winslow. I have no hope!

Ramirez

Net code, but I think that's the game. I'm on a beefy connection right now. It's weird because my game with DCX was fine, but my game with CB was a little laggy at times. Did you feel some lag?

That game was actually really smooth compared to most I've played. Most games feel slow/choppy with no pauses, that game had the occasional pause. It's weird that I have a smoother connection with Luke/Rors/FMT/CB than people who are a lot closer to me on the east coast.

Rorschach

That game was actually really smooth compared to most I've played. Most games feel slow/choppy with no pauses, that game had the occasional pause. It's weird that I have a smoother connection with Luke/Rors/FMT/CB than people who are a lot closer to me on the east coast.

Reminds me a little bit of 07 360 where it was hit or miss until they patched it.

Ramirez

Reminds me a little bit of 07 360 where it was hit or miss until they patched it.

Yea, it'd be nice if they could get a performance patch out, but I don't see it happening.

I don't know much about the subject, but is Madden a game that will always be subject to severe lag, such as something like Halo's campaign coop? I know the AI routines have something to do with the networking model in Halo, I figure the AI of the 20 players not controlled by the players might be the same way?

Splat

God Taylor Mays is incredibly good this year.

7 Tackles, 3 sacks, 2 ints.

GG Somnia, sorry that went so shitty for you :( Run w/ Johnson more!

Rorschach

Yea, it'd be nice if they could get a performance patch out, but I don't see it happening.

I don't know much about the subject, but is Madden a game that will always be subject to severe lag, such as something like Halo's campaign coop? I know the AI routines have something to do with the networking model in Halo, I figure the AI of the 20 players not controlled by the players might be the same way?
I haven't had issues with previous Madden games in the last couple of years. They're slightly slower (this is why the kicking meter feels so much different online to offline), but they're not like Gears 1 bad. All console p2p games are bound to have some latency issues. The 2k games had excellent net codes for their time.

I think this year the issue is the new engine. That makes me think there's less of a chance for a mid-season fix/patch, but I can still hope. :/

The game feels real different offline. Not just the lag, but the gameplay itself. I don't know if they tone down the physics online or what like those first gen 360 games that toned down physics/graphics.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That 2k net code was so good in the year 2000 they decided to use it for 12 straight years with no changes!

Splat

I haven't had issues with previous Madden games in the last couple of years. They're slightly slower (this is why the kicking meter feels so much different online to offline), but they're not like Gears 1 bad. All console p2p games are bound to have some latency issues. The 2k games had excellent net codes for their time.

I think this year the issue is the new engine. That makes me think there's less of a chance for a mid-season fix/patch, but I can still hope. :/

The game feels real different offline. Not just the lag, but the gameplay itself. I don't know if they tone down the physics online or what like those first gen 360 games that toned down physics/graphics.

It's slower online just to be nice due to lag. A few years back All-Madden online was same speed as off, and it was next to impossible to kick due to it. I think they just made online kick speed independent of difficulty.

Ram: Halo and Madden are sorta similar in that way, but it's really just about the amount of (human) players in the game. Basically it will always run as slow as the slowest person's connection, and packet loss can cause worse issues (more pauses) than with a game like say TF2.

Trasher

The sweet irony of Livewire getting a super team...and still having a losing record.

Welcome back to the North, Trash! You're gonna do even worse than last year!

Son of a bitch.........

If anyone wants to trade teams let me know. :(

I'm gonna miss old Joe.

McNei1y

gg cola! good luck with that cards team. I got lucky with a lot of my blitzes on passing plays :lol

Edit: Shit, I went away from my game thinking it'd bring me to the post menu... and now it kicked me out for delay! I got the loss in that game lol. 5-6 of my losses have been from disqualifications hahahah

Rorschach

It's slower online just to be nice due to lag. A few years back All-Madden online was same speed as off, and it was next to impossible to kick due to it. I think they just made online kick speed independent of difficulty.

Ram: Halo and Madden are sorta similar in that way, but it's really just about the amount of (human) players in the game. Basically it will always run as slow as the slowest person's connection, and packet loss can cause worse issues (more pauses) than with a game like say TF2.

Yeah, I remember that. Still slower in speed overall, though.

Mrbob

Haven't had a chance to play Madden as much as I like (gone all day today too :( ) but it looks like EA didn't put in a drop back system like NCAA? Where the further you drop back, the less accurate the QB gets and icons disappear on receivers heads. Shame. They need to stop protecting Madden Nation.

Haven't had a chance to play Madden as much as I like (gone all day today too :( ) but it looks like EA didn't put in a drop back system like NCAA? Where the further you drop back, the less accurate the QB gets and icons disappear on receivers heads. Shame. They need to stop protecting Madden Nation.

well lets see, livewire did this shitty drop back all game and i think i beat him by 40 points or so. i think he had about 80 yards passing, and most of it came on a fluke deep bomb.

i'm not sure if the icons turn off or not when you drop back that far but the accuracy you have is god awful.

Top Bottom